ADVERTISEMENT

Wise-Central @ Graham

Central puts up a better fight than Union did but doesn't have the talent to stop Graham and win. Graham is big and strong on the LOS but they also have the athletes to match Wise. Wise probably breaks a couple big plays but I can't see Graham struggling too much.

If Graham comes out focused (and I think they will). They should win by 2 or 3 scores (maybe more). Graham is on a mission, it will take a very, very good team to beat them if they played like they did on friday.

Their performance Friday night matched any playoff performance they had last year in my opinion. If GMen had used the Meadows boy on defense against Union in regular season like they did Friday, they may have pulled out the win. I think the loss was a great motivator for them though. I actually think defense is as good if not better than last year even without Cam and the offensive running game is much improved over last year. I see Graham winning Friday night. One game at a time...and Go GMen!

Last edited:
Their performance Friday night matched any playoff performance they had last year in my opinion. If GMen had used the Meadows boy on defense against Union in regular season like they did Friday, they may have pulled out the win. I think the loss was a great motivator for them though. I actually think defense is as good if not better than last year even without Cam and the offensive running game is much improved over last year. I see Graham winning Friday night. One game at a time...ago Go GMen!
i agree.

Going to be a rainy, nasty day here in Bluefield. Condions shouldnt play as big a role on turf, but that ball will still be slippery.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Probably been asked and answere a 100 times already but is there a livestream or radio link for this game?

I hate cold, rainy games but at least it’s on turf and not a cow pasture somewhere. The Marion game last year will be forever etched in my mind. The mud bowl~
Players were literally coming out of their cleats. One way to slow down the G men I guess. Marion needs to think about doing something with that field, better drainage for one thing.

I would like to reiterate, I hate rainy cold games but GMen are handling much better than me . Both sides of ball playing well considering the weather. Central has had some good plays though. They’re not giving up, digging in!

Seriously looking like Graham is coming to Appomattox. Will take a heck of a comeback for Central to win.

Central scores twice quickly

Graham 24
Central 14

Late second quarter

Hold the phones. Central is a big and physical team. Long td pass and a fumble by Graham has tightened the score to 24-14 1:03 to go til half.

Halftime 24-14 Graham. Penalties have hurt Graham a lot. Rainy and cold conditions are making it hard to throw and cut for both teams, but still in front. Ill take it. Impressed with Centrals physicaility. Going toe to toe with a very physical Graham team. Hurry up 2nd half, my toes are wet and cold!!

Very impressed with Central! Rain is an issue for both teams and especially fans like for me, lol! GMen need to focus and muster all the discipline they can. Central playing them hard & GMen are getting killed by penalties.

Penalties are truly hurting Graham, long Td called back on a hold.

Hold the phones. Central is a big and physical team. Long td pass and a fumble by Graham has tightened the score to 24-14 1:03 to go til half.

Big? LOL never heard anyone describe Wise as big. They are extremely physical but they are small. They set punch above their weight class tho.

I'm listening and heard the last name of Kiser or Kizer (pardon the spelling), who I think is an offensive lineman for Graham High.

Should be two great battles next week in Class 2 Ball. Outstanding 4 teams left.

They're saying it's a Peyton Kiser. If ejected, he will be forced to miss next week unless he wins appeal.

Should be two great battles next week in Class 2 Ball. Outstanding 4 teams left.

Appo looked good on the stream last night, but I don't believe anyone wants to see Graham on the opposing sidelines right now. They are rolling. Not saw SD/TJ, Draft seems more battle tested but Jefferson got a big win last night.

I favor the West, whoever wins Appo/Graham, but who knows.

Giles and Gmen are my second and third favorite teams, but I'm going with Appomattox next week by a touchdown to beat Graham at home. I think the two are so close that the winner of this game is the one who has home field advantage which is Appomattox. If playing at Graham, I would pick them.

Giles and Gmen are my second and third favorite teams, but I'm going with Appomattox next week by a touchdown to beat Graham at home. I think the two are so close that the winner of this game is the one who has home field advantage which is Appomattox. If playing at Graham, I would pick them.

I uusually agree but Graham have been road warriors this year. Won big in two very tough places to play, Big Stone and Richlands.

Refs were flag happy in this one. Who knows. I was standing by the fence when he was ejected, right near the play, but could not tell you what it was for. If he didn't throw a punch or anything, it could be contested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT