ADVERTISEMENT

Woodgrove Offense

I will Let @Tom Potter talk about his own team. Except I will say the QB runs well.

Woodgrove runs a spread offense, but it’s more of a running spread than a passing spread. The Wolverines’ QB, Walker, has 950 rushing yards; the TB, Lewis, has an even 1,000. Woodgrove also likes to run WR sweeps.

It will be an interesting contrast of spread offenses, as Blacksburg’s is more of a passing spread.

Woodgrove runs a spread offense, but it’s more of a running spread than a passing spread. The Wolverines’ QB, Walker, has 950 rushing yards; the TB, Lewis, has an even 1,000. Woodgrove also likes to run WR sweeps.

It will be an interesting contrast of spread offenses, as Blacksburg’s is more of a passing spread.
Sounds similar to EC Glass' spread offense. EC Glass QB entered that game with 1300+ rushing yards and RB entered with 1100+. The EC Glass QB rushed for 127 yards against Blacksburg but held thier RB to around 50 yards. Blacksburg will win if Woodgrove isn't able to have consistent success throwing the ball.

Oh. I always thought Woodgrove put the biggest dudes they could find on the line and tried to just run it down your throat

Oh. I always thought Woodgrove put the biggest dudes they could find on the line and tried to just run it down your throat
That was just the year they had those NFL sized lines and smacked EV!

Sounds similar to EC Glass' spread offense. EC Glass QB entered that game with 1300+ rushing yards and RB entered with 1100+. The EC Glass QB rushed for 127 yards against Blacksburg but held thier RB to around 50 yards. Blacksburg will win if Woodgrove isn't able to have consistent success throwing the ball.

The one thing i'll say is that Woodgrove has very large, very physical receivers. They can go get the ball. Now the draw back there is that the QB does just heave it up there expecting his guy to go get it sometimes.

A hyper athletic secondary could have some success against that.

My gut is that Woodgrove will win some and lose some in the passing game and needs to be able to move the ball on the ground as they have all year.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNation85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT