ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop Sullivan relieves entire staff to make room for OL Coach Scott

Aug 22, 2012
According to sources close to Bishop Sullivan, the entire football staff was notified over the holidays that the program was headed in a different direction and their services were no longer needed. As stated before, the next move will be the announcement of Ocean Lakes Coach Scott being named as the replacement, followed by the transfer of OL talented stars: Laborn, Crosby, Land, Scott, Low, Desue, Capehart, etc.

All those kids are going with him? Has anything like this ever happened before? Now that he's at a private school, it is perfectly legal for him to recruit the kids and for them to go with him right? What other schools are going to be in this "super league?" I'm guessing it's going to be VA's version of the WCAC. Might do a number on VA Beach public school football. Still will have talent but Scott's history and ability to get guys to major colleges will intrigue plenty of future players and their parents.

From what we are hearing he is going to bring over between 12 - 18 kids from his current Ocean Lakes team. As of today Bishop Sullivan has pulled out of the TCIS (at least for football) and will be involved in forming a similar WCAC with the Catholic Schools in Northern Virginia and I think Benedictine will eventually join on . So the 5th year senior TCIS rule doesn't apply anymore and they can recruit from anywhere in the state but I am sure it will be focused in the 757 area code for now. Watch out Oscar Smith......Looks like Bishop Sullivan bought themselves a couple years of DIV 2 State Championships (but I think they decided to move up to Division 1, so Division 1 State Championships) until they decide not to compete for Private School Championships anymore and move on to National Championships.

Check out the audio interview in the preps and private section. He tells his reasons for the move and his future plans. The best part is he straight up lies about any O.L. players who might be coming over with him. He states his son is the only one he knows of, but expects Bishop Sullivan to move up to D1 and be one of the better teams. He is a trip!

First, there seems to be a lot of rumors and theories.... for clarification. Word came out 2 months ago that TCIS teams were not going to be playing each other so I'm not sure if they are leaving or the TCIS just hadn't made that news public. Second, recruiting, just like in public school, is not allowed. Everyone thinks it is but it's not, see VISAA's rule on inducement... but none of that happens in public or private schools anyway.... C, Word is that the new divisional alignment was putting Catholic High in D-1 anyway.

From what we are hearing he is going to bring over between 12 - 18 kids from his current Ocean Lakes team. As of today Bishop Sullivan has pulled out of the TCIS (at least for football) and will be involved in forming a similar WCAC with the Catholic Schools in Northern Virginia and I think Benedictine will eventually join on . So the 5th year senior TCIS rule doesn't apply anymore and they can recruit from anywhere in the state but I am sure it will be focused in the 757 area code for now. Watch out Oscar Smith......Looks like Bishop Sullivan bought themselves a couple years of DIV 2 State Championships (but I think they decided to move up to Division 1, so Division 1 State Championships) until they decide not to compete for Private School Championships anymore and move on to National Championships.

OL is a big school so they'll still be competitive but certainly won't be winning any state titles anytime soon.

I always thought LCA would be the first VA private school to step up and become a national powerhouse program based on their resources and national appeal of Liberty University. Low and behold, they wanted to join the VHSL instead. This super league will end up hurting VA public school ball IMO. At least the bigger schools around NoVa, Richmond, Tidewater whose stars will be getting recruited. On the student/player side of things it'll be great to have a league like this. Will likely lead to more national exposure and nationally televised games featuring handfuls of BCS prospects. As much as I'd like to see a 757 all star team join the ranks of St Thomas Aquinas, Bishop Gorman and Dematha as national powerhouse, it would really hurt the public schools in the area from being able to win state championships.

Crackaz, why do you think the TCIS schools did away with the conference football...... they knew what was going to happen at Bishop Sullivan and the recruitment that was going to take place . TCIS schools will more than likely still keep each other on the schedule, other than BSCH, but play as independants.

First, there seems to be a lot of rumors and theories.... for clarification. Word came out 2 months ago that TCIS teams were not going to be playing each other so I'm not sure if they are leaving or the TCIS just hadn't made that news public. Second, recruiting, just like in public school, is not allowed. Everyone thinks it is but it's not, see VISAA's rule on inducement... but none of that happens in public or private schools anyway.... C, Word is that the new divisional alignment was putting Catholic High in D-1 anyway.

Yeah right, they frown on recruiting. I don't blame them (that's why they're private) but don't act like they don't recruit.

Just spoke to a kid thats moving up to varsity level at Ocean Lakes from my gym and he told me that Scott whole staff has left for Bishop Suliivon and that coach Rainey the D Line coach and coach who took over while Scott was suspended is the only coach staying. So far only 2 kids confirmed they left Laborn and Land.

There are so many (public school) kids shadowing at BSC that it is difficult to keep track. Kids from Bayside, Ocean Lakes, etc and wouldn't be surprised in the future that Oscar Smith kids start showing up. Should know by the end of the school year how stacked this team will be....

Every school in the country should refuse to play any school that guy coaches at. Recruiting has no place in high school football.

That guy should be banned from coaching at any level.
Why? Because he can coach. Recruiting? Do you even know what recruiting means? To recruit you have to offer something, a free education? a better education? or maybe a house or even a car. So Coach recruited the kids and the kids talked the parents into moving the whole family to play at OL. Because it is so easy to just break a lease or sale a home and move. I have been coaching in this area for 20 years from Deep Creek to Atlantic Shores to PA and OL. Your recruiting has been going on forever. Nobody cried when Ricky K left Atlantic Shores to play Football at Salem then went back Shores to play Basketball and grad with his class. Name a Big time player to transfer into OL. Laborn? He didn't even start at Cox last year and played slot back. Taylor? got there as a 9th grader and didn't start on the JV. Name some since you know so much about coach Scott. Also some (most of you) use a moniker to talk about Scott be a man use your name since you feel so strong about him and what he does. You get sit back judge him, degrade him and hide behind a fake name. I liked the one guy who stated "What a great guy to have lead and teach kids when he cant even follow the rules". You are doing a great job yourself with your fake name up here.
What you and most of these other football rules judges and moral police need to ask yourself, what is wrong with the programs the kids are leaving. It must be the new car or house that Scott gave them or maybe its the easy classes at OL. I mean they do rank in the top 50 in the state so they must be cheating at that too. Or maybe its all the OL kids in trouble with the law (cant remember any) OH! I know what it might be.. Great education, great environment, great chance to go to College. Shame on those kids and their parents... Oh lets not forget about the Great leadership from VBPS might be the biggest collection of clowns in any one at the same time right now in the world.
Well, now all of you guys get to watch Coach Scott work with a good Administration behind him. Just think one day a kid being looked at by a big school at Sullivan just might help a kid from another school get a look because the coach is in the area. Damn that Chris Scott!

Why? Because he can coach. Recruiting? Do you even know what recruiting means? To recruit you have to offer something, a free education? a better education? or maybe a house or even a car. So Coach recruited the kids and the kids talked the parents into moving the whole family to play at OL. Because it is so easy to just break a lease or sale a home and move. I have been coaching in this area for 20 years from Deep Creek to Atlantic Shores to PA and OL. Your recruiting has been going on forever. Nobody cried when Ricky K left Atlantic Shores to play Football at Salem then went back Shores to play Basketball and grad with his class. Name a Big time player to transfer into OL. Laborn? He didn't even start at Cox last year and played slot back. Taylor? got there as a 9th grader and didn't start on the JV. Name some since you know so much about coach Scott. Also some (most of you) use a moniker to talk about Scott be a man use your name since you feel so strong about him and what he does. You get sit back judge him, degrade him and hide behind a fake name. I liked the one guy who stated "What a great guy to have lead and teach kids when he cant even follow the rules". You are doing a great job yourself with your fake name up here.
What you and most of these other football rules judges and moral police need to ask yourself, what is wrong with the programs the kids are leaving. It must be the new car or house that Scott gave them or maybe its the easy classes at OL. I mean they do rank in the top 50 in the state so they must be cheating at that too. Or maybe its all the OL kids in trouble with the law (cant remember any) OH! I know what it might be.. Great education, great environment, great chance to go to College. Shame on those kids and their parents... Oh lets not forget about the Great leadership from VBPS might be the biggest collection of clowns in any one at the same time right now in the world.
Well, now all of you guys get to watch Coach Scott work with a good Administration behind him. Just think one day a kid being looked at by a big school at Sullivan just might help a kid from another school get a look because the coach is in the area. Damn that Chris Scott!

Sounds like a lot of excuses for cheating - someone else did it so its ok if I do it. He cheated, everyone knows it... he's gone, doing well for himself, I've forgotten about it, everyone needs to move on.

Yeah probably should but, that's not me. Cheater, no he's not. Witch hunt it was for sure. Yeah and excuses no not all. Easy to him a cheater from this board and by everybody if mean everybody on this board sorry that's not everybody. Been coaching here for a long time and what I stated was fact not excuses.

Yeah probably should but, that's not me. Cheater, no he's not. Witch hunt it was for sure. Yeah and excuses no not all. Easy to him a cheater from this board and by everybody if mean everybody on this board sorry that's not everybody. Been coaching here for a long time and what I stated was fact not excuses.
Seems to me the only real verifiable fact is how many times he has been suspended. The rest( cheater, witch hunt, excuses, etc.) is opinion or perception. Best of luck to him in his new position

Not speculation when your suspended by your own school system and they announce an investigation prior to... Walks like a duck.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT