ADVERTISEMENT

Westfield 56 - Oakton 0

falcettik

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 3, 2004
Well, there is not much to say about this game so a quick summary and then a recap of the scores will have to suffice. Westfield outgained Oakton 510-30 (approximate yardage), began liberally substituting in the 2nd quarter, and received touchdowns from seven different players (including two on the defensive side of the ball) to overwhelm Oakton.

Moses-19 INT return for a TD, 7-0 (Nugent XP), 8:21 1st
Richards-31 yard pass from Kim, 14-0 (Nugent XP), 5:32 1st
Hinton-45 INT return for a TD, 21-0 (Nugent XP), 3:06 1st
Morin-40 yard run, 28-0 (Nugent XP), 0:21 1st
Goodman-24 yard run, 35-0 (Nugent XP), 8:50 2nd
Richie-50 yard run, 42-0 (Fahmy XP), 0:00 2nd
Mansapit-34 yard run, 49-0 (Nugent XP), 4:12 3rd
Richie-62 yard run, 56-0 (Fahmy XP), 3:46 4th

Next week is a huge showdown with rival Centreville. Both teams are 7-0 and the game will probably not only determine who wins the Concorde District, but almost certainly the winner of next week's game will earn the #1 playoff seed in Region 6D. Note: I did not run the full numbers and Centreville still has to play Madison the final week of the regular season, but WF and CV are currently 1-2 in Region 6D by a comfortable margin over current #3 MAD.

Last edited:
Are Westfield players wearing new jerseys? Those black jerseys with white sleeves. Isn't it unusual to get new jerseys in the 8th week of the season?

Are Westfield players wearing new jerseys? Those black jerseys with white sleeves. Isn't it unusual to get new jerseys in the 8th week of the season?
I believe you will not see those again. I am not 100% positive, but I believe they were jerseys the players could keep for Homecoming, as they had the player's name on the back and WF does not use names on jerseys. They did it last year also.

Riche-50 yard run, 42-0 (Fahmy XP), 0:00 2nd
Riche-62 yard run, 56-0 (Nugent XP), 3:46 4th

Who is this Michael Riche? According to The Washington Post stats, he ran twice for 111 yards, first for 50 yards for TD in 2nd Qtr and second for 61 yards for TD in 4th Qtr. Is this a new running back from the freshman/JV team?

Daniels and Asante didn't get a rushing TD last night. Daniels ran 3 times for 35 yards.

Who is this Michael Riche? According to The Washington Post stats, he ran twice for 111 yards, first for 50 yards for TD in 2nd Qtr and second for 61 yards for TD in 4th Qtr. Is this a new running back from the freshman/JV team?

Daniels and Asante didn't get a rushing TD last night. Daniels ran 3 times for 35 yards.
1. First of all, don't rely on WAPO stats. They have been wrong far, far too often and at least twice this season they have had identical (and incorrect) stats listed for two different players, including last night, where they list Richards with the same numbers for runs/yards/tds as Richie, and Richards is a receiver who had zero runs and only caught one pass, a 31 yard TD. That error also skews the total yards listed. You can only get the most basic information from WAPO stats.
2. Asante is almost exclusively a LB at this point and WF relies on Daniel to run the ball. Asante has gotten some carries in specific situations, since he is a different type of runner than Daniel, but as long as Daniel performs I don't think we will see Asante running the ball much.
3. Richie (JR) has sort of exploded on the scene this year, IMO. I am not sure if he is getting carries on the JVs or not (only because I do not track the JVs and FR as closely as the varsity) or if he is varsity only behind Daniel/Asante on the depth chart. At any rate, he has performed very well and is quite fast.

Last edited:
Patriot had their Homecoming last night and played with 15 kids suspended, many of them starters and contributors.

If Patriot could get out of their own way they could get over the playoff hump and make a long run.

1. First of all, don't rely on WAPO stats. They have been wrong far, far too often and at least twice this season they have had identical (and incorrect) stats listed for two different players, including last night, where they list Richards with the same numbers for runs/yards/tds as Richie, and Richards is a receiver who had zero runs and only caught one pass, a 31 yard TD. That error also skews the total yards listed. You can only get the most basic information from WAPO stats.
2. Asante is almost exclusively a LB at this point and WF relies on Daniel to run the ball. Asante has gotten some carries in specific situations, since he is a different type of runner than Daniel, but as long as Daniel performs I don't think we will see Asante running the ball much.
3. Richie (JR) has sort of exploded on the scene this year, IMO. I am not sure if he is getting carries on the JVs or not (only because I do not track the JVs and FR as closely as the varsity) or if he is varsity only behind Daniel/Asante on the depth chart. At any rate, he has performed very well and is quite fast.

Thanks very much for the clarifications!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT