ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcats coming to Appomattox

Bo Bob

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 1, 2016
What y’all think? Last year Dan River had some success until their loss to Glenvar.
How are the Wildcats this year?

What y’all think? Last year Dan River had some success until their loss to Glenvar.
How are the Wildcats this year?
Dan River is young, really young and don't have the young headliners they had with this group that just graduated. RB is a freshman and is pretty good but they're still the worst Dan River team since ... 2007? Sometime before Ferrell Edmunds started coaching there.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Dan River is young, really young and don't have the young headliners they had with this group that just graduated. RB is a freshman and is pretty good but they're still the worst Dan River team since ... 2007? Sometime before Ferrell Edmunds started coaching there.
Edmunds developed a winning team but always lacked using people in proper positions. Hoping the best fir Dan River to develop under their new coach.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Game will be over in first quarter. Not a team in dogwood that will even give Appomattox a game. This is probably weakest dogwood has been in over 25 years excluding Appomattox.
I would have to agree with you. Was seriously hoping Appo would have been healthy from day one and we would have given Heritage a loss. Then with LB on the schedule too i was hoping for better to help us be ready come playoffs.

I thought Chatham was going to be competitive until they lost to Patrick on Friday. Dogwood may be the worst district in the state outside of Appomattox.

Reactions: BigDaddyFromThe434
I thought Chatham was going to be competitive until they lost to Patrick on Friday. Dogwood may be the worst district in the state outside of Appomattox.
Definitely possible. It's the worst the Dogwood has been ... ever? Someone may end up with a good record when all is said and done if they can prove to be the best of the rest. I know hawknation92 is hoping Coach Miller and the Hawks pull it off.

Definitely possible. It's the worst the Dogwood has been ... ever? Someone may end up with a good record when all is said and done if they can prove to be the best of the rest. I know hawknation92 is hoping Coach Miller and the Hawks pull it off.
I agree. It’s not just the Dogwood, the Piedmont is pretty horrible too. Coach Miller and company are doing big things in G-Town. I admire that staff over there. I thought they were going to have a big year and maybe they still do.. The Glass lost was expected as Glass is a top 5 team in Class 4. That Magna Vista game threw me for a loop. MV, Dan River and Tunstall are by far the biggest disappointments. GW and Bassett look really good early.

Last edited:
I think the Pittsylvania County teams were hurt by not being able to practice or play this past spring like some schools. They were only allowed to practice two weeks before they did their just play in county schedule. Most teams had already started playing a reduced schedule by then. Dan River was senior heavy but now is young with about two years of football lost. Gretna is very young also. Chatham has more seniors so think that's why they weren't as rusty as the rest but think they have all caught up now. Hopefully from here on out everyone will be able to do off season work outs and be ready next year.

I think the Pittsylvania County teams were hurt by not being able to practice or play this past spring like some schools. They were only allowed to practice two weeks before they did their just play in county schedule. Most teams had already started playing a reduced schedule by then. Dan River was senior heavy but now is young with about two years of football lost. Gretna is very young also. Chatham has more seniors so think that's why they weren't as rusty as the rest but think they have all caught up now. Hopefully from here on out everyone will be able to do off season work outs and be ready next year.

So who appears to be the best in Pittsylvania Co. ?

Chatham. Gretna not far behind. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Hawks beat Chatham though.
If that game ever gets played... I could also see Dan River beating Chatham. DR has a few athletes and Chatham gave up some big plays against Patrick County. But Chatham is probably the best team for this season based on returning players from last year and being able to play whenever they can fit games.

Appomattox had it in cruse control last nite , Dan river is very young right now but appo is still getting better each week ! Half of the regular season is done and some teams still have only played 2 games wonder how the vhsl will handle things come playoff time , will it be a minimum games played to qualify?

Reactions: Raiders Radio
Appomattox had it in cruse control last nite , Dan river is very young right now but appo is still getting better each week ! Half of the regular season is done and some teams still have only played 2 games wonder how the vhsl will handle things come playoff time , will it be a minimum games played to qualify?
Dan River's second half of the schedule is MUCH easier than the first half. Dan River could win 3-5 of these final 5 games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT