ADVERTISEMENT

GW Danville

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
How are we looking? Heard we’ll have the biggest offensive line we’ve had maybe ever this fall.

Don’t know that they are biggest ever. OL should return all 5 starters. Good size in a couple of places but the experience is most important part.

A couple of those guys will turn around and start in DL. Barring injuries the Eagles look strong on the box on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Don’t know that they are biggest ever. OL should return all 5 starters. Good size in a couple of places but the experience is most important part.

A couple of those guys will turn around and start on DL. Barring injuries the Eagles look strong in the box on both sides of the ball

Eli Bridges should be an early fave for Region D Offensive Player of the year if we feed him the ball.

GW should be good on OL they return All 5 OL
And the QB and Jaden Glen at RB they will be young at WR Alex Brandon the JV RB should be a big help on Defense they return the entire front 7
1 safty and the nickel

No argument here. There are a couple of other young linemen in that group. Donovan Reaves and Tahjei Rasheed are also good players. All 3 are agile, mobile and hostile.

GW with a formidable OL sounds intriguing. I mean no slight towards the Eagles, but I think a good OL has been MIA for a long time. Also, defense wins championships.

This should be best OL in awhile. Ole timers believe that defense wins championships but it helps to have a good run game that dominates the LOS, the clock and demoralizes opponents. Defenses are better when they don’t have to defend as much. You Salem boys know it all to well. 😊

This should be best OL in awhile. Ole timers believe that defense wins championships but it helps to have a good run game that dominates the LOS, the clock and demoralizes opponents. Defenses are better when they don’t have to defend as much. You Salem boys know it all to well. 😊
Agree 💯. The reason Salem is tough most years is because they control the LOS and TOP on offense and that also is a very effective defense.

GW will Scrimmage Varina and Heritage prior to Dinwiddie game
Oh my, that’s going to be a good measuring stick for the Danville boys. Varina is absolutely loaded. Would love to see GW get Varina back on the regular season schedule.

I like GW in a good amount of their games this year. Dinwiddie is a top 3 team in C4 and is a hostile environment to play in so that’s always tough. I like us in games 2 through 10. Magna Vista is gonna be absolutely loaded but we’ve played well in the Hole and will 100% give them a better game this October. Glass and Amherst are rivalries and can go either way, but I like the Danville boys to win both of those.

Is this the GW class that played Salem's JV at Martinsville cause of some sort of travel issue and then showed up in a charter bus?

That JV team basically played 10 road games. After that game vs Salem they played a few down the road at Smith River complex but they were road warriors all season.

If I recall the Salem JV game ended in a tie. The Spartans made a nice comeback to force the tie. That was the only blemish o that team’s record.

You brought it back to JV ball w your Q. Just supplied what I thought would be some interesting info.

We know Thursdays have little to do with Fridays when it comes to measuring success.

• Sad
Reactions: MaroonDude
Anybody know if and when a hire will be made for head basketball coach? Time for us to dominate west of Richmond again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT