ADVERTISEMENT

Freedom vs James Madison

Who wins and why?

• Freedom

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • James Madison

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
If Freedom were to find their way to 76 points on Saturday, they would hit the 1000 point mark on the season. Normally we would laugh at suggesting 76 points in a State Final was even remotely possible….but anything is on the table with this 2022 Freedom team.

If Freedom were to find their way to 76 points on Saturday, they would hit the 1000 point mark on the season. Normally we would laugh at suggesting 76 points in a State Final was even remotely possible….but anything is on the table with this 2022 Freedom team.
I expect Freedom will win fairly easily, but Madison's offense is sound and should score a few times. Their defense is good enough to keep the score reasonable (for what we have been seeing from Freedom this year).

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
James Madison has had a successful 1st half. They have held an out of control; scoring machine to 21 and only down by 15. They must start laying the wood and stop falling for head fakes and b button juke moves. Hit. Hit. Hit. Hit hard. They can win.

I expect Freedom will win fairly easily, but Madison's offense is sound and should score a few times. Their defense is good enough to keep the score reasonable (for what we have been seeing from Freedom this year).
You are spot on with your critique. If the James Madison defense starts running straight at Freedom’s point of attack they can win. They are reaching and grabbing but occasionally they lay the wood. They must get to the ball faster and hit. But so far it is far from easy for Freedom. I want to root for the War Eagles in this one.

Jeff Overton Jr. with a breathtaking 67-yard TD run to extend the Freedom lead.
Madison trails 28-6 with under 10 minutes to go in the third period.

Mac Lewis with a 37-yard TD run followed by a successful 2-point run from Angelo Jreige brings Madison closer. Freedom lead trimmed to 28-14 with under 7 minutes to go in the third quarter.

So, can anyone answer this... How is spinning the ball on the ground like a top after a touchdown... not an unsportmanlike conduct penalty? If that happened at game in Northern Virginia 6D/6C it would have been instant yellow laundry.
It is a penalty. The referee was just too tired to even reach for the flag. Do you think it would have improved tackling? Poor tackling plagued Madison this entire game. That RB deserved to spin the ball for being able to play the game with a PlayStation game controller wire attached to his feet. He had me wanting to hit the B button. Tap tap tap tap tap.

It is a penalty. The referee was just too tired to even reach for the flag. Do you think it would have improved tackling? Poor tackling plagued Madison this entire game. That RB deserved to spin the ball for being able to play the game with a PlayStation game controller wire attached to his feet. He had me wanting to hit the B button. Tap tap tap tap tap.
Freedom was a machine all season! Awell tuned machine.

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
So, can anyone answer this... How is spinning the ball on the ground like a top after a touchdown... not an unsportmanlike conduct penalty? If that happened at game in Northern Virginia 6D/6C it would have been instant yellow laundry.
Didn't HSHS get flagged for that last year against SB? but he really didn't spin the ball at all from what I could tell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT