ADVERTISEMENT

New Freedom coach

otnorot

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 31, 2006
From out of the area. Has mostly coached struggling programs in the past. Doesn't seem like there was much interest in the job.

Maybe Hayfield and Freedom could swap Dematha and Annandale on their schedules.

They could also trade Varina for Wakefield.

Wow, even with the context of Overton essentially being the program there, I’m shocked there wasn’t more interest. Not super familiar with Freedom in particular, but that’s a big school in a seemingly good area that can obviously be successful. I’d think many qualified candidates would want to throw their hat in the ring. Must be some missing context.

Wow, even with the context of Overton essentially being the program there, I’m shocked there wasn’t more interest. Not super familiar with Freedom in particular, but that’s a big school in a seemingly good area that can obviously be successful. I’d think many qualified candidates would want to throw their hat in the ring. Must be some missing context.
You’re definitely missing context! Overton was using AAU PLAYERS! Freedom may not have enough to even field a team. The stud RB was Overton’s nephew,and he transferred to hayfield.

Reactions: falcettik
You’re definitely missing context! Overton was using AAU PLAYERS! Freedom may not have enough to even field a team. The stud RB was Overton’s nephew,and he transferred to hayfield.
Knew he had a bunch of recruited kids including the nephew, still though. Huge school in NoVa coming off two undefeated seasons. Strange that apparently nobody qualified locally thought they could keep a semblance of that success going. And clearly not a situation where qualified candidates don’t bother applying because the hiring process is all but a coronation for the ADs preferred candidate.

Knew he had a bunch of recruited kids including the nephew, still though. Huge school in NoVa coming off two undefeated seasons. Strange that apparently nobody qualified locally thought they could keep a semblance of that success going. And clearly not a situation where qualified candidates don’t bother applying because the hiring process is all but a coronation for the ADs preferred candidate.
Everybody transferred to hayfield! Before this Coach came there, they could barely field the team.

Unless you have connections to a pipeline of players from outside the school zone who come in through the specialty programs it's going to be tough to win at Freedom. True for a lot of schools and sports in Prince William TBH.

Reactions: falcettik
Huuuuuh? A 2-8 coach from Wyoming???

One of the weirdest hires I’ve seen. There must be something going on in the background.

If you listen to any of that staff's interviews they say how hard it is to really win there. Basically demographic changes in the area has made football a 2nd thought so they were really working triple time to have a successful program. Freedom probably just isn't a great job.

maxresdefault.jpg
Paul-Ronga-football-coach.jpg
61282a8b4b66a.image.jpg

GUESS SPENDING MORE TIME WITH THE FAMILY HAS GOTTEN OLD.

It said “his family back east”. Prince William is definitely east of Wyoming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT