ADVERTISEMENT

Does NOVA use a different message board/forum??

Keith_Stone33

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2013
We are through week 1 and no posts about tonights games so far. Being that NOVA has so many more people I would have just figured they would have had much more chatter, so is there a different forum people from that area use?

We are through week 1 and no posts about tonights games so far. Being that NOVA has so many more people I would have just figured they would have had much more chatter, so is there a different forum people from that area use?

Nobody cares to talk about their teams anymore, at least on this board. I would but it gets old talking to yourself.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I will be spending some time in that area of the state this year, due to business. I was going to try to catch a couple games while up there. Who is your team or teams?

NoVA folks haven't really posted here in years. Don't know what happened to all the Stone Bridge fans that used to be here years ago, but there's a lot more to do in NoVA and everyone's always in a hurry! :D

Reactions: dtrt
When I first read your post I did not realize how right you are. There is almost no coverage/discussion of NoVa football. Only 3 game previews in the Post this morning. No discussion on the boards.

When I first read your post I did not realize how right you are. There is almost no coverage/discussion of NoVa football. Only 3 game previews in the Post this morning. No discussion on the boards.

I'm writing two fairly lengthy articles about NoVa football weekly plus will be at some games soon.

Reactions: SpartanFan93
The participation on here from NOVA fans has dropped off considerably since the new realignment. I think it generated less excitement and the feeling of manipulation is always there. Notice the Concorde district came out of the realignment untouched except in name and they successfully pushed Stone Bridge out into the old forgettable NW region. I think Phoebus being pushed down to D4 dashed a lot of excitement also from the 757 area.

Even the GamedayMag site up here doesn't get the blog participation they used to get.

I appreciate the effort Rod puts into this site. I've perused other Rivals sites and this by far the best I've seen. I do need to renew my sub so I can read more of what Rod writes.

Unfortunately, I feel like pro and college football has been made so accessible that it's eating into high school support. Colleges now playing on Friday night might get a school some short term financial gain, but in the long run they're biting the hand that feeds them. The reason football is king in the USA is that it's always been so popular on all three levels (HS, college and pro), if it starts to sink in popularity on one level, it will on the other levels eventually. I guarantee it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT