ADVERTISEMENT

So on to next year............

Re: This talk comes about ONLY when a 757 team wins....nm

Thanks for the info that s why I asked, because I didn't know. So it looks like the south is as deep as the north as far as number of teams that have won big in the recent years. Good deal...

I need to look up the conference thing and see who plays in what league. I just cant wrap my head around smiths 50+ district winning streak...

There have been a few high profile kids transferring in the north but it cant be the same. At least that's the perception, Another big perception is that there is not a big and powerful 7v7 team (at least not yet) that is involved.

I will say that's the case up here in basketball tho...

Maybe I need to include Loudoun teams when I think of the north now, and Prince william and not just the old northern region. Cause you all are right plenty of moving going on at schools in loudoun and PW

Who have the big transfers up north? I can think of 3 recently:

Caleb Henderson West po to Braddock (moved school to play for his father)
Tyler Scanlon Paul VI to Westfield (left private school for his neighborhood school)
Chad Wiggins Freedom to Centreville

Wiggins from Freedom(South Riding) to Centerville
Burns from Freedom(South Riding) to Westfield
Polk from Freedom(South Riding) to Briar Woods
Mizelle from Freedom(South Riding) to Stone Bridge
And many more.....
Transferring happens everywhere North/South/East/West the only problem is nobody is willing to do anything about it....takes some investigative work by the VHSL which they do not do...schools police themselves....nobody is going to cry wolf on themselves especially those who are winning...question of ethics and character....plus admin know that if they are ever caught they would probably lose their jobs for allowing rule breaking so they turn a blind eye to the issue...in order to have anything change the VHSL needs to start investigating said allegations and then uncover the truth....there are other states who went after schools and found improper benefits, forced grade changes, improper transfers, etc...you start taking away a couple of championships and banners out of gyms you are going to have schools on high alert and won't touch a transfer until they meet the said requirements....but there will always be recruiting...elite 7x7 teams, youth leagues, and just everyday word of mouth...you see it everywhere....

I really don't think we want the VHSL to start hiring private investigators. If the schools can't police themselves, maybe it is time to disband the whole thing.

The examples you cite would lead me to believe there is a problem with the program at Freedom-SR. All of those kids went to DIFFERENT schools - not the same school. If they all ended up at the same place then maybe you would have something.

You need to work on sentence structuring. Your comments can't be deciphered.

This post was edited on 1/24 3:13 PM by Wally_Winkerbean

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT