ADVERTISEMENT

OL fans referee complaints go under this thread:

Didn't see the game but social media said 17 of them. That's a lot. But usually there are more refs on the field at this stage of the playoffs so more eyes to see.

It was a field day for flags 3 most ridiculous ones were on Laborn 65 yards touchdown the ref thru the flag super late it was unbelievable he was 30 yards down field chose to throw it , other was his 70 yard run again it came out late the last was when a OL player ran into the punter accident but of course he faked that it hurt him but that was after they blew the whistle for flase start on OL player didn't hear the whistle. Either way it was a great game or went down the wire I'm pretty sure both teams will see each again next time next year most impact players coming back both teams.

They could've called holding on Lakes all night, they couldn't block us without grabbing and pulling us down babyd but you can keep defending them all you want Smith is moving on!

Here comes the Smith fans back on the forums. Glad to see your still around. Missed you the last few years. Been all quiet since you all trashed Cville and the north. Guess they got you back a few years later. Just kidding. Black Friday got the best of me. All is good. I am glad to see them beat OL. No repeat this this year. Good luck next week!!

Here comes the Smith fans back on the forums. Glad to see your still around. Missed you the last few years. Been all quiet since you all trashed Cville and the north. Guess they got you back a few years later. Just kidding. Black Friday got the best of me. All is good. I am glad to see them beat OL. No repeat this this year. Good luck next week!!
Ehhh, we've been around. Just not on the boards but hey they can discredit the win anyway they want but it doesn't matter!

Lol they are a good team like I said other thread they're coach always call gusty calls 2 of OS TD drives came with less them 55 yards of play bc Ocean Lakes fake punted even after Smith knew it was coming had the defensive scheme ready for it the Second one was when they went for it on 4th down near mid field all in the first half lead 13-0 lead with of course big runs that were wiped outs from offensive holding calls all witch were down Smith throat hard see how they got so many holding call lineman smash mouth running no counter off tackle runs.

Either way id rather see a good 757 beat another good 757 instead of the whole 703 beating a 757 team states lol I'll be at the Smith And Dale game hopefully turns out to be a good game Smith winning.

Lol they are a good team like I said other thread they're coach always call gusty calls 2 of OS TD drives came with less them 55 yards of play bc Ocean Lakes fake punted even after Smith knew it was coming had the defensive scheme ready for it the Second one was when they went for it on 4th down near mid field all in the first half lead 13-0 lead with of course big runs that were wiped outs from offensive holding calls all witch were down Smith throat hard see how they got so many holding call lineman smash mouth running no counter off tackle runs.
@babY_d757 That's what happens when you try to mimic LC Bird, Lakes grabbed every play because refs rarely call holding on consecutive plays (which they could've), they missed an EP, went 0/4 on 4th down and didnt recover onsides kicks giving Smith a short field to work with, Dont forget alot of those penalty yards were offsides and personal fouls, it wasn't just holding, most of the calls had to be made. On to Dale they go.

Reactions: DEVILSLB99
I agree that OL is a great team. OL probably has better athletes than Smith does. If they played again, OL might win by 20, who knows. BUT on that night, in that game Smith was the better team. They were better prepared, executed their game plan better, and were better coached. Coach Scott is an awesome recruiter and gets players to his school, but Coach Morgan is still the better coach when it comes to the X's and O's. Other than his staff and players, no one gave them a shot at beating OL. Congrats to Coach Morgan and the Tigers

Reactions: WhyBeeCee
Oscar Smith has a young and very hungry team this year. Them young fellas were battle tested by some pretty good and physical teams this year. Ocean Lakes however had a cakewalk in the Beach this year, and they were definitely a finesse team this year compared to last years squad.

Smith came out and did what has to be done to any Bully, and that's Smack them right in the mouth early. Smith is undersized this year, but very quick on Defense which caused Lakes pulling guards to hold all night long. I was also intrigued as to how easy Shon Mitchell was carving up that secondary, except for 2 poor throws late in the game, 1 of which he was hit while throwing.

It's been argued that Capehart and Trotman are the Best WR in the State! Neither were a factor in this game at All, now whether it was bad play calling or great Defensive strategy I'll leave that up for debate.
Ocean Lakes leading Sack machine Deidron Bacote who played for Oscar Smith last year was pretty much shut out besides 1 tackle! No pun intended to that young man, because he's a very good player. I'm just saying give these young Smith kids some credit.

Coach Scott made the mistake of coming into this game treating it like he was playing a regular season game, or a lesser opponent. He also forgot he was Coaching against arguably one of the best Coaches to ever do it in Virginia. My hats off to Ocean Lakes on a Great Run, but I simply think Lakes was Out Coached and Out Played Friday night.

On a side note: I wonder where Ocean Lakes would've been this year without Transfer RB Khalan Laborn? That young man had to be over 85% of their offense this year, and almost all of it against Smith.

I clearly stated first thread I made "if " OL treats Smith like they did Western Branch that this game would be close or a W for Smith trust me I know Morgan will always have his boys ready even when Smith got smacked by out of state opponents and ppl would downgrade them they still come back here smack opponents around come playoff time. Again Morgan got his boys ready and they executed well ! But more then anything I blame coach Scott for his 2 bone headed calls thinking Smith was not prepared and ready for 2 crucial 4th down plays gave Smith less then 60 yards of field to make something happen , and they did Touchdowns !! Like someone stated above coach Scott came to Smith thinking it was a cake walk but it never is vs Smith lol see y'all Saturday afternoon at Smith

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT