ADVERTISEMENT

2K4's 1A West Pre-Season Top Ten Boys & Girls Basketball

GIRLS UPDATED RANKINGS SOUTHWEST STYLE

1. PM. ( only because your defending )
2. Galax ( I personally feel we are off to the best start )
3. Narrows ( the best player in 1A )
4 Eastside
5 honaker
6 bland
7 Patrick Henry
8 Ji burton
9 rural retreat
10 chilhowie

GIRLS UPDATED RANKINGS SOUTHWEST STYLE

1. PM. ( only because your defending )
2. Galax ( I personally feel we are off to the best start )
3. Narrows ( the best player in 1A )
4 Eastside
5 honaker
6 bland
7 Patrick Henry4
8 Ji burton
9 rural retreat
10 chilhowie

From what I’ve seen so far this year.

1. PM “not crowned the champ yet”
2. Eastside “looked impressive Sat night”
3. Galax “just going by scores”
4. Honaker “very young”
5. Patrick Henry
The rest is to close for me to call at this point!!

From what I’ve seen so far this year.

1. PM “not crowned the champ yet”
2. Eastside “looked impressive Sat night”
3. Galax “just going by scores”
4. Honaker “very young”
5. Patrick Henry
The rest is to close for me to call at this point!!

Narrows isn't on your radar ? Aren't they returning a few along with the big time scoring threat. I'm told she can be unstoppable?

You should put Galax on your schedule. These girls are impressive. They've worked out like you wouldn't believe this off season and actually continue to work. Most if not all are coming in each morning before school for work outs. The only thing keeping me from having them number 1 is respect for a PM team that is returning.

Narrows isn't on your radar ? Aren't they returning a few along with the big time scoring threat. I'm told she can be unstoppable?

You should put Galax on your schedule. These girls are impressive. They've worked out like you wouldn't believe this off season and actually continue to work. Most if not all are coming in each morning before school for work outs. The only thing keeping me from having them number 1 is respect for a PM team that is returning.

I’ve watched the Narrows girl play 7 or 8 times over the last year or so. One maybe 2 games she was unstoppable or on fire. She is definitely a very good player.

I’ve watched the 2 galax girls play this summer because Galax is on my radar. Ive not seen either team since the start of the season.

I don’t think this top ten stuff is the way to go at it. Only 2 teams will make it out of region C and only 2 teams will make it out of region D.
And only one team out of those 4 can play for a state championship. If my understanding of the new setup is correct.

So my question is: does Narrows or Bland have a shot of knocking PM or Galax out of it?

I’ve watched the Narrows girl play 7 or 8 times over the last year or so. One maybe 2 games she was unstoppable or on fire. She is definitely a very good player.

I’ve watched the 2 galax girls play this summer because Galax is on my radar. Ive not seen either team since the start of the season.

I don’t think this top ten stuff is the way to go at it. Only 2 teams will make it out of region C and only 2 teams will make it out of region D.
And only one team out of those 4 can play for a state championship. If my understanding of the new setup is correct.

So my question is: does Narrows or Bland have a shot of knocking PM or Galax out of it?

This makes since. So with your thought process Galax and PM are front runners in C with Eastside and honaker maybe pactrik Henry in D ?

I can live with that. To answer your question
No I don't see bland knocking off GALAX or PM. Narrows does scare me. You've seen more of them than me. I've watched them Once and the girl was really good.

Players to watch this year;

Peyton Mohler-Parry McCluer-Jr.
Madison Dunlap-Parry McCluer-Jr.
Hannah Craft-Parry McCluer-Sr.
LeeAnna McNulty-Honaker-Fr.
Jasmyn Pierce-Surry-Jr.
BreCha Byrd-Surry-So.
Ellie Armistead-Mathews-So.
Jada Boyd-AGRS-Jr.
Gracie Mullins-J.I. Burton-Sr.
Essence Brown-Galax-Jr.
Shea Foxx-Galax-So.
Hannah Wyrick-Eastside-Sr.
Maggie Guynn Narrows-Sr.
Alexia Wilson-Colonial Beach-Jr.
Young Guns-George Wythe-Fr.

Luke Lawson-Eastside-Sr.
Calvin Henderson-Lancaster-Sr.
Martez Davis-Lancaster-Sr.
Jawuan Bell-Northampton-Jr.
Sheldon Payne-Northampton-Sr.
Stuart Anderson-Mathews-Sr.
Noah Atwood-George Wythe-Sr
Jake Martin- George Wythe- Sr.
L.J. Watson-Central-Lunenburg-Sr
Drelyn Ford-Franklin-Sr.
Deuntae Jefferson-Franklin-Sr.
Braeson Fulton- Riverheads-So.
KJ Moore-Covington-Sr.

I can tell you Alexia Wilson graduated and Colonial Beach is not what they've been the past 4-5 years. No wins so far this year.
Also, on the boys' side Stuart Anderson graduated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT