4.Galax
5.Narrows
6.Rural Retreat

7.Chilhowie
8.JI Burton
9.George Wythe

10.Rye Cove

Last edited:
boys / eastside , Covington , GW , Honaker , PM , Chilhowie, Auburn , JIB / Girls PM , Galax, Chihowie, GW, Honaker , Narrows

on the boys eastside returns the whole squad . Covington returns their backcourt , GW has several key players return and so does honaker. Similar on the girls side. PM returns whole team , galax has 2 studs returning but lacks depth , Chilhowie and honaker will battle in region d . Not sure whats coming back in the east ?

PM lost 4 seniors that played a lot. They also lost their 6 9 center to injury. I don't think he will get to play this year. Covington returns almost the whole team. Eastside will be tough and i think GW returns enough to be in the mix.

Shouldn't the girls title just be given to PM in advance and save the VHSL the trouble of that one championship game?

on the boys eastside returns the whole squad . Covington returns their backcourt , GW has several key players return and so does honaker. Similar on the girls side. PM returns whole team , galax has 2 studs returning but lacks depth , Chilhowie and honaker will battle in region d . Not sure whats coming back in the east ?
How many girls are gone from the Rural Retreat team that beat Galax last season?

The way the VHSL does the regions anything can happen . I believe the regions are held at Auburn ? Any clue on how they seed the regions this year ?

RR will battle . They always play with a lot of grit . Think they lost 1 off of last years team . Similar to galax they have zero depth

Boys 1A pre-season top ten west

1.Covington
2.Eastside
3.Chilhowie
4.George Wythe
5.JI Burton
6.Honaker
7.Parry McCluer
8.Northwood
9.Twin Valley
10.Auburn

Girls1A pre-season top ten west

1.Parry McCluer
2.Honaker
3.Narrows

4.Rural Retreat
5.Eastside
6.Galax

7.Chilhowie
8.George Wythe
9.JI Burton
10.Rye Cove

Really ? GW girls ain't no where near down that far

heard GW girls got beat down in scrimmage today also, Pulaski I think it was

This is so good to hear. It's completely hard to believe that GW girls lost. After all LaVar balls daughter wearing 200 thousand dollar LaVar ball shoes transferred to the team.

Surry girls beat a good 5A Green Run team yesterday.

it sounds like many teams are getting off to a good start. Congrats to Surry girls on a nice win.
Did you return everyone from last year ?

There appears to be several teams expecting to play well this year.

Boys 1A pre-season top ten west

1.Covington
2.Eastside
3.Chilhowie
4.George Wythe
5.JI Burton
6.Honaker
7.Parry McCluer
8.Northwood
9.Twin Valley
10.Auburn

1.Parry McCluer
2.Honaker
3.Narrows

4.Rural Retreat
5.Eastside
6.Galax

7.Chilhowie
8.George Wythe
9.JI Burton
10.Rye Cove

I have no issues with your assessment of PM ranked at 1. I posted a thread last month and when I did I was misinformed. As it sits today they should be on top until proven other wise. However I do feel GALAX girls are ranked severely low on this list.

I believe GALAX is not only within the top few west teams but also the top few overall teams. Apparently Surry from the EAST is returning everyone and should be ranked high. I feel our GALAX girls are in the overall mix for the state.

WEST GIRLS

1. PM
2. GALAX
3. EASTSIDE
4. Honaker
5. Chilhowie
6. BLAND
7. Narrows
8. Rural Retreat
9. JI Burton
10. Northwood

Honorable mention LaVar balls 40 and over parent team.

the west
narrows, honaker, and eastside will be tough this year, you said galax has two players and no bench.

the east
Surry Co, Matthews, AGRS, Colonial Beach ,Riverheads, Lancaster, Cumberland, Altavista, Essex, Northumberland top ten may look similar to this.

GW

as far as GW I have not seen them play since state this year. They lost all but two players from that team so logically you would say it is not possible a team comes back after that the following year.

This year's team has 1Sr. 4or5Jrs.2so.4fr. It will different than having 8 girls that have always played together that is for sure. The transitions from one team to the other alone, but on top of that the patience it will take in bringing these girls together as a team will be tremendous.

When you have always started and four talented freshmen come along competing for your starting positions it could take a while to gel as one team. I have not seen their schedule, but I would imagine Coach C will play them against the best he can find in having them ready for post season play. They have the Coach, with the patience they need, he will have them ready one way or another.

Putting together a starting lineup that can not only beat but dominate the second team will be hard to find. Should be some good competitive practices going on at GW. I remember Memphis, Kentucky and UNC running two groups. Time will tell and as soon as I see them play I can form a better opinion...but I would not count them out before the season begins.

I know everyone said he was out coached at state and they lost, could not be further from the truth, those girls had their worst game shooting at the wrong time, if one or two of those shoots had found the basket it is a different story……he couldn’t shoot for them. they had chance after chance to win, that was all he could provide, and he gave them that opportunity.

So if any of you from southwest Virginia want to see the PM girls play they will be playing Floyd County on Nov. 30. Might be a good chance for some of you to see them play. Should be a good one.

Surry returns every one except their 6'5 Center who graduated but they were 16-1 without her last year until she returned. During that span they started 3 freshman and two Sophmores.

the west
narrows, honaker, and eastside will be tough this year, you said galax has two players and no bench.

the east
Surry Co, Matthews, AGRS, Colonial Beach ,Riverheads, Lancaster, Cumberland, Altavista, Essex, Northumberland top ten may look similar to this.

GW

as far as GW I have not seen them play since state this year. They lost all but two players from that team so logically you would say it is not possible a team comes back after that the following year.

This year's team has 1Sr. 4or5Jrs.2so.4fr. It will different than having 8 girls that have always played together that is for sure. The transitions from one team to the other alone, but on top of that the patience it will take in bringing these girls together as a team will be tremendous.

When you have always started and four talented freshmen come along competing for your starting positions it could take a while to gel as one team. I have not seen their schedule, but I would imagine Coach C will play them against the best he can find in having them ready for post season play. They have the Coach, with the patience they need, he will have them ready one way or another.

Putting together a starting lineup that can not only beat but dominate the second team will be hard to find. Should be some good competitive practices going on at GW. I remember Memphis, Kentucky and UNC running two groups. Time will tell and as soon as I see them play I can form a better opinion...but I would not count them out before the season begins.

I know everyone said he was out coached at state and they lost, could not be further from the truth, those girls had their worst game shooting at the wrong time, if one or two of those shoots had found the basket it is a different story……he couldn’t shoot for them. they had chance after chance to win, that was all he could provide, and he gave them that opportunity.

I DON'T THINK HE DID MUCH COACHING IN THE STATE GAME. IT SEEMED HE WAS MORE OF SPECTATOR THAN A COACH.

Reactions: fightingblues
the west

the east

GW

THANK YOU. FINALLY THE TRUTH IS SPOKE!

Everything you speak is FACT. Your a FACT machine. Listen up imposters it will take a few weeks maybe a month but this GW girls group will be together when it counts. GW girls and boys never rebuild we reload. Count to 3. 1 2 3 FACT!!

I have no issues with your assessment of PM ranked at 1. I posted a thread last month and when I did I was misinformed. As it sits today they should be on top until proven other wise. However I do feel GALAX girls are ranked severely low on this list.

I believe GALAX is not only within the top few west teams but also the top few overall teams. Apparently Surry from the EAST is returning everyone and should be ranked high. I feel our GALAX girls are in the overall mix for the state.

WEST GIRLS

1. PM
2. GALAX
3. EASTSIDE
4. Honaker
5. Chilhowie
6. BLAND
7. Narrows
8. Rural Retreat
9. JI Burton
10. Northwood

Honorable mention LaVar balls 40 and over parent team.

Any list without a GW girls team in top 10 is complete rubbish. Trash list. Jealous cause GW has put the smack down on you and yours.
GW SMACK DOWN TIME. FACT!!

Count to 3. 1 2 3 FACT!!!

He ranked GW # 8. That is being gracious. FACT

Check again bluesfighting

List reads

1. PM LUCKY FACT
2. GALAX. CANT BEAT GW
3. EASTSIDE.
4 honaker
5 chilhowie
6 bland
7 narrows
8 RR.
9 BURTON
10 NORTWOOD

GWMOM fact o meter is a 10 out of 10.
Count to 3. 1 2 3 FACT!

look here's the final word. GALAX can't beat GW

FACT O FACT!

List reads

1. PM LUCKY FACT
2. GALAX. CANT BEAT GW
3. EASTSIDE.
4 honaker
5 chilhowie
6 bland
7 narrows
8 RR.
9 BURTON
10 NORTWOOD

GWMOM fact o meter is a 10 out of 10.
Count to 3. 1 2 3 FACT!

Original post last Wednesday @ 11pm.

1.Parry McCluer
2.Honaker
3.Narrows

4.Rural Retreat
5.Eastside
6.Galax
7.Chilhowie
8.George Wythe
9.JI Burton
10.Rye Cov

look here's the final word. GALAX can beat GW

FACT O FACT!

Just know that when our girls look down at their hands they see a state championship ring, as to where GW girls do not! FACT!!! Happy Holidays

List reads

1. PM LUCKY FACT
2. GALAX. CANT BEAT GW
3. EASTSIDE.
4 honaker
5 chilhowie
6 bland
7 narrows
8 RR.
9 BURTON
10 NORTWOOD