ADVERTISEMENT

WP at K&Q Central High

NND Sports Fan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 1, 2002
This is proving to be an interesting matchup for both teams. It's K&Q's first true test vs. a public school. K&Q might have a couple more athletes than WP, but the Pointers have played pretty well the last couple weeks. The only common opponent is Middlesex. K&Q had to rally in the second half to earn a 21-10 win. WP routed Middlesex 42-7. I'm expecting an enormous audience for this Saturday afternoon contest. Best of luck to both teams.
PS: K&Q was once an NND member!!!

Good luck to both and hopefully it’s a huge crowd. Did anyone outside of K&Q even begin to think they would have this kind of run? This along with Charles City fielding a team again are two of my favorite storylines this year.
Charles City has a great guy as an AD now. If anybody can get them back on solid ground, it's him.

Does anyone have an update on WPs QB, heard he’s only played in 2 games and hasn’t played for 3 straight weeks. And the O lineman that was rushed to the hospital for a head injury last week against CB? Also how did K&Qs QB look vs Mathews haven’t heard his name in a while on here (update pls) I believe K&Q has a chance to make a statement to the region and make huge history in their program, goodluck!
Malik Holmes the KQ qb was 12-18, 256 yards and 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions plus 1 rushing touchdown against Mathews. For the season, he's up to 1776 yards with 18 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Leading receiver, D'andre Hill has 946 yards and 10 touchdowns. Charles Mills leads the rushing attack with 674 yards on 66 carries. They all will have to have big games on Saturday against a very talented and well coached Pointer team, who I know and have nothing but the utmost respect for.

Last edited:
Huge game and rivalry for both squads !! If I’m correct, King and Queen cancelled their season what two years ago? And this happened in 94 i believe as well? Kwhs95fan am I correct. ?

Reactions: gwb16 and kwhs95fan
That's correct. I belive they got to halftime of a game in '94 and then cancelled the remainder of the season and two years ago they got in four games before forfeiting the remainder of their games. BUT, K&Q does own a state championship from the 1990 season! They had some decent teams from 88-92 and the first two seasons of the 2000s. They last made the playoffs in 2000 IIRC

That's correct. I belive they got to halftime of a game in '94 and then cancelled the remainder of the season and two years ago they got in four games before forfeiting the remainder of their games. BUT, K&Q does own a state championship from the 1990 season! They had some decent teams from 88-92 and the first two seasons of the 2000s. They last made the playoffs in 2000 IIRC
Yes, the last time they made the playoffs was in 2000. Their last playoff win was in 1992.

Why is this game on Saturday instead of Friday? Just curious.
King and Queen always has their homecoming game, corresponding with Community Pride Day, on a Saturday. There is a parade at 10 along with food and vendors. A flag football game at 12 or 12:30, and then the varsity football game at 2. It's been that way for as long as I can remember.

King and Queen always has their homecoming game, corresponding with Community Pride Day, on a Saturday. There is a parade at 10 along with food and vendors. A flag football game at 12 or 12:30, and then the varsity football game at 2. It's been that way for as long as I can remember.

Cool, I figured it was a Homecoming thing.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
This is proving to be an interesting matchup for both teams. It's K&Q's first true test vs. a public school. K&Q might have a couple more athletes than WP, but the Pointers have played pretty well the last couple weeks. The only common opponent is Middlesex. K&Q had to rally in the second half to earn a 21-10 win. WP routed Middlesex 42-7. I'm expecting an enormous audience for this Saturday afternoon contest. Best of luck to both teams.
PS: K&Q was once an NND member!!!

NNDMAN - yes we remember when KQCHS was a member of the old 8 team NND. It was a tough schedule. I think back when I was in high school there was a season where three teams were tied at 5-2. I may be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT