Class 6 Championship

Who and why?

• Highland Springs

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Freedom

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ask and ye' shall receive... 2017 would be the last time Hermitage and Varina got beat by the same team in the same year. The team? Hermitage...

Panthers beat Highland Springs 14-9 in their season opener but the Springers avenged that loss in the region finals 24-14.

The Panthers beat Varina 42-21 in the regular season and then bounced them from the playoffs by a score of 21-7.

That 2017 season would be Kane's last season at the helm of the Panthers.

Freedom is for real, cannot deny that. They will be a player in the region as long as Coach Daryl Overton is there.
Do you have the all time passing touchdowns, total TD’s and passing yards leaders in the state? Want to see how many Tristan holds

Reactions: springer76
Who knows what the future holds but in my opinion there is not one QB in the state that jumps off the screen. A lot of solid QBs that are surrounded by talent but none that scream elite. Also can we stop bashing Freedoms QB. The dude did everything that was asked of him and won 2 chips in a row. Does not make the accomplishment less because he didn't get any offers. Let it go.

ZERO OFFERS! Not even a D3. Anyone would have his numbers with THAT SYSTEM! Most GOOD QBs would have far more and possibly NATIONAL numbers. JS
Why do you keep saying that. He has 4 or 5 offers, maybe not from the schools his stats align with but he has d2 and d3 offers. And be clear, the kid is smart and mature about his future… football ain’t his only desired path.

Is Freedom able to continue the flow of all-star talent to their school and team? I figured this is a short stay for these coaches with the kids they brought with them, but I am not very plugged-in to their situation.
We been here for 9 years buddy…. This success was not microwaved. These kids were 7 and 8 when we got here.

I’m glad more NoVA posters are on. Freedom can definitely walk that walk and talk that talk. I’m not mad at it.

Reactions: CavsGrad
Why do you keep saying that. He has 4 or 5 offers, maybe not from the schools his stats align with but he has d2 and d3 offers. And be clear, the kid is smart and mature about his future… football ain’t his only desired path.
And offers have nothing to do with high school stats. The most prolific passer to ever take a snap in VA is him. Period

• Haha
Reactions: HooSprings
And offers have nothing to do with high school stats. The most prolific passer to ever take a snap in VA is him. Period
Umm I’m his coach, I don’t disagree lol…. I was responding to the person that kept talking about his lack of offers.

He’s gone as far as his talent will take him. Good luck to him

Last edited:
Umm I’m his coach, I don’t disagree lol…. I was responding to the person that kept talking about his lack of offers.
Fairmont state is his best offer! Any quarterback would succeed in that system. The Highland Springs quarterback would be in the national record books with that system. You can tell the kids hands were too small the way he was pushing the ball. He fit this system and thrived, but he doesn’t fit a college system, and that’s why he doesn’t have any real offers. There’s nothing in the world with being a good high school quarterback, but let’s not take it too far. He wasn’t even in the ball game a couple of drives when Highland Springs got close. I wish him luck in the future, but education is definitely his biggest future. Congrats on the championship! Well deserved!

Fairmont state is his best offer! Any quarterback would succeed in that system. The Highland Springs quarterback would be in the national record books with that system. You can tell the kids hands were too small the way he was pushing the ball. He fit this system and thrived, but he doesn’t fit a college system, and that’s why he doesn’t have any real offers. There’s nothing in the world with being a good high school quarterback, but let’s not take it too far. He wasn’t even in the ball game a couple of drives when Highland Springs got close. I wish him luck in the future, but education is definitely his biggest future. Congrats on the championship! Well deserved!
images

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT