ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries to Robinson QB Jack Rowlett and Lake Braddock WR AJ Alexander

BlueFan

VaPreps All District
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2001
What happened to Robinson QB Jack Rowlett and Lake Braddock WR AJ Alexander?

4. Robinson (6-1)

Last week: Playing without senior QB Jack Rowlett, the Rams suffered their first loss of the season in a 31-14 decision at Westfield.

Next up: 7:30 p.m. Friday at Oakton

8. Lake Braddock (5-2)

Last week: The Bruins are struggling without injured senior AJ Alexander, this time falling to West Springfield 16-14, their first loss to the Spartans since 2008.

Next up: 7:30 p.m. Friday vs. T.C. Williams

Football Power Rankings, Oct. 17-24

I heard Rowlett was out, but not why. I was also informed, by someone who should know, that Alexander has an ACL injury and is done for the season. I was also told he had surgery recently and is most likely now out for basketball.

Originally posted by falcettik:
I heard Rowlett was out, but not why. I was also informed, by someone who should know, that Alexander has an ACL injury and is done for the season. I was also told he had surgery recently and is most likely now out for basketball.
Jack Rowlett dressed up for the Westfield game last week, and he participated in the pre-game warm-up. I believe he started at QB in the game (it is kind of hard to notice or remember who the Robinson QB was because Robinson didn't pass much). Later I noticed that #15 was the QB instead of #3 (Jack Rowlett). I don't remember Rowlett being injured during the game or limping off the field or whatever. That was why Rowlett's absence was a surprise. There is no stats on Rowlett in the Washington Post game summary, which makes me wonder if he ever played at all.

As for AJ Alexander, his ACL is a big disappointment for all football fans because he was a big impact player. Players like AJ Alexander don't come often, perhaps once every ten years. It seemed that he was carrying the whole Lake Braddock team on his back.

I asked the trainers for Robinson at halftime at Oakton tonight and they said one to two more weeks, in essence the rest of the year perhaps. I could not visibly see any sign of injury to the young man as he watched in street clothes from the sideline. Do not know if it is concussion or off the field issues or what, but Robinson was simply unable to create any offense and was held scoreless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT