ADVERTISEMENT

XCROSS!

Trevor_Cash

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 30, 2006
What you have to say now buddy!!!!!!!

What an amazing game. Both teams fought hard all game long. Wilson Memorial scored on the first drive of the game and would not score again until their first play in OT.

Hunter Carr ended the game with 2 INT, including one in the end zone in OT while Thai Wright had 3. Hunter now has 10 INT on the year and I believe Thai has 6 just in the playoffs.

WE'RE GOING TO SALEM!

To all Richlands

You guys have an awesome fan base!! This was by far the best game atmosphere I've been to around here. You're team is a great bunch. Nothing to hang their heads about. I hope you all have safe travels home!

To all Richlands

Thanks Cash, and that was a great game. Your D was everything we heard and I thought our D played extremely well. Good luck next week !

This post was edited on 12/6 5:19 PM by Bigrhsfan

Re: To all Richlands

The Richlands fans were pretty awesome. They got a little frustrated with the officiating, but they were there in good number to support their team. I love a good defensive game and this one really delivered. Good luck to Wilson next week!

I think everybody got frustrated with the officiating. I heard people in the Wilson stands saying "just let the kids play" AFTER THE FLAG WAS THROWN AGAINST RICHLANDS!

I was very impressed with Richlands, obviously very well coached, made great adjustments after we scored on our first posession, and I really thought when it went to OT that it was all in Richlands favor. The folks I talked to do from Richlands were very nice, very complimentary and I wish them nothing but the best in the future. I'll be rooting for them next year.

I'm not sure exactly how many penalties were called, but man it seemed like a lot, and at one time, it seemed that there were penalties every other play. It was a great game to watch. Loved the big crowd and the atmosphere. It's nice to see a fan base that loves hs football as much as I do! That was the most people I've ever seen on the away side at wilson. I was impressed with Richlands football team too. Some of those INTs were just like punts as they were on 4th down and put Wilson back towards their endzone. I hope McCauley is back to full strength next week, and that Wilson can play a little smarter.

Something odd on the Wilson side: they had 2 sets of seats in the bleachers beside the band reserved for the student section, and there were probably less than a dozen students sitting there... Not a real impressive showing from the student section lol

Congrats to Wilson Memorial. What a year for Richlands. Starting 0-2 and then going on a run to the state semis. The way the defense played today was awesome. Looking forward to next year with 8 returning starters back on the defensive side of the ball. Good luck to Wilson Memorial next weekend in Salem against a good Glenvar football team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT