ADVERTISEMENT

6 state champions. Who cares?

YeahRightLOL

VaPreps Varsity
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2010
Southfield, Michigan
www.clubcorp.com
I think the expansion from 3 divisions to 6 divisions was just self-serving for the high school coaches. They want to think that the reason their own team isn't doing better is because of the number of students enrolled in their school.

Fine. But what value does a state championship have when their are 6 of them? It's thinking like this that drives the best players to private schools:

If the state's best boy's high school basketball players aren't already playing for private schools, you can be sure that they will be going there soon. And football players are starting to do the same thing (Bishop Sullivan in Virginia, IMG Academy in Florida). :)

Last edited:
Depends on which message board you look at - the 1A and 2A have a lot of activity, especially during football/basketball seasons.

Good growd at the 6A North tournament, as usual. Message boards have been dead for a while.

Yeah, I think the moderators got power-happy and started killing and ruining these boards at least a few years ago. Now they're all but dead, except for a few small schools in Nowheresville. Zero talk among the largest classifications, even throughout the playoffs. Whata shame.

That's too bad - I try to keep up with all classifications, especially around football (scoreboard) and basketball (most message boards).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT