ADVERTISEMENT

Unofficial 1A East Region Boys pairings..............

NNDman

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
#8 Carver Academy at #1 Altavista
#5 Northampton at #4 Essex
xxxx
#6 Franklin at #3 Lancaster
#7 Riverheads at #2 Mathews
XXXX
Nothing has been officially released but this is how it looks to me. Wouldn't it be just great if Lancaster and Mathews win in the 1st round and have to go to Cumberland to play!!!!!???? Those 2 are 50 miles apart!!
Lower bracket seedings corrected

Last edited:
That happened last year in girls...Surry v Colonial Beach....@ Cumberland...region lost money on that game...would have been a packed house at either home gym.

That happened last year in girls...Surry v Colonial Beach....@ Cumberland...region lost money on that game...would have been a packed house at either home gym.

That's why, with spread-out conferences/regions/etc., there should be contingency plans in case something like this happens, especially in the day of $$$$$ being so important.

By the way OU Bobcats, I'm Class of 1970

Mathews and Riverheads will be the 2/7 matchup. Lancaster and Franklin the 3/6 matchup.

Contingency plan would make sense...but that's what you get when a select group steers the votes...just like state super sites that are outside the 95/81 corridor.

Went back to school and earned my master's in 2006...Athens is a great place.

#8 Carver Academy at #1 Altavista
#5 Northampton at #4 Essex
xxxx
#7 Franklin at #2 Lancaster
#6 Riverheads at #3 Mathews
XXXX
Nothing has been officially released but this is how it looks to me. Wouldn't it be just great if Lancaster and Mathews win in the 1st round and have to go to Cumberland to play!!!!!???? Those 2 are 50 miles apart!!
I thought this year only the championship and consolation games were played at Cumberland????

Quarterfinals at high seeds...semis, consolations and championships ALL being held Cumberland...at very least I thought quarters & semis should have been at high seeds...I think that would have made more money for region AND gives those teams that performed the added incentive.

Reactions: Delantie
They had a contingency plan at least the 2nd years of this current alignment because Surry and CB girls played title game at Lancaster. Last year, Lancaster and Northumberland boys (schools that are 18 miles apart) lost in the semifinals at Cumberland and then had to turn around the next day to play a noon consolation game at Cumberland.
This reminds me of the days of yesteryear when the NND baseball tournament was played at Deltaville. On more than one occasion Rappahannock and Essex (nine miles apart) played the title game there (45 miles from EHS and 54 from RHS) and at least once Rappahannock and Washington & Lee (12 miles apart) played there (66 miles from Montross)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT