ADVERTISEMENT

West girls

GW has put all their eggs in the basket, I think the basket has a big hole in the bottom of it thou. Next years team will be better than this years and they will be starting three freshman just saying!
I think my user name will tell how I feel. Hey there's nothing wrong with liking your own people correct ? How does everyone else see the west this year? Any sleepers I'm missing out on ? I have

1. Chiswell
2. GW
3.Honaker
4. PM
5. Burton
6. Eastside

1.PM team to beat this year in the west
..GW one of three teams competing for the 4th spot in the west
3.Narrows only lose to FC and beat Bland
4.Bland don't overlook the bears
..Galax freshman stud at guard and #40 as solid as they come
2.FC the mountain empire is loaded
Eastside, Honaker, JI Burton, and Chilhowie are not on the same level as the teams listed above, Rural Retreat should be one of these 2nd level teams

Last edited:
Bradley Sutphin has been gone from GW since 2012. I am not sure what you and the recruiter could be talking about. You don't seem to know much about the team? The coach is Doug Campbell and they are very poorly coached. GW69 I think you must have hit your head when you fell!

Ok you got me the majority of my information comes from a good friend of mine that lives in the gyms. Once as a coach now as a part time ref part time retiree. He refs summer ball and HS ball and helps recruit for a place. I live further down south now days and can't make the games I use to. I've had kids and grandkids at different times come along many of them went GW. Yes I was a regular attendee a few years back but now try to keep up with the girls on line more than anywhere. I get to many games and love going but more so a little further south. I do plan to attend the next couple GW home games if I'm able.

And yes yes I know sutphin was gone. He coached the last time I had a granddaughter playing and his name was stuck in my head.
My good friend believes our current coach Campbell handles his team well. You seem well connected so I'm not debating against your opinion. I guess depending on how it all shakes out we will determine how the coach did. I currently have another granddaughter at the elementary level . I hope to return to being a regular attendee soon. Until then I do lean heavily on my friend for the inside scoop. I assure you he's usually correct on his assessments .

GW has put all their eggs in the basket, I think the basket has a big hole in the bottom of it thou. Next years team will be better than this years and they will be starting three freshman just saying!

1.PM team to beat this year in the west
2.FC the mountain empire is loaded
3.Narrows only lose to FC and beat Bland
4.Bland don't overlook the bears
..Galax freshman stud at guard and #40 as solid as they come
..GW one of three teams competing for the 4th spot in the west and will play Galax today

Eastside, Honaker, JI Burton, and Chilhowie are not on the same level as the teams listed above, Rural Retreat should be one of these 2nd level teams

I've personally attended several honaker games. I agree with you they don't appear to be in the mix with the top tier teams. I believe chiswinstate has them way overrated because that was chiswells only loss

So we have listened to you talk about GW like you are at every game and give "your" opinion on other teams like you've seen them play and you are sitting at home listening to your referee/recruiter friend like it's your opinion? That's pretty pathetic to talk about others teams like you've seen them play.

So we have listened to you talk about GW like you are at every game and give "your" opinion on other teams like you've seen them play and you are sitting at home listening to your referee/recruiter friend like it's your opinion? That's pretty pathetic to talk about others teams like you've seen them play.

I get to as many games as I can I've just been guilty as far as not making to many GW games the past few years. I've always kept up with basketball and enjoy chatting about it. I've made many games this year but most being more south of wythevile. I hope to become a regular attendee soon as GW is where my heart is.

Look gentlemen I'm extremely sorry if I've caused tension. I use to post a few years back and during playoff time things got a little heated. I don't enjoy rude debates unless they are intended to poke fun. So I apologize if anyone is taking me out of context. Good luck to all of you.

I still think based on things I'm hearing and some of which I'm seeing that GW has a good chance this year.

Take care gentlemen

Dang it GW69 I take a couple days off from posting and your under fire. Do you need my protection ? Sounds like we have GW right where we want you. Your bickering with one another.

Hey I'm here if you need me bro.

Riverheads fan. Looks like your girls got a big win tonight . Did you get to see it ?
You said those girls are the real deal a couple weeks ago I'm starting to think your right

Dang it GW69 I take a couple days off from posting and your under fire. Do you need my protection ? Sounds like we have GW right where we want you. Your bickering with one another.

Hey I'm here if you need me bro.

Riverheads fan. Looks like your girls got a big win tonight . Did you get to see it ?
You said those girls are the real deal a couple weeks ago I'm starting to think your right

I've enjoyed our debates Chiswell. However it appears I've upset some people. That's never my intentions. I think it's best to take a break.

I've enjoyed our debates Chiswell. However it appears I've upset some people. That's never my intentions. I think it's best to take a break.

Take a break ? Learn to roll with the flow GW
seems you can give it a little but can't take it. I'm sorry the forum has claimed a soul. I guess I will have to pick on some other people. Take care

People take this crap to serious. Talk crap have a good time doing it. At the very end of the day, none of it matters anyway.

I will agree with that, stop the transition offense of Fort and you win. Watching their half court offense is like watching pond water. No movement what so ever.

I will agree with that, stop the transition offense of Fort and you win. Watching their half court offense is like watching pond water. No movement what so ever.
GW has no ball handler it seemed. Their size maybe was a factor, but the first half the fort went up 18-8 and looked ok but they could not score running that offense.

We are missing dunford. I agree we need major work on half court offense. Teams that get back and doesn't press us are very smart. But with Dunford on the court we are a different team. I'm very concerned about her coming back. I've heard she's coming back in a few weeks but I'm hearing she's not gonna be the same for a while? I'm not sure. All I know is we need her.

GW handled them rather easy tonight, neither looked like state champs. PM still the best I have seen this year

We beat PM rather easy last year. They are up tempo and really play into our hands. I still think the west is a two headed monster. Fort and GW.

GW just over powered us and stopped our running in the second half. A healthy Dunford with some shots falling could change it back to our favor.

Who did you see PM play ? I haven't seen them this year yet. I'm basing my opinion off last year. I thought they graduated some kids? Others on the board say many are back

PM only lost one player due to graduation. They start 1 senior 1 junior and three sophomores. There bench is deep they are all sophomores and 1 junior.

At the Jayden Baker Tournament, they played Amherst County & Stuarts Draft; they lost to Stuarts Draft. PM (12-1) winning by 44.2 pts a game. If nothing else they are putting up good number. 1/21 play Jefferson Forest

Last edited:
At the Jayden Baker Tournament, they played Amherst County & Stuarts Draft; they lost to Stuarts Draft. PM (12-1) winning by 44.2 pts a game. If nothing else they are putting up good number. 1/21 play Jefferson Forest

I've followed their scores. I have to question some of the competition. But I agree the scoring averages are pretty strong. Will Jefferson forest be a good team ? I've never even heard of them. I'm wanting see a PM game. I was planning to wait until conference round games . Maybe I will target Jefferson forest . That's a Saturday which may work.
PM is about 2 hours from where I live I believe.

I've followed their scores. I have to question some of the competition. But I agree the scoring averages are pretty strong. Will Jefferson forest be a good team ? I've never even heard of them. I'm wanting see a PM game. I was planning to wait until conference round games . Maybe I will target Jefferson forest . That's a Saturday which may work.
PM is about 2 hours from where I live I believe.
Glenvar and Stuarts Draft are the only teams they have played this year. JF (10-1) is 4a I think, that will be their only test remaining, that game is at 11:45 Rockbridge County High School 1/21.

Last edited:
2KINGS4's TOP TEN as of 1/17
1A West Girls key games remaining

1 PM 12-1 vs Jefferson Forest
2 GW 10-3 vs Galax , FC
3 FC 9-2 vs Narrows, Galax , GW , Bland
4 Rye Cove 9-4 vs JI Burton
5 Narrows 12-2 vs FC , Galax , Bland
6 Galax 6-5 vs GW , FC , Narrows , Bland , GC
7 Holston 9-5 vs PH , Honaker
8 Bland 8-5 vs GW , FC , Narrows , Galax
9 J I Burton 7-7 vs Rye Cove
10 PH 6-5 vs Holston , Honaker

2KINGS4's TOP TEN as of 1/17
1A West Girls key games remaining

1 PM 12-1 vs Jefferson Forest
2 GW 10-3 vs Galax , FC
3 FC 9-2 vs Narrows, Galax , GW , Bland
4 Rye Cove 9-4 vs JI Burton
5 Narrows 12-2 vs FC , Galax , Bland
6 Galax 6-5 vs GW , FC , Narrows , Bland , GC
7 Holston 9-5 vs PH , Honaker
8 Bland 8-5 vs GW , FC , Narrows , Galax
9 J I Burton 7-7 vs Rye Cove
10 PH 6-5 vs Holston , Honaker

Good list. Of course I will switch FC and PM spots . I also have narrows ahead of Rye cove but I agree Rye cove is surprising this year. Overall looks like a solid list

Fort has a lot of 3 point shooters but they never play inside out. Pass around the outside until someone gets a shot. Then Jones cleans up. I just think with all that talent, it could be used a lot better. Just my observation but WTH do I know. LoL

Reactions: chiswinstate
2K4's 1A GIRLS B-BALL TOP TEN
1.Surry Co..-
2.Parry McCluer..-
3.George Wythe..-
4.Fort Chiswell+1

5.Colonial Beach+3
6.Narrows+1
7.Rappahannock-3
8.Rye Cove-2
9.Galax+1
10.Riverheads+2