ADVERTISEMENT

With friends like these...,

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
who needs enemies?

Here I am, trapped out of town, unable to attend my beloved Dinwiddie Generals game, and my so called friends stab me in the back.

Here I was sitting, cramped, cold, hungry, and all alone holding my phone, eagerly awaiting a near "real time" play by play text of the game that I was promised. Kickoff time came and went, and ...... silence..., followed by....., more silence.

So I text Bleeding Navy and say, hey, what's going on. After a few minutes he writes to say that the siren we blow as the players take the field failed to operate, (kind of my responsibility, I guess?). He proceeded to explain that if anything bad happened, it would be all might fault. ( Really? Three grown men can't figure out how to push a little red button?)

After sending more text to just about everyone I even thought might be at the game I get a cryptic text that said Dinwiddie fumbled and Caroline scored, 6-0.

Then....., more silence.

Finally I get a text that something happened to the power and the stadium was in the dark. (I guess this was somehow my responsibility, too?)

Funny thing was, not even a peep of any of this showed up on Preps, Twitter, etc.

Finally, I had to ask my good buddy Danny Lewis if he had any updates. Apparently Danny was the only person Navy could not buy off. He said he was not sure, but knew it was 28-0 Dinwiddie at one point.

After confronting Navy and a few others about the bogus info they so gleefully sent me, one of them finally gave me an accurate update.

In response to such disloyal treatment of me, I spent the day re-evaluating what a true friend really is. Need I say more? I guess I will be attending football games with all new "friends" in the future.

who needs enemies?

Here I am, trapped out of town, unable to attend my beloved Dinwiddie Generals game, and my so called friends stab me in the back.

Here I was sitting, cramped, cold, hungry, and all alone holding my phone, eagerly awaiting a near "real time" play by play text of the game that I was promised. Kickoff time came and went, and ...... silence..., followed by....., more silence.

So I text Bleeding Navy and say, hey, what's going on. After a few minutes he writes to say that the siren we blow as the players take the field failed to operate, (kind of my responsibility, I guess?). He proceeded to explain that if anything bad happened, it would be all might fault. ( Really? Three grown men can't figure out how to push a little red button?)

After sending more text to just about everyone I even thought might be at the game I get a cryptic text that said Dinwiddie fumbled and Caroline scored, 6-0.

Then....., more silence.

Finally I get a text that something happened to the power and the stadium was in the dark. (I guess this was somehow my responsibility, too?)

Funny thing was, not even a peep of any of this showed up on Preps, Twitter, etc.

Finally, I had to ask my good buddy Danny Lewis if he had any updates. Apparently Danny was the only person Navy could not buy off. He said he was not sure, but knew it was 28-0 Dinwiddie at one point.

After confronting Navy and a few others about the bogus info they so gleefully sent me, one of them finally gave me an accurate update.

In response to such disloyal treatment of me, I spent the day re-evaluating what a true friend really is. Need I say more? I guess I will be attending football games with all new "friends" in the future.
Where you headed for your bye week?

who needs enemies?

Then....., more silence.

Your friends attended the game. You and your "new friends" were lounging at the beach. Sounds like you have priority issues.

As far as the rest of the story goes we are guilty as charged. We received a pardon from the AD as he felt you were truly negligent. An evilly devised plan that worked to perfection. One for the good guys (loyal fans).

Your friends attended the game. You and your "new friends" were lounging at the beach. Sounds like you have priority issues.

As far as the rest of the story goes we are guilty as charged. We received a pardon from the AD as he felt you were truly negligent. An evilly devised plan that worked to perfection. One for the good guys (loyal fans).
Ok, but I don't what to hear any whining when "payback" time rolls around!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT