ADVERTISEMENT

NND & Tidewater Scrimmages

NND Sports Fan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 1, 2002
Here's what I've been able to discover thus far. Don't know anything about Mathews or Charles City although I have heard that Mathews is not fielding a team.
Rappahannock
at Windsor August 11
at K&Q August 18
Northumberland
home vs Caroline August 11
at West Point August 18
Lancaster
home vs. Northampton August 17
Westmoreland
at Brunswick August 11
home vs Richmond City (formerly George Wythe) August 18
Essex
vs. Tabb (Aug 10) and King William (Aug 18); both are supposed to be at Essex but don't know where these may be played at this time due to ongoing renovations at the Trojans' stadium.
Colonial Beach
home vs Middlesex August 18
King & Queen
home vs Rappahannock August 18
Middlesex
at Colonial Beach August 18
WestPoint
at New Kent August 10
home vs. Northumberland August 18
Is Class 2 King William considered a Tidewater District member in football since they only play WP and K&Q? They scrimmage at Poquoson on August 11 and vs Essex on August 18

Last edited:
Here's what I've been able to discover thus far. Don't know anything about Mathews or Charles City although I have heard that Mathews is not fielding a team.
Rappahannock
at K&Q August 18
Northumberland
home vs Caroline August 11
at West Point August 18
Lancaster
home vs. Northampton August 17
Westmoreland
at Brunswick August 11
home vs Richmond City (formerly George Wythe) August 18
Essex
vs. Tabb (Aug 10) and King William (Aug 18); boht are supposed to be at Essex but don't know where these may be played at this time due to ongoing renovations at the Trojans' stadium.
Colonial Beach
home vs Middlesex August 18
King & Queen
home vs Rappahannock August 18
Middlesex
at Colonial Beach August 18
WestPoint
at New Kent August 10
home vs. Northumberland August 18
Is Class 2 King William considered a Tidewater District member in football since they only play WP and K&Q? They scrimmage at Poquoson on August 11 and vs Essex on August 18

King William is still in the Tidewater District. The district agreed that teams can opt out against playing King William with no postseason penalty.

King William is still in the Tidewater District. The district agreed that teams can opt out against playing King William with no postseason penalty.
So now I have a question for you. I think I know the answer but let's say all Tidewater District teams field teams. Middlesex beats K&Q, CC, Mathews, and West Point while King William beats West Point and K&Q. Who's declared the district champion?

So now I have a question for you. I think I know the answer but let's say all Tidewater District teams field teams. Middlesex beats K&Q, CC, Mathews, and West Point while King William beats West Point and K&Q. Who's declared the district champion?

While district championships really don't mean anything anymore other than bragging rights, it's probably going to be safe to assume that the team with the best winning percentage in district contests (despite the number of games played) will be crowned champion. If it's a tie, then it will probably be co-champions.

And if my memory serves me correctly, a team has to play a complete district schedule to be declared district champions. I have to check on that.

I was told that the Tabb @ Essex scrimmage for today (8-10), will be Friday 8-11 at Tabb @ 6pm. The new bleachers going up at Essex are not completed. Pretty sure next weeks King William @ Essex will be held at KW.

I was told that the Tabb @ Essex scrimmage for today (8-10), will be Friday 8-11 at Tabb @ 6pm. The new bleachers going up at Essex are not completed. Pretty sure next weeks King William @ Essex will be held at KW.
I heard that KW and Essex will both travel to Southampton for a scrimmage next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT