ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Young Traded

Kenneth Harris

VaPreps Varsity
Jun 22, 2022
This trade is not a surprise. The only surprise is that it did not happen last year. Like many Virginia high school football fans I have been lucky enough to see players that have gone on to do great things in the NFL. The New England Patriots are not having a good year. A Kecoughtan Warrior is being whispered to replace Bill Belichick as head coach. Who is surprised that when Belichick is asked about defensive play he still references a Lafayette Ram that played 50 years ago? 50 years. One would think that with advances made in the science of sports he would have seen a better player since the 1987 Super Bowl. I covered the DeMatha Stags for 2 seasons, including Chase Young’s last high school game. Did I think he was talented? Yes. Whenever I covered high school football my goal was to put a positive promotional spin on game reviews and individual player focused interviews. So I never offered criticism of Young before now but think it is ok to do so. There is a list of former Virginia football players better than Chase Young that only begins with Lawrence Taylor. From the Chicago Bear’s Shaun Gayle, to Norfolk’s Bruce Smith and Kam Chancellor and Ahmad Brooks of Woodbridge the list goes on. I am certain that fans from other regions can name a few. This may sound harsh but the first few games I covered with the Stags I was not aware Young was on the field. I state that in comparison to players that I saw who went on to great NFL careers that you could not help but know when they were on the field because they were the playmaker on 90-100% of the plays. The San Francisco are a 1000% better franchise than Washington. Recently Washington has been nothing short a global professional embarrassment from the sorry way they treated the late Dwayne Haskins to the former owner using the cheerleaders like hot garbage. Chase has a grand opportunity. I hope that Chase goes on to surpass the careers of Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, Jerry Rice, Charles Haley, Charles Haley, Deion Sanders, Merlon Hanks and Ahmad Brooks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT