ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night's "Pre Snow" Shenandoah District Games

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I assume these will all go on scheduled since the snow is not forecast until Saturday. So here is the slate of games for Friday night...........

Buffalo Gap at Stuarts Draft: On paper this looks like an easy win for the Cougars but with any two county schools you never can tell. These two sometimes have real shoot outs but this one should be more low scoring. Look for a Low 60s to mid 40s kind of game.

Riverheads at Fort Defiance: Last year at this time, no one was giving RHS much of a chance in this one, but they stunned the Indians on a buzzer-beater. So that will no doubt be in the minds of both teams once again and one or the other will get its motivation from what happened that night. For Riverheads the task tonight will be simple.....put together two good halves instead of just one. On paper the Indians look like the clear favorite but "swish".... one shot could change that!

Waynesboro at Wilson: I was stunned to read that the Little Giants came within two points of Stuarts Draft Wednesday night. How did that happen???? Based on having seen Wilson in person and read about Waynesboro all this year, I see this one as a 30 point blowout for the home team, but if Waynesboro suddenly has found its mojo, it could be closer.

Broadway at Staunton: With seven teams in the league, someone has to take the night off each time or find a non-district game to play. So tonight The Storm will host Broadway. Both teams have had an up and down season but I still consider Staunton to be the class of the Shenandoah whereas The Gobblers are middle of the pack in the Valley, so with home court advantage, Staunton should take this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT