ADVERTISEMENT

Woodbridge @ Hylton this Friday

GurskyT

VaPreps All Region
Aug 11, 2005
Nice rivalry match up this week with both teams coming into this game at 3-1. Hylton owns a five game winning streak as Woodbridge has not won this game since 2009. Regardless of which team has been up or down in the past though this is almost always a physical game and that should not be any different on Friday with both teams looking more even this year. Hylton won the last two games by a large margin but the 2012 game was a classic, I look for a much closer game this year.

Hylton and Woodbridge both have a good cast of skill players, especially on the offensive side of the ball, but I think this game will be won in "the trenches" while each team will have to be disciplined on defense to limit the big play opportunities.

One of the more interesting games of the weekend as a Woodbridge win could symbolize that they are further along than most believe while Hylton still has to wipe away the memory of their 28-0 loss to Battlefield.

Should be one that tells us a lot about both programs.

This game is way too early in the season. There were years that this game and G-F would be back to back. I had to take a double take on the schedule because it seemed odd. I guess the AD didn't want to use it for homecoming.

TGursky is right, throw the records out when these two get together.

Penalties are not a rarity at Hylton! I was surprised though that the game went that direction in the second half. It was just about as even as you get in the first half, both teams kind of canceled each other out. Slade's 80 yard touchdown was ridiculous, he has some serious speed.

Penalties are not a rarity at Hylton! I was surprised though that the game went that direction in the second half. It was just about as even as you get in the first half, both teams kind of canceled each other out. Slade's 80 yard touchdown was ridiculous, he has some serious speed.

Slade's run made The Washington Post video in plays of the week....it was pretty impressive.
Battlefield is slipping, Hylton probably would have won that one with a full squad. I still think you need to have depth, especially with how long the playoffs are now. I am not sure Hylton has that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT