ADVERTISEMENT

Chatham V appomattox

colonel 72

VaPreps Rookie
Aug 30, 2010
Big matchup in Dogwood baseball on Wednesday. Chatham travels to Appomattox for a 5:30 game. Hope both teams pitch their aces.

One more thing. Gas crisis could affect games this week. There is conversation going on now.
Chatham wins 10-4. I was told Lancaster may be Chathams number one and Arnold may be number 2. One thing for sure is Chatham coach, Chad Anderson, can flat out coach a baseball team. Chatham, Dan River and Tunstall all have great baseball coaches and programs and have for years.

Chatham wins 10-4. I was told Lancaster may be Chathams number one and Arnold may be number 2. One thing for sure is Chatham coach, Chad Anderson, can flat out coach a baseball team. Chatham, Dan River and Tunstall all have great baseball coaches and programs and have for years.
Arnold and Lancaster are both good players and great kids from great families, from what I've heard. Chad Anderson has done a good job developing talent. I think all these kids grew up in the Chatham zone and were always Chatham kids, not kids "moving" to Chatham to play for Chad. Those two seniors plus the kids committed to Liberty and Virginia Tech, along with some other kids who are coming along. Pretty good mix of talent at different ages, unlike Chad's two state championship teams that were senior heavy, having 6+ core senior players.

Reactions: colonel 72
Arnold and Lancaster are both good players and great kids from great families, from what I've heard. Chad Anderson has done a good job developing talent. I think all these kids grew up in the Chatham zone and were always Chatham kids, not kids "moving" to Chatham to play for Chad. Those two seniors plus the kids committed to Liberty and Virginia Tech, along with some other kids who are coming along. Pretty good mix of talent at different ages, unlike Chad's two state championship teams that were senior heavy, having 6+ core senior players.
Thats what I've heard also. Dan River is also young. Not sure about Tunstall this year.

In 2D, Lebanon looks to be the clear favorite. Buchanan the senior returns for his last shot at a state title. He's one of the 2-3 best pitchers in 2A and I'm sure they wanna add a state title before he graduates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT