ADVERTISEMENT

South County vs Madison

South County vs Madison

• Total voters

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
South County vs Madison

Can South County repeat with a huge turnover in varsity players vs 2019 & a new head Coach?

Will Madison's methodical offense be enough vs the Stallions? Will Madison's defense hold South County to keep the score close?

South County vs Madison

Can South County repeat with a huge turnover in varsity players vs 2019 & a new head Coach?

Will Madison's methodical offense be enough vs the Stallions? Will Madison's defense hold South County to keep the score close?
...the other question is not whether Madison's ball control offense can score points, rather can it stay on the field and chew thru the clock against the SoCo defense to keep the Stallion offense off the field.

Rain = slippery ball = unexpected outcomes. Ball security will be paramount for both teams.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Matt predicts a rematch of the 2019 Game, South County vs O. Smith

I voted for the Stallions but only because I want to see the rematch.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
BTW... just a little annoyed that because VHSL now uses the Go Fan ticket service to provide ticket purchase on-line, "The convenience fee for each ticket is $1 plus 5% of the price of the ticket. $10 tickets will be $11.50."

Regionals, it was just the flat $10.00 at the gate after we submitted ticket request to the school (as parent).

Grrrr....

BTW... just a little annoyed that because VHSL now uses the Go Fan ticket service to provide ticket purchase on-line, "The convenience fee for each ticket is $1 plus 5% of the price of the ticket. $10 tickets will be $11.50."

Regionals, it was just the flat $10.00 at the gate after we submitted ticket request to the school (as parent).

Grrrr....
Another money grab. It is not like the schools cannot handle the sales-at cost-and then give the VHSL their money. I too hate the added fees. With two fees, I know Go Fan gets one but who gets the other?

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
After South County's post game extracurricular of football players stabbing their spirit flag into the Warhawk field logo... I will be cheering for Oscar Smith in the State Championship.

Go Tigers ! ! !

Last edited:
After South County's post game extracurricular of stabbing their spirit flag into the Warhawk field logo... I will be cheering for Oscar Smith in the State Championship.

Go Tigers ! ! !
OOOO, that wouldn't go over too well in Chesapeake! We'll be ready. no significant injuries & the Tigers are motivated.

I've already contacted the coaches @ Smith. Might develop a plan via our Booster Club.

After South County's post game extracurricular of stabbing their spirit flag into the Warhawk field logo... I will be cheering for Oscar Smith in the State Championship.

Go Tigers ! ! !
The same South County that acted like it was the worst thing that any team had ever done when the TC Williams players ran through their little inflatable tunnel a few years ago? Surely they would never do anything unsportsmanlike 😂

After South County's post game extracurricular of football players stabbing their spirit flag into the Warhawk field logo... I will be cheering for Oscar Smith in the State Championship.

Go Tigers ! ! !
Personally, I am not surprised that it happened-but I am certainly disappointed that the SC team did not show more respect. SC was extremely fortunate they got another chance after that 4th down PI call late in the game.

Personally, I am not surprised that it happened-but I am certainly disappointed that the SC team did not show more respect. SC was extremely fortunate they got another chance after that 4th down PI call late in the game.
...the other factor in the outcome was that Madison lost their starting All-Region cornerback (Leogue) who was covering Spaulding to a lower leg injury (likely fracture) on that 3rd quarter "almost" interception...Leogue had it coming down but the ball was wrestled away on the ground from the video...

One can argue back and forth all day about penalties called/uncalled and the refereeing (they certainly cost Madison at inopportune times), but it won't change the outcome in the books. I think any one of the top three Concorde teams would have pushed SoCo and it would be a coin toss as to the winner. Also, Spaulding is very, very good and knows all the receiver tricks... but no one in the SoCo regular schedule can really challenge him on the defensive side.

Some interesting game stats in this local paper article (among them, that offensive production was within a couple yards, and that SoCo only ran for under 100 yds.):

Last edited:
falcettik said: Personally, I am not surprised that it happened-but I am certainly disappointed that the SC team did not show more respect. SC was extremely fortunate they got another chance after that 4th down PI call late in the game. ------------- It wasn't the SoCo team, 1 kid/ 1 teenager on his own decided to disrespectfully plant the flag and was reminded by his coaches of what good sportsmanship is. The majority of the team showed great sportsmanship shaking hands and hugging the opponent after a tough loss. 98% of the kids on both teams were good sports. People always focus on 1 late questionable call in close games but there are many errors throughout tight games that could have made the difference. SoCo had a 3rd and 30 on their own 8 yd line and Madison roughed the QB. That could be the play that cost them the game. So many what if's.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
falcettik said: Personally, I am not surprised that it happened-but I am certainly disappointed that the SC team did not show more respect. SC was extremely fortunate they got another chance after that 4th down PI call late in the game. ------------- It wasn't the SoCo team, 1 kid/ 1 teenager on his own decided to disrespectfully plant the flag and was reminded by his coaches of what good sportsmanship is. The majority of the team showed great sportsmanship shaking hands and hugging the opponent after a tough loss. 98% of the kids on both teams were good sports. People always focus on 1 late questionable call in close games but there are many errors throughout tight games that could have made the difference. SoCo had a 3rd and 30 on their own 8 yd line and Madison roughed the QB. That could be the play that cost them the game. So many what if's.
I agree with your assessment of both the act and the outcome. Perhaps I should have more carefully worded my point about the flag planting act in that I meant that I am no longer surprised that that sort of thing goes on. I should not have used the word "team". Yes, I am old and when I played sports in HS I would not have dreamed of doing something like that, but that isn't the prevailing attitude these days for too many people. You are correct about, and I also observed, a great deal of post-game hand shaking, hugs, and pats on the back from both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT