ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Smith Vs Phoebus Stream?

not seeing this game on NFHS.. the JV & last year's game is.. not sure what the deal is.. I am out of town & can't get to this game..

49-0 half. Oscar better wake up or they are gonna get 3/4 of a hundred hung on them. When was the last time Oscar had a running clock put on them. I respect the heck out of Coach Scott, but I have never seen one of his teams implode like this. Hats off to the Phantoms.

Last edited:
It's not a fair fight. If Oscar Smith had more students like Phoebus, this game would have been closer. Phoebus, based on school size, should have won it.....
Oh wait....

It's not a fair fight. If Oscar Smith had more students like Phoebus, this game would have been closer. Phoebus, based on school size, should have won it.....
Oh wait....
can't put but 11 on the field at a time :cool:

Oh wait....
I'm not understanding... Phoebus, based on school size, should have won it.... Phoebus is Class 3, OS is class 6. Oscar Smith has quite a bit more students in the school if that matters at all. I know Phoebus has put together a helluva team this year and Smith is kinda hurting from last year's graduation exodus. Dinwiddie (Class 4) has a monster team too and dropped 63 in Thomas Dale (Class 6) last night. These are Class 6's top tier teams! Good job for the smaller schools.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
I'm not understanding... Phoebus, based on school size, should have won it.... Phoebus is Class 3, OS is class 6. Oscar Smith has quite a bit more students in the school if that matters at all. I know Phoebus has put together a helluva team this year and Smith is kinda hurting from last year's graduation exodus. Dinwiddie (Class 4) has a monster team too and dropped 63 in Thomas Dale (Class 6) last night. These are Class 6's top tier teams! Good job for the smaller schools.
You realize it was TIC?

Reactions: GoBlue2109
OS was nationally ranked, ranked #1 in the state & won their district by going undefeated. Phoebus just came out ready to play and wanted this game to avenge last years lopsided loss to OS. Dinwiddie is crazy good and so is Highland Springs. I had the chance to see HS beat Chambers in Charlotte this year. VA has great programs.

OS was nationally ranked, ranked #1 in the state & won their district by going undefeated. Phoebus just came out ready to play and wanted this game to avenge last years lopsided loss to OS. Dinwiddie is crazy good and so is Highland Springs. I had the chance to see HS beat Chambers in Charlotte this year. VA has great programs.
OS was not ranked #1 in the state. Freedom was ranked #1 in D6.

Let's see how Smith responds to this. They have more games left in them. Everyone forgot about the Thumping Phoebus got after a title. It's time to see what they have left inside of themselves.

Time to recover, get healthy & move on.

OS was not ranked #1 in the state. Freedom was ranked #1 in D6.
They shouldve been. They are two time defending state champs that was undefeated lastyear and this year up until the Phoebus game. Phoebus is the defending state champ and yet the team the beat for the crown was ranked ahead of them. Regardless, Phoebus beat a quality team in Smith. OS will comeback from this. It will motivate them in for the playoffs.

can't put but 11 on the field at a time :cool:
Peking is in China. 11 on the field at a time. Both mean nothing. If 11 on the field at a time meant something, we wouldn't have things in Virginia called Classifications, of which we have 6. If the people at Freedom argued for 1 Classification only in Virginia, they could say to the people in Bland County, "we can only put 11 on the field at a time."

I don't know about that, they should have lost to Indian River and Western Branch. I think Freedom will take the title this year.
But they didnt. Everybody comes for the champs. Freedom is great but they will hv to take it from Smith, the back to back state champs.

Who is going to beat them? Smith will be ok. The lost to Phoebus was stunning but Phoebus wasnt going to lose that game. I still think Smith will make it to the finals.
They had no business beating WB! No business beating IR with that pathetic offense. Outgained by KF by 200yds. I’ll take WB,Dale or Manchester to beat them. Their QB is below average and can’t throw to his left. FYI….Freedom is a SEMI-Final matchup.

I'm afraid Thomas Dale can only go so far. For some reason their stuck on screen passes and just don't change up when that gets stopped. Dale has a great 6 "3 receiver but they don't seem to want to go over the middle with him. Dinwiddie even left it open buy moving safety out and Dale did nothing until late post TD to 19.

Smith win be ok. Iron sharpens iron.
Hope so!! The week before... what happened to them in the 2-0 win over Western Branch?
Freedom beat stonebridge, stonebridge is not cupcake
That was the 1st game this season. I saw it! SB looked like a jv team and looked lost. As the season has progressed, so has Stone Bridge! They are so well coached, that it would only be a matter of time.
SB sits at 9-1 now and I guarantee that Freedom would probably struggle with them now!

Hope so!! The week before... what happened to them in the 2-0 win over Western Branch?

That was the 1st game this season. I saw it! SB looked like a jv team and looked lost. As the season has progressed, so has Stone Bridge! They are so well coached, that it would only be a matter of time.
SB sits at 9-1 now and I guarantee that Freedom would probably struggle with them now!
Smith gets everybody's best game because they were on top. Yes they struggled but they won. WB and Kings Fork are no slouch teams. They can play. Smith will beat WB the second time around but more decisively. Everybody still got to come see them in Chesapeake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT