ADVERTISEMENT

William Monroe vs Madison

Dec 27, 2013
Monroe's win streak goes to 10 games over Madison winning 43-40. Monroe should have won the game by 15 points. Monroe's defense held Madison scoreless in the 2nd quarter. Jeff Early 14 points 12 rebounds 4 steals, Anthony Terry 13 points 2 rebounds, Keegan Woolford 10 points 3 rebounds Kam'ron McCain 4 assists 3 rebounds 3 steals. Monroe plays Clarke County Tuesday

Not sure what game you were watching but WM was lucky to win, much less win "by 15". Early had his usual good game but MC's Sophomore Dylan Breeden more than held his own with 12 pts, 12 boards, 4 blocks. I'd say that match up was a wash. The difference was Keegan making FTs in the final minute.

10 wins in a row in a rivalry is a pretty impressive stat, sounds like kind of a lopsided matchup but a good game tonight.

Lucky?? Anyone that was there could tell you Monroe was 10 points or more better than Madison during that game.

Yes lucky and I was there. If not for a couple of youthful mistakes, MC could have won that game... like the lane violation on the made front end of the one and one that would have cut the lead to 1 or possibly tied it in the last 2 minutes. I'll grant you that WM has more experience and depth and may win the BRD but that is about as far as they make it this season.

Teams had better get MC this year...they will return everybody but Graves next season as juniors... and the JV team has some real talent (if they do not transfer).

On another note, several WM folks last night said that Early was not going to play basketball in the ODAC next year but was playing baseball instead. I know he has a strong arm and is a good player. Just curious if he is playing baseball and where? I think he has the skills to have a longer career in baseball.

This post was edited on 12/12 8:31 AM by white&blue

He's not 100% sure yet where he's going. 2 years ago he wanted to go to Coastal Carolina University. But getting an education is first on his list

This post was edited on 12/12 9:51 AM by 34slam

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT