Class 6 Championship

Who and why?

• Highland Springs

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Freedom

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Freedom doing bad things to the Springers. Got them in the woodshed right now.

Springers will not go down easily. Defense is holding up better now. Can’t give up one here

406517981_10232056633184787_5286228434522196206_n.jpg

I think Hoosprings and others said it. Depth of HS vs the big strike capability of Freedom. Great teams going at it.

Reactions: HooSprings
That didn’t age well…
Blow out? Had it not been for the 2 dropped TD passes, HS could have won this one! 42-34 is not a blow out! Job well done for the Eagles! You guys hand an amazing 2 year with back to back titles! Congratulations. Springers had their work cut out for them and looked rough in the first half. 2nd half Freedom was getting gassed (as expected) as HS mounted a strong comeback! It looked like HS was going to right the ship but Freedom got the job done ending the 4th qtr! Congrats to both teams for an amazing season with a great ending! What a game!

Blow out? Had it not been for the 2 dropped TD passes, HS could have won this one! 42-34 is not a blow out! Job well done for the Eagles! You guys hand an amazing 2 year with back to back titles! Congratulations. Springers had their work cut out for them and looked rough in the first half. 2nd half Freedom was getting gassed (as expected) as HS mounted a strong comeback! It looked like HS was going to right the ship but Freedom got the job done ending the 4th qtr! Congrats to both teams for an amazing season with a great ending! What a game!
That’s what I meant… the other poster said everybody in PWC “knew” it would be a blowout when the early score was posted. My post indicated that he should have maybe waited on that?

Reactions: springer76
Anyone have the stats from this one? Just want to see what the most prolific passer in state history did to close out his career with B2B rings 😉

We could argue a lot of what ifs in favor of both teams. HSHS turned it around and made it a game, and Freedom overcame a lot of penalties and scored when they needed to. Great game.

That’s what I meant… the other poster said everybody in PWC “knew” it would be a blowout when the early score was posted. My post indicated that he should have maybe waited on that?
Gotcha! All's well, HS had a great season, today Freedom was the better team. HS gave them a game that they will feel for a good while! It was a tough fight! Congrats to the Eagles on 2 back-to-back undefeated seasons and broke a ton of records along the was! I'm just happy we were able to give them a scare in the 4th qtr!

More excuses than touchdowns. Typical from Highland Springs.

• Haha
Reactions: Bcope83
Freedom handed Highland Springs two of their touchdowns on a silver platter. This game was never in doubt. If anything, Freedom took them for granted, especially going for it on several 4th downs.

The state of high school football in Virginia starts and stops in Woodbridge!

Anyone have the stats from this one? Just want to see what the most prolific passer in state history did to close out his career with B2B rings 😉
His numbers were embarrassing, and I see why he has no offers. His release honestly reminds me of a rec league passer. He put up those numbers because of the great talent around him not because his ability as a passer. He’s Trent Dilfer!

Freedom handed Highland Springs two of their touchdowns on a silver platter. This game was never in doubt. If anything, Freedom took them for granted, especially going for it on several 4th downs.

The state of high school football in Virginia starts and stops in Woodbridge!
You’re not even invited to the table yet with only two titles! 🤫🤫🤫 you don’t even have half as many as Highland Springs! 🤣🤣🤣 2 titles and “Va starts & stops” with you?! Lmao! Gtfoh With that garbage! You have the same amount of titles as Maury’s! Phoebus WON NUMBER 10 yesterday!!! Omg stfu!!!!

6 Rings! Stfu clown!
I just hope HSHS & Freedom can keep this brand new rivalry going! Maybe we can meet in the regular season and of course to play each other again for the State Tilte!!!
HSHS now has a solid history of being a winner. Freedom has a really good start at history! HS being a very young team and loaded with young talent with the influx of a super talented undefeated JV team and Freedom, Senior heavy. it will be interesting to see where the chips fall next year!

I just hope HSHS & Freedom can keep this brand new rivalry going! Maybe we can meet in the regular season and of course to play each other again for the State Tilte!!!
HSHS now has a solid history of being a winner. Freedom has a really good start at history! HS being a very young team and loaded with young talent with the influx of a super talented undefeated JV team and Freedom, Senior heavy. it will be interesting to see where the chips fall next year!
According to the broadcast, Freedom returns most of their talent. We could see a rematch, but don't count out Oscar Smith...I think they were very young.

Is Freedom able to continue the flow of all-star talent to their school and team? I figured this is a short stay for these coaches with the kids they brought with them, but I am not very plugged-in to their situation.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
The most impressive part of the game to me is how Freedom dominated the lines for most of the game. I know HSHS went down early, but the running game was completely shut down and Freedom ran for over 400 yards. To me that shows this is definitely not some gimmick team as many seem to believe.

Also to my east end folks we gotta shut up talking about Freedom at this point. They beat up on Varina and HSHS in the same year so just tip the cap to those guys.

Hey @CRF4Dan @BoKnowsSports when is the last time a team beat both HSHS and Varina in the same year? My gut says one of the Sam Roger's lead Hanover teams.

The most impressive part of the game to me is how Freedom dominated the lines for most of the game. I know HSHS went down early, but the running game was completely shut down and Freedom ran for over 400 yards. To me that shows this is definitely not some gimmick team as many seem to believe.

Also to my east end folks we gotta shut up talking about Freedom at this point. They beat up on Varina and HSHS in the same year so just tip the cap to those guys.

Hey @CRF4Dan @BoKnowsSports when is the last time a team beat both HSHS and Varina in the same year? My gut says one of the Sam Roger's lead Hanover teams.
Respect to the Freedom Woodbridge Eagles. I talk a lot of big talk about the 804, but to beat a loaded Highland Springs team and our very very good Blue Devils in the 804, is TOUGHH. All love here.

Back to Back rings and owns the record books. Most prolific kid to ever take a snap in this state

Ask and ye' shall receive... 2017 would be the last time Hermitage and Varina got beat by the same team in the same year. The team? Hermitage...

Panthers beat Highland Springs 14-9 in their season opener but the Springers avenged that loss in the region finals 24-14.

The Panthers beat Varina 42-21 in the regular season and then bounced them from the playoffs by a score of 21-7.

That 2017 season would be Kane's last season at the helm of the Panthers.

Freedom is for real, cannot deny that. They will be a player in the region as long as Coach Daryl Overton is there.

Back to Back rings and owns the record books. Most prolific kid to ever take a snap in this state
ZERO OFFERS! Not even a D3. Anyone would have his numbers with THAT SYSTEM! Most GOOD QBs would have far more and possibly NATIONAL numbers. JS

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Ohhh nah, yall are legit but that second statement is wild! He wasn’t even close to being the best QB on the field yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT