ADVERTISEMENT

Region 2C

Feb 4, 2022
Brian Harman posted the bracket on his twitter account.

Top 4 get bye's:

1. Radford
2. Floyd
3. Glenvar
4. Gretna

First round games:
2/17 Alleghany Vs Appomattox - Winner plays Radford - 2/21
2/17 Martinsville Vs Chatham - Winner plays Gretna - 2/21
2/17 Patrick Vs Dan River - Winner plays Floyd - 2/21
2/17 James River Vs Nelson - Winner plays Glenvar - 2/21

Last edited:
Saw the semis are on 2/25 which is the same day when Radford host Campbell in their season finale so I might have to stick around and watch the Region semis after.

Reactions: M11H16D18H
Nelson County is 2-17? I will never understand allowing so many teams in. Go to 6 with top two seeds getting byes.

On the girls side, Radford made it after going 3-18. They were 0-10 in conference play.
They split our region into 2 Sub Regions - Mountain and 81 - to cut down on traveling for region play.

Mountain teams are: Floyd County, Patrick County, Martinsville, Dan River, Chatham, & Gretna
81 teams are: Radford, Glenvar, Alleghany, James River, Appomattox, Nelson County

James River advances to the Region 2C semifinals with a 50-43 win over Glenvar. The Knights will play at the Dedmon Center on Saturday night at 8:00 pm.

Gretna 49 Martinsville 40. The Dogs were outscored 16- 6 in the 4th period. Both teams had trouble scoring from the field, the difference was the Hawks were 16-27 from the foul line Martinsville was 5-10.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
REGION 2C BOYS BASKETBALL: Floyd County 81, Patrick County 61 The Cougars finish the season 12-13

Gretna 49 Martinsville 40. The Dogs were outscored 16- 6 in the 4th period. Both teams had trouble scoring from the field, the difference was the Hawks were 16-27 from the foul line Martinsville was 5-10.
Martinsville didn't look good at all. This is the worst that I've ever seen a Bulldawg team play. I'm very disappointed.

Reactions: pizzzzza
It was like watching a bad movie knowing how it was going to end. We couldn't score, missed a ton of 2 footers, and just kept on turning the ball over. It was not a very good representation of Mavahi basketball.

Reactions: pizzzzza
It was like watching a bad movie knowing how it was going to end. We couldn't score, missed a ton of 2 footers, and just kept on turning the ball over. It was not a very good representation of Mavahi basketball.
Those are all facts. You're right, It was like watching a trainwreck for Groundhog day. I was just at a loss for words. I mean they kept making the same silly mistakes. Then not having the kids at the FT line and Gretna getting that easy bucket. That was truly a first for me. The multitude of mistakes was their downfall.

Last edited:
Reactions: MascotMemorizer
Those are all facts. You're right, It was like watching a trainwreck for Groundhog day. I was just at a loss for words. I mean they kept making the same silly mistakes. Then not having the kids at the FT line and Gretna getting that easy bucket. That was truly a first for me. The multitude of mistakes was their downfall.
I was there last night and that whole free throw situation was crazy. That led to Martinsville falling behind entering half and as many as 10 to start the 2nd half. Bulldogs battled back and took the lead, but they struggled at the line and making the short range basket. Gretna made the hustle plays when it counted.

I really am not trying to be funny, but how did this Bulldog team beat Tunstall in the season finale?

Reactions: AntGZee
I was there last night and that whole free throw situation was crazy. That led to Martinsville falling behind entering half and as many as 10 to start the 2nd half. Bulldogs battled back and took the lead, but they struggled at the line and making the short range basket. Gretna made the hustle plays when it counted.

I really am not trying to be funny, but how did this Bulldog team beat Tunstall in the season finale?
They beat Tunstall, by getting the hustle plays, sound D and simply, playing with some Bulldog pride. The things that the Bulldogs weren't sound in last night, they were sound when they beat Tunstall. They played a complete game on both sides of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT