ADVERTISEMENT

Zavione Wood

What position do you think he’ll play this year ?
He's a good receiver, but I'm pretty sure he'll be the #2 RB behind Isaiah Persinger. They could actually have both in the backfield together as well. He'll also likely be a Robber on Defense. (LB/CB depending on coverage) So pretty much, he'll likely play the same spots as last year.

With so many losses to graduation on the OL/DL it's my opinion that Pinello could be moved to TE or G. Also on defense I could see Leftwich playing at DE. He will probably also get more carries as RB.

These are just my opinions. I know they have a lot of good players returning with a lot of options. The coaches do a very good job of putting the puzzle pieces together. This year they will be more experienced in spots where they were young last year, (defensive backfield) and they will be inexperienced in places where they had Sr's last year. (OL)

He's a good receiver, but I'm pretty sure he'll be the #2 RB behind Isaiah Persinger. They could actually have both in the backfield together as well. He'll also likely be a Robber on Defense. (LB/CB depending on coverage) So pretty much, he'll likely play the same spots as last year.

With so many losses to graduation on the OL/DL it's my opinion that Pinello could be moved to TE or G. Also on defense I could see Leftwich playing at DE. He will probably also get more carries as RB.

These are just my opinions. I know they have a lot of good players returning with a lot of options. The coaches do a very good job of putting the puzzle pieces together. This year they will be more experienced in spots where they were young last year, (defensive backfield) and they will be inexperienced in places where they had Sr's last year. (OL)
Yes, it will be interesting to see what they do. Leftwich playing fullback would allow him to get more carries, even if it is just for a year. He has the size for it would help him get more opportunities than he would as the #3 RB. He also got to get some reps at DE last year so he should be good to go there. It will be interesting to see if they use Waller inside or outside on the DL because he has done both before but was used more at DT/Nose last year. If Stacy Williams works his way into a starting spot at DT, I could see them let Waller stay at DE.

I could see the coaches allow Zavione to get some action at receiver when they are in shotgun/4-wide.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike salem
Yes, it will be interesting to see what they do. Leftwich playing fullback would allow him to get more carries, even if it is just for a year. He has the size for it would help him get more opportunities than he would as the #3 RB. He also got to get some reps at DE last year so he should be good to go there. It will be interesting to see if they use Waller inside or outside on the DL because he has done both before but was used more at DT/Nose last year. If Stacy Williams works his way into a starting spot at DT, I could see them let Waller stay at DE.

I could see the coaches allow Zavione to get some action at receiver when they are in shotgun/4-wide.
I would like to see Waller and Leftwich on the ends.

Just watched Salem vs PH online. Zavione is a pretty decent player. Was refreshing to watch Salem on offense. I-backfield with a TE seems rare these days

Reactions: freeatlast2013
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT