ADVERTISEMENT

Will be interesting to what day games are on with weather

Phoebus Vs York will be played Thursday 4:30pm at Darling Stadium with Kecoughtan Vs Norview following. The city refuses to allow Phoebus to play at night claiming safety issues smh.

Per HR Varsity , every game in greater Hampton Roads is now scheduled for Thursday.

Salem just moved to Thursday as well. So I'd expect just about every game will be in Thursday or Saturday

Reactions: tommythecpa
I'd personally would rather play on a Thursday in the first rd if you have to change it. Gives a longer week for preparation when you win first round and usually most higher seeds win their first round games.

Those are some good stats and it’s not the kids fault but do you think that’s happening if they play Hopewell’s schedule? (I’m biased but I believe it’s the toughest schedule out of all the teams) I commend Lafayette for lining up and playing the schedule they were dealt but my comment was just to say they really aren’t a battle tested team. I personally don’t believe their record is indicative of how they will play as a playoff team. Will lafayette win this week probably, will it be a blow out? I’m not sold on that. However IMO Lafayette doesn’t make it past the second round.
CH lost to NK...Lafayette beat NK 35-0, and that was the score at halftime...comparing scores can be dangerous, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's a blowout...matter of fact, I'd say it's likely.

Last edited:
Those are some good stats and it’s not the kids fault but do you think that’s happening if they play Hopewell’s schedule? (I’m biased but I believe it’s the toughest schedule out of all the teams) I commend Lafayette for lining up and playing the schedule they were dealt but my comment was just to say they really aren’t a battle tested team. I personally don’t believe their record is indicative of how they will play as a playoff team. Will lafayette win this week probably, will it be a blow out? I’m not sold on that. However IMO Lafayette doesn’t make it past the second round.
Not battle tested? Not a blowout? The Lafayette backups started coming in by the 3rd.

It was only 28-20 early in the 3Q. Then things changed for the remaining of the game. CH could not stop Lafayette’s offense (no punts) but the CH spread offense did cause some problems for Lafayette’s defense and their Qb was very good.

It was only 28-20 early in the 3Q. Then things changed for the remaining of the game. CH could not stop Lafayette’s offense (no punts) but the CH spread offense did cause some problems for Lafayette’s defense and their Qb was very good.
Missing our LB hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT