ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the player that no one noticed in 2017 & makes a big splash for their Team in 2018?

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
From Obscure to notabe, possible stars in 2018.

Riverbend to Colonial Forge QB, Junior, transfer, Madden Lowe.

Bishop Sullivan to Ocean Lakes RB/LB Jake Low, senior, transfer. (Not really obscure in 757 but he could help O. Lakes back to challenging O. Smith in the playoffs!)

Bishop Sullivan to Ocean Lakes
Tayvion “Tank” Land, CB/WR, senior, transfer. (Not really obscure in 757 but he could help O. Lakes back to challenging O. Smith in the playoffs!)

I. River has SERVERAL transfers, all of whom will help challenge for the S. E. District Title and will certainly be pushing for a possible matchup against Highland Springs late in the playoffs in 2018!

I don't claim to be anyone with inside knowledge. Most of this information was posted in local papers.

Who else can be added to this list?

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Dawan Dixon Jr. and Anthony Turner Phoebus/ Adam Hatcher Kecoughtan/Antwon Cowles Heritage/Isaiah Smith Bethel/Jawan Nichols Salem/Josh Johnson Norview/Marqeese Dietz Norview/Denzel Valentine Landstown/Izzy Wellons Warwick

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
If the injury bug stays away, look for Blake Leake from Eastern View to have a big year at WR

Willie Edmunds Jr. rising sophomore at GW Danville. Will play RB but wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the defensive side of the ball. Little cousin of Trey (Saints), Terrell (Steelers) and Tremaine (Bills). Kid has that pedigree. Will be a difference maker for GW.

Just got back from the intersquad scrimmage at Glass. I have 3 guys in particular that I’ll highlight.

Senior LB/WR Wyatt Hamilton- Smart versatile player that played very well at the end of the season.

Senior WR/QB/DB Justin Barnett- held it down at Safety last year, but will be called upon for some offensive production.

Senior WR Markel Woodruff- Tall receiver that didn’t play last year(I think also the year before. Turned heads at the scrimmage today.

There’s plenty more players that I think will step up, but I won’t give away too much.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Just got back from the intersquad scrimmage at Glass. I have 3 guys in particular that I’ll highlight.

Senior LB/WR Wyatt Hamilton- Smart versatile player that played very well at the end of the season.

Senior WR/QB/DB Justin Barnett- held it down at Safety last year, but will be called upon for some offensive production.

Senior WR Markel Woodruff- Tall receiver that didn’t play last year(I think also the year before. Turned heads at the scrimmage today.

There’s plenty more players that I think will step up, but I won’t give away too much.

Understood about keeping quiet about things. I started this thread & started to discuss a couple of kids that are definitely under the radar. But then I realized that people will find out after just the first few games. Plus, those kids really need to prove themselves. If they're doing the right things in school and at practice, they'll get their opportunities!!!

I always wonder about what's happening with that kid who's definitely making good contribution for a team but seems not to be getting offers and/or media coverage? Those are the kids that could be on the edge of greatness or on the brink of getting into some trouble.

The best coaches have ways of spotting those kids & finding a way to get them a mentor!

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT