ADVERTISEMENT

Why all the parry mccluer love?

THEGOATFROMJMU

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 21, 2008
I'm not anti blues at all.... but they played FOUR teams that finished year 0-10

One very good win vs Fort Chiswell..... the only other decent team they played was Buffalo Gap and they got shut out 20-0 that game....

I could be completely wrong and they might hoist the trophy in Salem but nothing in the regular season points to that..

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, but chose not to dive in that pool. Thanks for taking the bullet for me.

For me it is potential because of the speed and size of their skill players. They had some problems with Gap because their line play was atrocious at the at point and frankly Dawson is not a zone runner. Not that they conceptually run zone plays but he is a downhill runner with moves enough to cut but the blocking for him has to be a little more precise than KJ. The game against Covington showed me that they can move a big line to get their play ran succesfully( I do realize Fort has size but I haven't seen them in person so I won't speculate on that game). Friday we will see if the first game was smoke and mirrors or as I think more of a sign of things to come. IF Dressler is back in at QB and LB at 100%, I think the margin may change but not the outcome. Of course it's hard to beat teams twice in a season so you just never know. Personally o have no connection with the blues other than friends that support them. I like to watch good smashmouth football and they are back to doing that so kudos to them. The playoffs separate the pretenders from the real deal anyway so we will see. I want to be very clear, I do not see them in Salem but dismissing them would be a mistake that any of the quality teams should be wary of making. Fundamental football with an aggressive D wins this time of year, it's as simple as that in my opinion.

Reactions: 3nPunt
I have nothing but respect for PM they have an amazing LB in Wheeler. And a 3 headed monster in the backfield. But with that said I don't see why people are so shocked to see a mix of size and speed. Yes the RB'S they have are really big with good speed. But if we are talking overall team speed and size I can promise you the are not bigger nor faster than GW. Again I will not be surprised to see them deep in the playoffs. And they will not be an easy out for anyone. I said it earlier in the season PM goes as there line does. As is the case for most teams but can they compete with teams that have a huge starting 5 on the line and 4 more just as big and mean? Then we come to team speed and depth. Oldballcoach said they have as much speed waiting as they do playing and I don't doubt it. But how well season is that next group? I can only speak about GW and other teams I've seen. And I can tell you everything I see being said about PM IS the mirror of GW. We are built for a title everything is there. The depth,size,speed,leadership,experience ext is there. But if people think FC had size then oh boy are you in for a shock if you see GW. After week 2 we will know alot more about PM and Hurley cause they are probably going to meet up. Best of luck to the Blues maybe we will meet in round 3.

I'm not anti blues at all.... but they played FOUR teams that finished year 0-10

One very good win vs Fort Chiswell..... the only other decent team they played was Buffalo Gap and they got shut out 20-0 that game....

I could be completely wrong and they might hoist the trophy in Salem but nothing in the regular season points to that..
They are big and physical but a team out there will sellout and load the box
I have nothing but respect for PM they have an amazing LB in Wheeler. And a 3 headed monster in the backfield. But with that said I don't see why people are so shocked to see a mix of size and speed. Yes the RB'S they have are really big with good speed. But if we are talking overall team speed and size I can promise you the are not bigger nor faster than GW. Again I will not be surprised to see them deep in the playoffs. And they will not be an easy out for anyone. I said it earlier in the season PM goes as there line does. As is the case for most teams but can they compete with teams that have a huge starting 5 on the line and 4 more just as big and mean? Then we come to team speed and depth. Oldballcoach said they have as much speed waiting as they do playing and I don't doubt it. But how well season is that next group? I can only speak about GW and other teams I've seen. And I can tell you everything I see being said about PM IS the mirror of GW. We are built for a title everything is there. The depth,size,speed,leadership,experience ext is there. But if people think FC had size then oh boy are you in for a shock if you see GW. After week 2 we will know alot more about PM and Hurley cause they are probably going to meet up. Best of luck to the Blues maybe we will meet in round 3.
Blaster, GW has nothing to worry about with PM. Y'all are the most rounded team in the playoffs. You have size and speed, a running and passing game. It takes all that to win. I know I have said that GW want win it but may be changing my opinion on that one.

They are big and physical but a team out there will sellout and load the box

Blaster, GW has nothing to worry about with PM. Y'all are the most rounded team in the playoffs. You have size and speed, a running and passing game. It takes all that to win. I know I have said that GW want win it but may be changing my opinion on that one.
Coming from you Fort89 that's saying alot man. I honestly think if GW plays at the top of there game they will win it all.

The only thing I see on here is people talking bad about them. There NOT getting any love at all, just like this post.
Yawl just played a weak schedule that's all you got to earn respect its never giving no hard feelings you guys may have a stellar team but we wont find out until the playoffs when you all face stiffer competition the board got love for everybody even "MMQP" lol a lot of talk up here its just to hype up the boys its never personal keep balling Hurley will be a tough out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT