ADVERTISEMENT

I realize it's super early and this is football season but still

Our explanation will come based on results. I cannot wait for our girls to start playen. I'm glad no one thinks we will be better this year. It's a fact that it's more talent this year than last year .

FACT
Didn't you have the 1A State player of the year last year? Talent does not win games coaching does so you are probably are going to be disappointed.

Good that makes me happy to hear that your not worried about us. Like I told you before you haven't even beat us. You weren't even close last year.

And if you watched us then you know what we have coming.

GW only won by 6 at Galax last year and Galax would have won if Brown and a couple of others had not gotten into foul trouble. You must have been watching your college level players playing JV in the basement.

i can tell the problem is. Most y'all ain't never even played the game and you don't know talent. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time on here. Once the season starts there will be lots of people back tracking

Didn't you have the 1A State player of the year last year? Talent does not win games coaching does so you are probably are going to be disappointed.

What does that have to do with anything
That was last years team that does not match this years talent. Ain't even close

And GW has great coaching at every level you can believe that

i can tell the problem is. Most y'all ain't never even played the game and you don't know talent. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time on here. Once the season starts there will be lots of people back tracking

What does that have to do with anything
That was last years team that does not match this years talent. Ain't even close

And GW has great coaching at every level you can believe that
Agreed and it showed in the state championship last year in Richmond. Out coached.

There's one thing this thread is proving. There's a tremendous amount of excitement for the upcoming girls season. While I know GW mom has stirred the pot with a couple predictions I do want to state something that is over looked.
Southwest style of play has proven to be extremely intimidating and I personally feel is the sole reason that the southwest up until last year has dominated the state or rather state titles. I've watched many teams with more talent continually fall at the hands of southwest basketball. Down here we beat and bang and stay on a relentless pursuit of Defense that teams just aren't ready for.

When teams come to this part of the world it's a point guard nightmare. Over the years I've watched so many point guards play against the southwest and just get completely rattled and intimidated. Once this happens the entire team loses control and it's game over.

I will admit I wasn't able to see PM play last year. It certainly sounds like many players are coming back but I'm not sure PM can get by another year of southwest basketball. It's not luck when you've won as many states as the southwest as won over the past few years. I truly believe the intimidation factor is one of the biggest reasons why. Very few ball handlers and teams can deal with hardcore southwest basketball.

Finally something we can agree on. People have no idea how tough the kids play in the southwest. That is a FACT.

Well maybe we should take a poll and see who looks dumb. Or better yet let's just revisit this thread about halfway into the season. I'd bet things become quite simple to figure out by then.

Yes that sounds fine by me. I think we should relook at all these stupid people talking out your heads. I only have one request let's make sure we relook at it after the post season starts. Y'all won't be around to look by then. Let me say again speed and athletes can't be taught in this game. You either got it or you don't and the athletes coming for maroons got it. That's a FACT.

Yes that sounds fine by me. I think we should relook at all these stupid people talking out your heads. I only have one request let's make sure we relook at it after the post season starts. Y'all won't be around to look by then. Let me say again speed and athletes can't be taught in this game. You either got it or you don't and the athletes coming for maroons got it. That's a FACT.

Some of these quotes come to mind

I haven’t slept a single second, but my body is not tired. My brain, however, is useless.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

She had just about enough intelligence to open her mouth when she wanted to eat, but certainly no more.
P.G. Wodehouse

Reactions: fightingblues
Some of these quotes come to mind

I haven’t slept a single second, but my body is not tired. My brain, however, is useless.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

She had just about enough intelligence to open her mouth when she wanted to eat, but certainly no more.
P.G. Wodehouse

Yeah you just a poet. Well guess what poet all I got to say is transferr is on the way. Yes I would be scared to. GW will be unstoppable.

Transfer? Thought you had college level players? Your college level players should be worried if you have a transfer.

That's what I was thinking.

Yeah you just a poet. Well guess what poet all I got to say is transferr is on the way. Yes I would be scared to. GW will be unstoppable.

I'm not doing this all weekend. I'm in DC for the skins game. Maybe your college level players can play for jay gruden? Athletes like that can do anything I'm sure.

If this transferr thing is true I'm not surprised. All I would suggest is that you better hope the transferr is a descendent of the Jordan family.

I'm not doing this all weekend. I'm in DC for the skins game. Maybe your college level players can play for jay gruden? Athletes like that can do anything I'm sure.

If this transferr thing is true I'm not surprised. All I would suggest is that you better hope the transferr is a descendent of the Jordan family.[/QUO

You are the reason they are called MORONS!!

If this transferr thing is true I'm not surprised. All I would suggest is that you better hope the transferr is a descendent of the Jordan family.

You ain't even got a clue what's about to go down but you keep trying to be funny. Galax girls feel like it's finally gonna be bout all of them this year but sorry smack crackle boom GW is back. GW has always and will always be a force to deal with. We not no one trick pony like PM was last year. But hey at least PM fell into one. Galax ain't ever done nothing . GW is a producer. We produce talent every year.

Smack crackle boom that's a FACT.

As entertaining as this thread has been, I'm going to add my 2 cents. PM girls are pretty good. Return all 5 starters and a 5 deep bench. Only replacing 1 senior who played sparingly last season. Have a point guard who was the state player of the year and a forward who probably received votes for it. They've been playing all summer against some quality opponents. They do face a tough schedule this year playing several 3a schools. They played Floyd county about a month ago and beat them by 35. So as has been said it should be a fun season. But if you sleep on the blues your gonna regret it. Just my opinion but they played nervous in the state game last year and still beat y'all

As entertaining as this thread has been, I'm going to add my 2 cents. PM girls are pretty good. Return all 5 starters and a 5 deep bench. Only replacing 1 senior who played sparingly last season. Have a point guard who was the state player of the year and a forward who probably received votes for it. They've been playing all summer against some quality opponents. They do face a tough schedule this year playing several 3a schools. They played Floyd county about a month ago and beat them by 35. So as has been said it should be a fun season. But if you sleep on the blues your gonna regret it. Just my opinion but they played nervous in the state game last year and still beat y'all

Jones of GW was the State Player of the year last year. Not sure how but she was. Peyton was first team All State. Adam was Coach of the year. Should be a bright season!!

You ain't even got a clue what's about to go down but you keep trying to be funny. Galax girls feel like it's finally gonna be bout all of them this year but sorry smack crackle boom GW is back. GW has always and will always be a force to deal with. We not no one trick pony like PM was last year. But hey at least PM fell into one. Galax ain't ever done nothing . GW is a producer. We produce talent every year.

Smack crackle boom that's a FACT.

Smack crackle boom? What are you doing eating Rice Krispies and making stupid statements ?
First of all after doing some simple research it's apparent that PM is bringing the entire team back. I still like our Galax girls in a upset but to keep bashing or calling out the PM team is absurd.

I think they are clearly the favorites as I also know for a FACT that GW is not. Galax will have absolutely no problem with GW or your college players or your transferr.

Smack crackle FACT.

I thought the Jones kid from GW was the state player of the year? I believe they name two kids from two different associations. I heard Jones was one of them and someone from the east was the other or maybe it was someone from PM. I'm not sure where you find it on line

[QUOTE=" They do face a tough schedule this year playing several 3a schools. They played Floyd county about a month ago and beat them by 35. [/QUOTE]

This is a little hard to believe. Where did the game take place ? Floyd county is a top tier 2A school. They went to the final 4 last year and are returning plenty from that team. I can't see anyone beating them by 35 points.

[QUOTE=" They do face a tough schedule this year playing several 3a schools. They played Floyd county about a month ago and beat them by 35.

This is a little hard to believe. Where did the game take place ? Floyd county is a top tier 2A school. They went to the final 4 last year and are returning plenty from that team. I can't see anyone beating them by 35 points.[/QUOTE]

We are that GOOD!!

[QUOTE="fightingblues

We are that GOOD!![/QUOTE]

Ok now look who's being arrogant. Over confidence can work against you at any level of play.

Not sure where PM played Floyd but I think it may have been at spectrum. I do need to make a correction though. Floyd did not have everyone playing. However I heard today that they played them again last week and only won by 10. That was with Floyd's full team.

Not sure where PM played Floyd but I think it may have been at spectrum. I do need to make a correction though. Floyd did not have everyone playing. However I heard today that they played them again last week and only won by 10. That was with Floyd's full team.

See that's y'all problem all of you are worried about off season ball. All y'all are gonna be in for a huge wake up call when GW hits the floor this year.
We better than ever and about to prove it.

I look forward to it. However you may want to start your list of excuses now so when the time comes to use them you'll have them fine tuned. PM for the repeat.

I look forward to it. However you may want to start your list of excuses now so when the time comes to use them you'll have them fine tuned. PM for the repeat.

We ain't gonna need no excuses.
FACT GW beat PM once last year
FACT PM got lucky in the state game
FACT GW is better this year than last year

It's just a case of talent. I bet our fans could wipe the floor with PM fans . I know I could personally hit the floor right now and put up 30 points. Our kids are gonna be lights out. That's a FACT!

Someone's broke up about losing the state title last year. And the comment about your fans being able to mop the floors with our fans is THE ABSOLUTE DUMBEST THING I think you've said.

We ain't gonna need no excuses.
FACT GW beat PM once last year
FACT PM got lucky in the state game
FACT GW is better this year than last year

It's just a case of talent. I bet our fans could wipe the floor with PM fans . I know I could personally hit the floor right now and put up 30 points. Our kids are gonna be lights out. That's a FACT!

Sometimes you start something and it's a priceless moment in time. After this statement I'm so proud to be the owner of this thread. Ladies and gentlemen I couldn't be more prouder than to introduce to you MR LaVar Ball.

LaVar you silly little devil I can't believe you are hiding behind the name GWMOM2432.

Amazing my thread has LaVar on it. I'm not worthy.

DONE

FACT!!!

Let's see who gets the last word

Ok I'm sorry LaVar. Please come back.

We love your idea of fans playing each other. We are hoping to put together a kick ass Maroon Tide parent team. Unfortunately tryouts are not going well. All of our guards now look like nose tackles, and we had 7 separate lung collapsing episodes. All while shooting free throws. I'm not giving up. We have more tryouts this week. We are giving away cases of beer and packs of smokes for all interested. Our main goal is to hold you to 29 points.

Ok I'm sorry LaVar. Please come back.

We love your idea of fans playing each other. We are hoping to put together a kick ass Maroon Tide parent team. Unfortunately tryouts are not going well. All of our guards now look like nose tackles, and we had 7 separate lung collapsing episodes. All while shooting free throws. I'm not giving up. We have more tryouts this week. We are giving away cases of beer and packs of smokes for all interested. Our main goal is to hold you to 29 points.

Yes yes yes keep talking the smack.
I know talent and that's a FACT.

Yes yes yes keep talking the smack.
I know talent and that's a FACT.

I've grown tired of chatting with you. If by some miracle of a chance your still here midway thru the season I'll make fun of your existence at that point and time.

There's bigger things going on for Maroon Tide family. Like a possible Football state run.

Roll Maroon tide roll!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT