ADVERTISEMENT

Brentsville 31 Kettle Run 13

Oct 6, 2017
Fauquier County
Congratulations to the Brentsville Tigers who showed everyone why they have made the 3a semi finals two years in a row.

KR came out quick as expected with 2 scores in the first quarter.

After the first quarter, the Brentsville Defense put the lock down on the KR offense. The cougars offense looked uncomfortable and out of sync for most of the game. You have to give big credit to the Tigers defensive line and Lbs for putting pressure and shutting down Qb/wr combo of Mulhern and Rodgers.

I have been worried about the KR secondary all year. KR has not been challenged to much with having to play lock down type coverage in a tight game. Tonight They gave up some huge plays that they couldn’t recover from.

The Brentsville running game is stronger than I anticipated. The offensive line pulls and traps welll to give some room for the running backs. The RB Orlando will take off tackle chunk plays but will break one for the end zone.

I think KR lost RB Colton Quaker for the rest of the year in this game. He is the cougars best offensive player. We will see what the news is for him this week.

Overall it seemed like a tighter game than the score showed.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
This was a shocker to me. I was surprised how close the K.R.-Millbrook game was, but this surprised me even more. Hats off to Brentsville.

Reactions: WarrentonCougar21
This was a shocker to me. I was surprised how close the K.R.-Millbrook game was, but this surprised me even more. Hats off to Brentsville.
I am not sure I was shocked or just waiting for this type of game for KR. I would say this could be a great game experience for both teams heading into the post season.

1. The Win Gives a good Brentsville squad a ton of confidence in beating a playoff team. Coach White will use the opportunity to raise the bar of confidence to keep the team moving deeper into the playoffs.

2. The loss Sets a reality check for the KR team that they have to actually play football to compete. They have had a tendency to show up and win. The Millbrook vs. KR earlier in the year seemed like they just won on showing up. Millbrook didn’t close out KR like Brentsville did last night. Coach Porterfield will use this loss as a reset to expectations for the squad.

I hope there’s a round 2 for these teams if they meet in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT