ADVERTISEMENT

nm

Re: W&L play calling

Coach Jones play calling was good enough to lead W&L to 8-0 and a number 1 power ranking in the state.W&L
got beat by a better team in Essex and # 5,10 ,76 and others had a heck of a lot to do with his play selection.
As far as a kid not running his route and jogging it thru, you got to be ready to make the play and execute when your number is called.You sound like a disgruntled parent.Get over it and support your teams success.Those kids did the best of their abilities
and simply got out played by a superior team on this particular Saturday.

Originally posted by W&L1996:

I made a statement a couple of weeks ago that the play calling was going to hurt us and everybody seemed to think Coach Jones could do no wrong. Now I hope everybody see what I was talking about. The style of offense he's trying to run might of worked back when he was in Essex but it's not going to work now[/I]. Any half way decent coach can pick it up. When your offense calls a play and the defense calls it out and knows exactly what it is, then you have a problem. Then you wonder why the offense isn't moving the ball, they are fighting against the defense and their own coach. I really think its time for a new play caller[/I]. That first drive of the Essex game really killed us. Knowing that we was missing our best secondary player on defense, we really needed to control the clock. I know we missed a bomb that should of been a touchdown but was it really the wr fault that he decided to jog his route when he never got the ball all year[/B]. 4th and inches around the 30 yd line and you going to decide to punt with the wind blowing hard. I know we had about 4 punts that actually went about 40 yards total, not counting the 2 good ones that he was punting with the wind. The Essex coach knew not to punt against the wind and our coach didn't. I know most of the people aren't going to like what I had to say but that was a good reality check game for us and I hope the coach wake[/B] up and do[/B] what everybody know[/B] he's capable of doing and stop being so predictable.

1st bold) should be past tense

2nd bold) this is dumb, it is working now because they are 8-1, so that statement means nothing

3rd bold) See 2nd bold response, and who would he give the play calling duties too? you (an upset parent)?

4th bold) So are you saying it is the coaches fault that the play HE called was wide open and a player didn't run his rout hard enough, or is that the players fault?

5th bold) wakes up*
6th bold) does*
7th bold) knows*

In sum, I cant really stand to read your post because it is broken English, and second, you only make negative posts, you only post after a loss or a close win (see rapp game) Please do everyone a favor and break your keyboard

Yes it is possible you will lose next week if colonial beach is better than W&L.It happens sometimes especially if one of your best running backs is out for the season.You go with what you got to work with.Either way I expect the kids to play their butts off and give their best.We should support them and quit with the bleacher coaching regarding play calls.Jones knows what he is doing and if ya don't believe it check his record out at Essex.W&L will be just fine! Let those Eagles soar...

And you sound like one of the coach's buddies[/B]. Yes he got us off to a 8-0 start and I praise him for that but like I said before his play calling sucks and the last 2 games proved it. Maybe he's holding everything back for the playoffs, which I hope there is a reason behind all of this.#5 may cause you to change your offense a little but the other two numbers don't sound familiar to me so I can't recall what they actually did. I seen every play of ever game and I knew the play calling was going to catch up with us and I was right. We will lose again next week if he calls the same plays.
This post was edited on 11/3 11:43 AM by W&L1996
This is your argument every time someone doesn't agree with you. Its like liberal logic 101, if I can't argue the point I'm going to make personal attacks.

This is how I picture W&L1996 watching the eagles play:

s-GIANTS-GAME-KID-large.jpg

I take it you're an English teacher, you really took that much time to point out my mistakes, your life must be boring. With all the grammar mistakes u said I had, you still got my point. Everybody always talk about what he done at Essex but the question what have he done since he left Essex. Yeah and I know he started off 8-0 but it doesn't mean anything if you can't finish. Since you don't have a life, edit this reply and tell me where I messed up at.
This post was edited on 11/3 12:31 PM by W&L1996

8-1 and still complaining. He says "half way decent coach can pick it up" in one statement and then he says he praises him in another. Disgruntled know-it-all. Anyone that says anything in support of Jones is his buddy?

Is 1996 the year you started school at W&L?? Here is a toast to hoping you finally graduate in 2014 - whew it's been a long rough road to graduation for you. Hope you get there.

pointing out stupid doesn't take much time ...

now on to your new post ...

I take it you're an English teacher, you really took that much time to point out my mistakes, your life must be boring. With all the grammar mistakes u said I had, you still got my point. Everybody always talk about what he done at Essex but the question what have he done since he left Essex. Yeah and I know he started off 8-0 but it doesn't mean anything if you can't finish. Since you don't have a life, edit this reply and tell me where I messed up at.
This post was edited on 11/3 12:31 PM by W&L1996
The playoffs haven't even started and you're talking about him not finishing ... good lord, the "dumb" is strong with you ...

So since you are the guy that everyone was talking about being the upset parent in your other thread, you know, the guy in the endzone, or leaned against the fence screaming about the play calling, can you now tell you your real issue with the coach? Your kid doesn't play?

Originally posted by dringtuoti:

8-1 and still complaining. He says "half way decent coach can pick it up" in one statement and then he says he praises him in another. Disgruntled know-it-all. Anyone that says anything in support of Jones is his buddy?

Is 1996 the year you started school at W&L?? Here is a toast to hoping you finally graduate in 2014 - whew it's been a long rough road to graduation for you. Hope you get there.
130.gif

You all just don't get it. Blind to the true facts. Keep editing so I can know how to say the coach's play calling suck next time.
This post was edited on 11/3 12:49 PM by W&L1996

You all just don't get it. Blind to the true facts[/B].
facts are that W&L is 8-1 and has scored plenty of points this year..... again .... you really make me laugh

Didn't the defense score the points in that game. Yes I was wrong about Rapp having the best defense, but their defense is still pretty good.
This post was edited on 11/3 12:58 PM by W&L1996

Didn't the defense score the points in that game. Yes I was wrong about Rapp having the best defense, but their defense is still pretty good.
This post was edited on 11/3 12:58 PM by W&L1996
W&L beat them twice ... you said it was against poor defenses, now rapp has a pretty good defense?

images

I really don't think that Essex made ANY changes in their game plan because he was missing.

Re: W&L1996 ??????

Have you grown a pair and talked to the coach face to face yet ? My guess is you still squat to piss !!!!!
flush.r191677.gif

This guy really is an idiot! If the player hasn't gotten a ball thrown to him all year then maybe it's because he jogs his route. Maybe that's why he may not get another one thrown to him the rest of the year. I'm with a few of the others on here. Also from what i heard about the game, you're 4th and inches you talk about was was nullified because they got the 1st down on a roughing the punter. That's just 1 more point that you were off on. But who's counting. Haha. If you don't like the play calling, either put in your resume, talk to the coach, or shut up. Some people don't know the true X's and O's. Just know how to write them down. You talk about finishing? What are you talking about? Your team has been behind a few times and found a way to win. That's finishing. But, everyone is entitled to an opinion I guess.

You seem to bash the offense which yes, they only scored 7 points. Yet, who is the defensive coordinator? They gave up 28 unanswered! Seems like you have beef with one guy. You blame 1 kid for 28 points? I doubt it.

This post was edited on 11/5 6:40 AM by believer97

No one blamed one kid for 28 points first of all. Coach Jones makes the final decisions on defense and the first drive we didn't get a roughing the punter, the center snapped the ball over top of the punter's head.

This is hilarious. He probably woke up and posted something on preps thinking he would get a lot of people to pat him on the back and echo his comments and then poof - everyone realizes he's ridiculous. Keep it up W&L, I enjoy reading your drivel and how you say one thing then backtrack, then say another thing, and then realize your original post was stupid so you go back and hit delete. Keep standing on the fence line in Montross and yelling garbage, I find it inane but apparently it gives you some satisfaction.

The first drive for W&L did get a roughing the punter call (which in my opinion was a bad call, because the ball was tipped on the block attempt). Then the penalty took W&L to the 35. From there they ran to the left for 3 yards, threw the pass which was overthrown, and then threw a pass which was underthrown. So on 4th and 7 from your 32 the coach decided to punt. Now you could debate the call of going for it, but I am sure he was trying to pin Essex back, hope for a defensive stop and get the ball back with good field position. But what actually happened was the snapper hiked it over the punter's head and the punter fell on it at the 50 yard line. So now you know the truth, you should probably switch your argument to why would he called for a punt on the 32 yard line on 4th and 7.

Ah! Little fellow in Blue jersey hanging on the fence screaming "Ya got mix it up"! Probably an under achiever trying to make up for his athletic short comings through his kid.W&L is in good hands with a coach that cares about them.Roll on Eagles!

Coach Jones is a good coach, great motivator but there are moments where you do scratch your head...I ve been at most of the games and even the guys on the side line are calling out the plays before they happen. Rappahannock defense were bigger and well prepared bc they had scouted us all year. The play calls arent hard to figure out and after the our RB was injured for the season, Rapp and other defenses made good adjustments to stop our no. 2 guy by just shifting the line to the side he was motioning to bc with him being the wing guy it was only one place he could go and with no replacement for the best RB getting hurt it was easier to for teams to focus on stopping one guy. But I ve heard others had commented on that all season; playcalling was too predictable and that teams would keep adjusting like that,and when they did we struggled. Defense did give up some points in that Essex game but again like W&L1996 said the DC isnt the guy calling the defense plays, Coach Jones is. I would like to see the offense get alil more diversity bc its tough to play a team like an Essex or any other team and get caught behind in points and/or chains and its 3rd and 15 and everyone knows you are going jet sweep to whatever side is the wide side...we ve been talented enough to get through some of those but its tough when guys know its coming and they just wait for you. Coach Jones has definitely made an impact on the program but predictability, game management, not leaning on his staff more- came back to bite us those two games and hopefully we can step it up this Friday against PM.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT