ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the favorites in 2017?

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Anyone care to post their top 5 from the east and west?

Grundy is dropping to 1A next year. I've heard they have a good bit returning from a decent team but I don't know too much about them.

Galax , Sussex . Due to grads Riverheads should be middle of the pack at best !

GW, Galax , Covington(good coaching-starting to turn the corner) and PM in west . JIB if youth developes. After those down hill.

From this little part of the state Essex returns almost everyone including all the skill guys. Washington and Lee drops down to 1A next year and return a very good qb and a couple of good wrs. West Point returns a lot of young guys as well and are my early pick to win the Tidewater District next year.

Reactions: stubbie46
Still say GW, Galax, PM and Sussex in 2017... All four will have may returning starters and none of the four will lose much as far as depth goes. PM will continue to struggle a bit in the defensive backfield but should be able to make adjustments up front to help balance those deficiencies..Offensive and defensive lines will be basically the same as will GW and Galax... PM's running game will still be surprisingly strong as will GW and Galax... I do however anticipate some changes in the PM offensive playbook.. Sussex should have enough returning speed to keep them competitive and near the top despite their minimal size on the O and D line play.. Should be a very interesting 2017, we will know a lot more 4 or 5 games into the upcoming season... For now, bit's time to get back in the weight room and make YOURSELF and your TEAM better!!!

In the west
Galax,GW,PM,JIB, and I guess I'll say Radford haha for giggles!!

In the east
Riverheads, altavista, Sussex, Essex, and I guess franklin haha

The 5th on both are just toss ups

I don't care how many people Riverheads graduates. As long as they are 1A and Casto is coaching, they should be in the mix.

Reactions: Bama1985
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT