Votes: 16 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
Controversy follows Chris Scott, now he's the New Head Coach of the Tigers! He's a great motivator & kids will play hard for him. But, was it a good hire for OFS?

Controversy follows Chris Scott, now he's the New Head Coach of the Tigers! He's a great motivator & kids will play hard for him. But, was it a good hire for OFS?
It was definitely a great hire in terms of wins and losses but as you said, "controversy follows..." so I don't know if it is a good hire in the long term. I also think that the tradition there speaks for itself. Smith has had 4-5 coaches since Coach Morgan yet they have always been a state contender. No offense but, I'm not sure it makes a difference who the coach is.

I would like to have been a fly on the wall as the Principal & AD were discussing this selection! There's little doubt Coach Scott knows how to get the best out of his players. And he seems to put them in the right places.

The players seem to have welcomed him but they've already had one of their top returning players transfer away. Joe Bray to St Francis Academy!! (he lost most of last season with an elbow injury & reclassified to repeat his junior year). That's going to have a significant impact, IMHO.

Facebook followers of this program seem to be equally split as I am about whether Chris Scott was a good hire. VolNation85 is right in that he should be good for the Tiger's win total.

For me to be honest about what the players and their parents are thinking, and I'm sure they're excited. Frankly, their kinda used to the haters and jealousy against them which is common with perinnial powerhouse teams.

Reactions: VolNation85
Blue Horseshoe loves Annocott steel!!

Yes, this is good for OS in the win column and I am sure there will be a windfall of transfers into the program... This trend follows coach Scott at every turn. He Was actually suspended at OL for outright recruiting violations. OS better be real careful... the same team that had a player...play the regular season with a district rival only to have him transfer into OS for a playoff run. Now this?

It is hard to tell who is really a good x’s and o’s coach anymore on a level playing field. The truth is we aren’t on a level playing field so it doesn’t even matter.

From a tone perspective I think it will put OS under a greater magnifine glass. They have a very good organic program and have certainly been the beneficiary of some timely transfers over the years. As most power house programs do bc it is only natural to want to play for a good team. With CS reputation I think it could fairly or unfairly blur the lines of what is happening organically and what is an outright sales pitch.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
I share the same concerns about CS. But, he seems to be able get the most out of his players' abilities and talents. I think that's one of the reasons he attracts kids to want to play for him. Keeping it all clean and transparent WILL be important!

BTW, that late season, playoff transfer was incidental and not many people know about how all that went down. He transferred in order to play for their basketball season & was asked to suit up for FB once the Coaches found out midweek that he was at Smith. So, I think Thursday before the game he started practicing with the team.

The new rule makes sense but Coach Brown (CF) let that situation get bigger than it needed to be. The Eagles lost that game More because they let Smith come back on them. They couldn't stop the run in the last 3rd of the game and their OL tired out in the 4th quarter. They had exactly the same issues in there previous playoff losses to Smith over the years! I do think CF took something out of Smith each game which likely affected those championship games the next week! They really never seemed to be the same team after those CF games.

Reactions: mbonape1
I’ll give the coach a clean slate. Fresh start, he has a talented program already in-house so no need for any funny business

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Who recruits more kids from outside their school’s zone? Oscar Smith or Manchester?

I suspect Coach Scott thinks the Southeastern District principals aren’t on the ball like the Beach District principals were when he was at OLHS. That’s based on his history, but otherwise just my fact-less suspicion.

Who recruits more kids from outside their school’s zone? Oscar Smith or Manchester?

I suspect Coach Scott thinks the Southeastern District principals aren’t on the ball like the Beach District principals were when he was at OLHS. That’s based on his history, but otherwise just my fact-less suspicion.

Manchester just started really... therefore I would say OS.

Manchester just started really... therefore I would say OS.

OS has probably had as many kids transfer out of the program as they have had come into the the school. Occasionally, the media covers those transfers but most of them go unreported.

I was just reading about the Clash of the Titans MVP. Karon Prunty... guess where he transferred.

fromhttps://www.oscarsmithfootball.com/news-and-updates/2018/1/11/all-region-team-announced

They lost their starting Quarterback last year

https://pilotonline.com/sports/high...cle_5eda5cfe-d24a-11e8-bbeb-57b7e8517851.html

The role player that they missed but no one reported about, Tyshawn Blow, transferred to Deep Creek.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT