ADVERTISEMENT

West girls

Dec 11, 2016
I think my user name will tell how I feel. Hey there's nothing wrong with liking your own people correct ? How does everyone else see the west this year? Any sleepers I'm missing out on ? I have

1. Chiswell
2. GW
3.Honaker
4. PM
5. Burton
6. Eastside

I've got

1 GW
2 Chiswell
3 Burton
4 Pm
5 honaker
6 Burton

Honaker beat Chiswell but I'm not convinced they are a contender. GW made quick work of them

Yeah Narrows is doing pretty well. They must have an athletic group of girls in there right now. Other than that, I think your list is spot on. Honestly, it is too early to rank them above "Contender" and "Others". I like to wait about 8 games before really putting a little number beside a team. (In all sports other than football of course)

Yeah Narrows is doing pretty well. They must have an athletic group of girls in there right now. Other than that, I think your list is spot on. Honestly, it is too early to rank them above "Contender" and "Others". I like to wait about 8 games before really putting a little number beside a team. (In all sports other than football of course)

Sorry I meant to have narrows as my 6th. I listed Burton 2 times.

I did just hear on Tuesday night at the GW Game from a coach that's been around the game for 25 years that the PM team has every kid back from last year and they basically we're all freshman last year ? He said they had a few upper class kids and had a couple seniors last year but they were more less role players and the freshman who are now sophomores made the real difference . If that's true then that's amazing . That group went to the final 4 last season. I still have GW coming out of the west but I think this may be the most talent west single A has ever seen.
Watch out for chilhowie as well. I just saw them play last week and they are getting strong in a quick way.

We played them in west region playoffs last year and beat them pretty good. I know they are young but I didn't realize the freshman where basically carrying them. I bet they are better this year. I also have us and GW as still being top 2. I just have in a different order
Chiswell then GW. Lol

PM is in narrows conference. I bet that will be a great match up. I'm hearing narrows is much better this year

PM girls have 7 so. 2 jr. and 1sr. The 2 juniors start and the rest is sophomores

Are you from that area frosty?

The information I got was from a coach that now recruits. He said he's followed that group in Summer's for a few years now and that the team was flat out freshman driven last year. He said they have a couple other uppers that can play the game to but said you could put 5 sophomores on the court at any given time and be as good as anyone in the east or west.
I ask him if he thought GW would get them this year and he responded that he thought maybe so but don't count PM out,

I know chiswinstate won't like this but I think GW is better than fort this year and if fort can beat PM then I think GW will be fine.

No matter how you look at it sounds like PM is young and impressive though. GW girls are grinders . They work and don't take anyone for granted. I state again what I said earlier. It appears the single A west division is the best it's been in years.

I'm sure if the other uppers start then they are good to. I'm not trying to start any trouble here. I just enjoy watching and talking about basketball. I have 2 daughters that played and now have 5 grand daughters that all play at different levels. Sounds like really good west girls basketball is on our way.

I'm from the area there are a lot of times it's all sophomores on the court the one senior doesn't play much the 2 juniors start and play big PM has 7 sophomores so there will be a lot of times you will see all sophomores on the court

Are you from that area frosty?

The information I got was from a coach that now recruits. He said he's followed that group in Summer's for a few years now and that the team was flat out freshman driven last year. He said they have a couple other uppers that can play the game to but said you could put 5 sophomores on the court at any given time and be as good as anyone in the east or west.
I ask him if he thought GW would get them this year and he responded that he thought maybe so but don't count PM out,

I know chiswinstate won't like this but I think GW is better than fort this year and if fort can beat PM then I think GW will be fine.

No matter how you look at it sounds like PM is young and impressive though. GW girls are grinders . They work and don't take anyone for granted. I state again what I said earlier. It appears the single A west division is the best it's been in years.

Wait s minute. That's the lady blue team that plays summers at spectrum ? My daughter played them a couple different years and they killed her team . Which was a good team. I didn't realize that was the same group.
They didn't look like that against fort in playoffs last year. But maybe they don't have the entire group together yet.
I still like our chances no matter what because our speed And remember GW we did take 2 of 3 from you last year. Lol JK

Wait s minute. That's the lady blue team that plays summers at spectrum ? My daughter played them a couple different years and they killed her team . Which was a good team. I didn't realize that was the same group.
They didn't look like that against fort in playoffs last year. But maybe they don't have the entire group together yet.
I still like our chances no matter what because our speed And remember GW we did take 2 of 3 from you last year. Lol JK

I'm not sure if that's the same group I'm going off second hand info. All I've heard is the Pm group plays summers for several years and was gonna be lights out .

And I still like GW over fort lol

I'm not sure if that's the same group I'm going off second hand info. All I've heard is the Pm group plays summers for several years and was gonna be lights out .

And I still like GW over fort lol

I'm not 100 percent sure either and many summer teams have a player or two from other schools. Either way I really believe it's still coming down to fort and GW. Based off last year I can still see PM and narrows being close .

No matter I agree with you GW. The west certainly seems strong. For basketball lovers this will be fun

I went to watch some friends kids play when Stuart's Draft played PM. Drafts team is pretty solid and they did beat the PM team. I have watched the PM girls play during the summer in tourneys and they have beat almost all the teams up here many times. I still think our lady's in Riverheads are being overlooked by the east teams.

I went to watch some friends kids play when Stuart's Draft played PM. Drafts team is pretty solid and they did beat the PM team. I have watched the PM girls play during the summer in tourneys and they have beat almost all the teams up here many times. I still think our lady's in Riverheads are being overlooked by the east teams.

I'm trying to find out more about the east teams. On another post I started I didn't see where they listed you as a top 6 . So it does appear your being over looked. Unfortunately Fort doesn't get the chance to be overlooked this season. We are mostly seniors and expected to be a final 3 team from the west.

I will say from the sound of things the west will be sending 3 strong teams your way. Good luck river head fan

River head fan. Sounds like Surry is a big time talent in your east. So far no surprises here in the west.

River head fan. Sounds like Surry is a big time talent in your east. So far no surprises here in the west.

I think honaker beating us was a surprise. Quite frankly I thought GW and Chiswell would easily roll to the final 4 . The west is shaping up to be much tougher than I originally thought.

I hate long breaks. We play on 22nd. I would like to see the girls get on track. Our scores look good but I'm not sure we are playing as good as capable. Thursday night I'd like to see a complete game.

I think honaker beating us was a surprise. Quite frankly I thought GW and Chiswell would easily roll to the final 4 . The west is shaping up to be much tougher than I originally thought.

Ok chiswinstate I will cast the first stone. I didn't see honaker as a surprise. I realize you took 2 of 3 from GW last year but I really don't think you match up well with us this go around. I'm actually more concerned with the east at this point . On another thread it appears Surry may be very good.

No sir I'm not claiming victory for our girls in the west but I do believe they should come out of it. We will battle all year chiswinstate or really let's face it. Our little girls will be the ones in battle. It's gonna be a fun year

Reactions: afitnupe75
Congratulations to the Lady Blues Basketball team on winning the tournament they played in in Florida. Way to represent not only PMHS the city of Buena Vista your families but also the state of Virginia. Congrats and Go Blue

Reactions: afitnupe75
Congrats. I have seen those girls play many summers and they are the real deal. They are an aggressive bunch of girls. They created a lot of turnovers with their tough nose defense. One of if not the best defensive teams I have seen.

Ok chiswinstate I will cast the first stone. I didn't see honaker as a surprise. I realize you took 2 of 3 from GW last year but I really don't think you match up well with us this go around. I'm actually more concerned with the east at this point . On another thread it appears Surry may be very good.

No sir I'm not claiming victory for our girls in the west but I do believe they should come out of it. We will battle all year chiswinstate or really let's face it. Our little girls will be the ones in battle. It's gonna be a fun year

I'm fine with you casting the first stone but understand our girls will be casting the final stone . Lol

I'm fine with you casting the first stone but understand our girls will be casting the final stone . Lol

Technically you already cast the first stone young man. Lol. I know we are both somewhat taking the high road and being careful as to what we are saying. However I guess it's just that time of year to drop the cute talk. Chiswell girls are intimidated by GW. I believe last years games were a fluke. I think GW will pound chiswell inside and win very easy. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Technically you already cast the first stone young man. Lol. I know we are both somewhat taking the high road and being careful as to what we are saying. However I guess it's just that time of year to drop the cute talk. Chiswell girls are intimidated by GW. I believe last years games were a fluke. I think GW will pound chiswell inside and win very easy. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Wow !! You are getting a little fired up aren't you GW69. I will agree with you that GW slows Chiswell down and FORT can't run like we want to . But I don't think our girls are intimidated by anyone. Every girl on the team plays hard and fast. Many people will be watching come 1/13 on a Friday night. I have a feeling Fort will make a powerful statement that night.

Wow !! You are getting a little fired up aren't you GW69. I will agree with you that GW slows Chiswell down and FORT can't run like we want to . But I don't think our girls are intimidated by anyone. Every girl on the team plays hard and fast. Many people will be watching come 1/13 on a Friday night. I have a feeling Fort will make a powerful statement that night.

No I'm not that fired up at all right now. At my age getting fired up can be costly. I assume your a young man or at least younger than me. I make this assumption based on the fact that hardly no one I know that's my age keeps up with chat boards or even knows how to turn a computer on.

GW has a strong competitor tonight that will be a good test. I believe our girls will win but it should be a good match up.

Yes I know we have y'all on Friday the 13th.
FORT is looking impressive but your not playing much right now.

No I'm not that fired up at all right now. At my age getting fired up can be costly. I assume your a young man or at least younger than me. I make this assumption based on the fact that hardly no one I know that's my age keeps up with chat boards or even knows how to turn a computer on.

GW has a strong competitor tonight that will be a good test. I believe our girls will win but it should be a good match up.

Yes I know we have y'all on Friday the 13th.
FORT is looking impressive but your not playing much right now.

I was just looking at scores and must have seen a misprint . 64-45 LB wins ? GW 69 are you ok ? What happened ? Is LB that good or did you guys play bad ?

I was just looking at scores and must have seen a misprint . 64-45 LB wins ? GW 69 are you ok ? What happened ? Is LB that good or did you guys play bad ?

Ok smarty tale I guess I deserve your comments. I completely underestimated the LB team. I wasn't able to go but was told that LB was very fast and very talented.
We also didn't play well. We didn't hit shots that we normally hit. I'm hoping to watch the hand on tape this week. From what I understand we just couldn't do anything right.

At least we are playing good teams
Nice win over Grahm. He he he just poking at you .

Ok smarty tale I guess I deserve your comments. I completely underestimated the LB team. I wasn't able to go but was told that LB was very fast and very talented.
We also didn't play well. We didn't hit shots that we normally hit. I'm hoping to watch the hand on tape this week. From what I understand we just couldn't do anything right.

At least we are playing good teams
Nice win over Grahm. He he he just poking at you .

Smarty tale ? That's really mean words lol.
Agree Graham ( spelled GrahAm ) is not that strong but Fort played a solid well rounded game . Our girls are heating up.
I've heard the LB team is a strong D 3 team. So I'm not gonna pick on GW losing that game much. However I will suggest that IMO Fort is the clear front runner in the west right now.

I don't think GW is what people are saying. They are weaker then in past years, I see them being bounced early in post season play. I have seen them play several games this year and they just don't have it. The girls program will take a hit after this year just because of how things are done there.
George Wythe Lady Maroons will be a disappoint this year and many years to come if they are thinking state title. It takes more to win then just some talent; no true superstars around this part of the county.

Last edited:
Smarty tale ? That's really mean words lol.
Agree Graham ( spelled GrahAm ) is not that strong but Fort played a solid well rounded game . Our girls are heating up.
I've heard the LB team is a strong D 3 team. So I'm not gonna pick on GW losing that game much. However I will suggest that IMO Fort is the clear front runner in the west right now.

Ok Fortwinstate

I will give you a slight edge right now because my girls lost a couple. However they are playing strong programs. I still have GW making some major noise this year.

2 kings

Yes we have plenty of work ahead of us. This will be our last shot for a few years. However I disagree about an early exit in playoffs.

Ok Fortwinstate

I will give you a slight edge right now because my girls lost a couple. However they are playing strong programs. I still have GW making some major noise this year.

2 kings

Yes we have plenty of work ahead of us. This will be our last shot for a few years. However I disagree about an early exit in playoffs.

Finally we agree on something. ( fort having the edge that is )

Nice win tonight for our ladies. West region take notice narrows green wave are legit this year. Most improved team I've seen. Not bad at all. Fort was hot from outside tonight and that was the major difference.

GW69. Where you been. I didn't scare you off did I ?

Finally we agree on something. ( fort having the edge that is )

Nice win tonight for our ladies. West region take notice narrows green wave are legit this year. Most improved team I've seen. Not bad at all. Fort was hot from outside tonight and that was the major difference.

GW69. Where you been. I didn't scare you off did I ?

Let's say I was out of service for a week.
I slipped and fell the other week and spent a few days at the rehab center. The only person that enjoyed it was my wife. I need to purchase a smart phone so I can keep up to date with everything. The problem is I'm afraid the phone will be to smart for me . All I have is my computer but at least I know how to use it. I've enjoyed debating with you CHISwinstate. You haven't ran me off.

Looks like fort is playing quite well. I still think GW is stronger than some are suggesting.

Let's say I was out of service for a week.
I slipped and fell the other week and spent a few days at the rehab center. The only person that enjoyed it was my wife. I need to purchase a smart phone so I can keep up to date with everything. The problem is I'm afraid the phone will be to smart for me . All I have is my computer but at least I know how to use it. I've enjoyed debating with you CHISwinstate. You haven't ran me off.

Looks like fort is playing quite well. I still think GW is stronger than some are suggesting.

GW is very poorly coached.

GW is very poorly coached.

I've been around the game of basketball for many moons . I have a very close friend that was a coach and now is a recruiter. He and I both are of the opinion that coach sutphin is doing a good job with these young ladies. I still feel like this will be the year to make a great run.

I've been around the game of basketball for many moons . I have a very close friend that was a coach and now is a recruiter. He and I both are of the opinion that coach sutphin is doing a good job with these young ladies. I still feel like this will be the year to make a great run.

Bradley Sutphin has been gone from GW since 2012. I am not sure what you and the recruiter could be talking about. You don't seem to know much about the team? The coach is Doug Campbell and they are very poorly coached. GW69 I think you must have hit your head when you fell!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT