7 narrows
8 RR.
9 BURTON
10 NORTWOOD

GWMOM fact o meter is a 10 out of 10.
Count to 3. 1 2 3 FACT!

look here's the final word. GALAX can't beat GW

FACT O FACT!

Have you gone mad? I've enjoyed your ignorance and crazy attitude, but I think eventually I may grow tired of it. I'm trying to keep things professional But I must say your insane to suggest that GW is going to be the team to beat. Maybe these GW young ladies play big all year but quite frankly most if not all expect a rebuilding year.

I would normally not fall for petty jabs but I'll take the bait. So in response to you let me say this there's NO way GW beats Galax this year. It's been a great off season around here.

I realize this is the wrong thread and forum but I must say roll tide beat the wave!!!! You can do this.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Have a peaceful time with family and friends.

Even you Mr LaVar.

Boys 1A pre-season top ten west

1.Covington
2.Eastside
3.Chilhowie
4.George Wythe
5.JI Burton
6.Honaker
7.Parry McCluer
8.Northwood
9.Twin Valley
10.Auburn

Girls1A pre-season top ten west

1.Parry McCluer
2.Honaker
3.Narrows

4.Rural Retreat
5.Eastside
6.Galax

7.Chilhowie
8.George Wythe
9.JI Burton
10.Rye Cove

1.Parry McClure
2.Honaker
3.Eastside
4.Galax
5.Narrows
6.Patrick Henry
7.Chilhowie
8.Rural Retreat
9.Grundy
10.Holston

Very true! I can't see GW girls being more than .500 team at best.

You can't ball if you don't believe. Talk to me towards the end. We don't start we finish. We have athletes that after they learn the game will ball up like never before. Talk to me in February.

1.Parry McClure
2.Honaker
3.Eastside
4.Galax
5.Narrows
6.Patrick Henry
7.Chilhowie
8.Rural Retreat
9.Grundy
10.Holston

Come on man. GW may start slow as young teams do. But come on man another list without GW in the top 10? Haters gonna hate a great program, you can believe that.

Holston ? RR ? Come on man ? Who's Grundy?
Come on man.

Come on man. GW may start slow as young teams do. But come on man another list without GW in the top 10? Haters gonna hate a great program, you can believe that.

Holston ? RR ? Come on man ? Who's Grundy?
Come on man.

GW has a lot of young players with a lot of potential. Although, tons of potential alone does not make you a top ten team in my book. By their 4th or 5th game they could develop into a top 5 team or it could be next year before it happens. I am not a hater. Just calling it the way I see it.

GW has a lot of young players with a lot of potential. Although, tons of potential alone does not make you a top ten team in my book. By their 4th or 5th game they could develop into a top 5 team or it could be next year before it happens. I am not a hater. Just calling it the way I see it.

Ok boss fair enough. So many haters on this site it's hard to tell the difference. I hope teams sleep on us. Forget all about us and it will be mistake 1.
That's all these young guns need is a little time and 1 mistake. Before you can see it BANG POP SNACK CRACK GW PUTS YOU ON YOUR BACK.

count to 3. 1 2 3 FACT!!!!

Heard the last scrimmages they played, against G-Women and Union the returning players were holding those young guns back, when they all got to play together they looked good.
Plus they don't have anyone that can play under the basket, but I will see in Radford on the 4th.

Last edited:
Heard the last scrimmages they played, against G-Women and Union the returning players were holding those young guns back, when they all got to play together they looked good.
Plus they don't have anyone that can play under the basket, but I will see in Radford on the 4th.

FACT!!!!!!

Ok boss fair enough. So many haters on this site it's hard to tell the difference. I hope teams sleep on us. Forget all about us and it will be mistake 1.
That's all these young guns need is a little time and 1 mistake. Before you can see it BANG POP SNACK CRACK GW PUTS YOU ON YOUR BACK.

count to 3. 1 2 3 FACT!!!!

Deranged FACT!

Haters ?

Please act normal and remove yourself from character. You get on the site and go on and on about haters and facts as your mad at the disrespect GW girls are getting. No one except for you has them as a big factor this year. To your own admission it will be a month or so before they figure things out. Apparently you have some "quote"
--YOUNG GUNS --
Well that's great. Maybe their time will come maybe it won't but other than you no one else thinks that time is now. You know what, now that I think about it maybe you're a genius after all. Yes yes that's it your a genius. Everyone please gather around we have a very special person among us. I give you ALBERT LAVAR GWMOM EINSTEIN.
You have managed to take two seperate threads and have us talk about a team that no one thinks is top 10 but yet we keep talking about them.

We even have a nickname for them YOUNG GUNS.
What is happening here. As far as I'm concerned the season can't start soon enough. As I've stated before the GALAX GIRLS had a tremendous off season. They will be ready for GW Girls. Mr LaVar Einstein I sure hope your there to watch.

Good luck GALAX BOYS. Huge win over a very good narrows team last week. " Football related "
I know I know wrong thread, I'm trying to create as much good karma as possible.

On a new subject like the GW boys. They looked real good against Blacksburg last Friday. I know Blacksburg was missing some key player due to football but still looked good for first scrimmage. Excited to get this all started. I know Eastside returns a lot and will be tough. Remember the GW Covington game last year the coaches son got in foul trouble early which I think helped GW edge over them. Should be an interest year for sure with no Radford in the picture

On a new subject like the GW boys. They looked real good against Blacksburg last Friday. I know Blacksburg was missing some key player due to football but still looked good for first scrimmage. Excited to get this all started. I know Eastside returns a lot and will be tough. Remember the GW Covington game last year the coaches son got in foul trouble early which I think helped GW edge over them. Should be an interest year for sure with no Radford in the picture
What did GW boys lose from last year' team.?

What did GW boys lose from last year' team.?
Big losses will be the PG who is starting at Concord now. Young team with with a sophomore PG now who saw some minutes last year on the varsity level. Atwood, Martin, Reeves and Mabe all return and look to supply some leadership to the team.

west will be a tuff road this year in boys and girls. Covington and eastside will be the frontrunners . if gw can develop their pg and some depth they could be in the mix . watch out for hot shooting honaker and the defensive minded pm. girls is pm to lose and how they handle the pressure to repeat .with galax and how the youth in Wytheville develops. it all starts today

Agreed! Def going to be a tough road. GW got the better of Convington and Eastside last year so I know they will be coming for revenge. I def agree if they can get the PG developed they will be able to compete again this year. Honaker always has something sneaky up their sleeve to make things interesting. I may be biased as i've seen the GW girls on varsity now but I think once they get a few games behind them they will be able to handle themselves. The PM girls are nothing to mess with tho. I saw that first hand twice last year they can play. Time will tell! Excited to see how it all turns out!

west will be a tuff road this year in boys and girls. Covington and eastside will be the frontrunners . if gw can develop their pg and some depth they could be in the mix . watch out for hot shooting honaker and the defensive minded pm. girls is pm to lose and how they handle the pressure to repeat .with galax and how the youth in Wytheville develops. it all starts today

Nice post I agree with your assessment of the girls division. GALAX girls had a tremendous start to the season with a lopsided win vs Eastern Montgermy. My job won't allow me to make many away games but I was told we looked really good.

I apologize to the GW faithful here for being harsh against what seems to be a strong young team of GW LADIES. One of your faithful fans has been so unrealistic that it disturbs me. Good luck to everyone I truly feel this will be a much tighter finish than most expect. I really like our chances.

Is there a place that actually ranks the teams other then what we think on this thread ?

I wonder if the timesland has a preseason ranking?

Players to watch this year;

Peyton Mohler-Parry McCluer-Jr.
Madison Dunlap-Parry McCluer-Jr.
Hannah Craft-Parry McCluer-Sr.
LeeAnna McNulty-Honaker-Fr.
Jasmyn Pierce-Surry-Jr.
BreCha Byrd-Surry-So.
Ellie Armistead-Mathews-So.
Jada Boyd-AGRS-Jr.
Gracie Mullins-J.I. Burton-Sr.
Essence Brown-Galax-Jr.
Shea Foxx-Galax-So.
Hannah Wyrick-Eastside-Sr.
Maggie Guynn Narrows-Sr.
Young Guns-George Wythe-Fr.

Luke Lawson-Eastside-Sr.
Calvin Henderson-Lancaster-Sr.
Martez Davis-Lancaster-Sr.
Jawuan Bell-Northampton-Jr.
Sheldon Payne-Northampton-Sr.
Noah Atwood-George Wythe-Sr
Jake Martin- George Wythe- Sr.
L.J. Watson-Central-Lunenburg-Sr
Drelyn Ford-Franklin-Sr.
Deuntae Jefferson-Franklin-Sr.
Braeson Fulton- Riverheads-So.
KJ Moore-Covington-Sr.

Last edited:

Jasmyn Pierce-Surry-Jr.
BreCha Byrd-Surry-So.
Jada Boyd-AGRS-Jr.
Essence Brown-Galax-Jr.
Shea Foxx-Galax-So.
Maggie Guynn Narrows-Sr.
Alexia Wilson-Colonial Beach-Jr.

Luke Lawson-Eastside-Sr.
Stuart Anderson-Mathews-Sr.
Drelyn Ford-Franklin-Sr.
KJ Moore-Covington-Sr.
You can add Madison Dunlap from PM to the list as well.

Jasmyn Pierce-Surry-Jr.
BreCha Byrd-Surry-So.
Jada Boyd-AGRS-Jr.
Essence Brown-Galax-Jr.
Shea Foxx-Galax-So.
Maggie Guynn Narrows-Sr.

Luke Lawson-Eastside-Sr.
Drelyn Ford-Franklin-Sr.
KJ Moore-Covington-Sr.

I would say you can Add LeeAnna McNulty-Honaker-Fr. to your list.

LeeAnna McNulty-Honaker-Fr.
Jasmyn Pierce-Surry-Jr.
BreCha Byrd-Surry-So.
Jada Boyd-AGRS-Jr.
Essence Brown-Galax-Jr.
Shea Foxx-Galax-So.
Maggie Guynn Narrows-Sr.

Luke Lawson-Eastside-Sr.
Drelyn Ford-Franklin-Sr.
KJ Moore-Covington-Sr.

I think Jake Martin- George Wythe- Sr. will be making a spark this year as well. He was the one with the hot hand in the state championship last year and the Blacksburg scrimmage

Agree with the martin kid . also saw fiscus put up 36 in the season opener and the waters kid from bland is a good ballplayer that made all region last year . going to be a great season , hope all stay healthy and the weather cooperates

Agree with the martin kid . also saw fiscus put up 36 in the season opener and the waters kid from bland is a good ballplayer that made all region last year . going to be a great season , hope all stay healthy and the weather cooperates
Very true the Fiscus kid can play. I think the Waters kid is the one you're thinking of from Bland. Agreed!!

Sorry guys not much to say if we are discussing boys now. It's been a few tough years for the Maroon Tide boys. I'm hoping that starts to change a little

Football is making up for it and now the girls basketball but boys basketball needs some work.

I believe that it is very difficult for small schools to compete in several different sports. IMO since the vhsl has allowed sports to practice year round it has hurt the smaller schools . Kids now are focusing on one sport instead of playing multiple sports . Not sure if that is the issue at galax . I believe he helps out with the basketball program as well but would be interested how many of his football players play basketball.

Wow. Then that would make Honaker the team to beat. Count 123 fact.

Well there you gooooooo. Your funny but not talented FACT!

I'm trying to keep to myself and let the young guns do the talking. But y'all common bench warmers keep posing as talent and think you know what's up. The young guns are fact. Please please stop comparing pretenders to the up and coming young guns.

Talk to me in mid January.

Count to 3. Never mind pretenders

Well there you gooooooo. Your funny but not talented FACT!

I'm trying to keep to myself and let the young guns do the talking. But y'all common bench warmers keep posing as talent and think you know what's up. The young guns are fact. Please please stop comparing pretenders to the up and coming young guns.

Talk to me in mid January.

Count to 3. Never mind pretenders
So easily provoked. By the way PM is no pretender. They are the current champs until someone takes it from them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT