ADVERTISEMENT

“The matchup” Dan River at Martinsville

Who y’all got?

• Dan River

• Martinsville

Results are only viewable after voting.
I believe DR will take this one. I'm not sure how Martinsville's depth is and with their big guy going down I think that will be the difference. I'll also go ahead and let it be known that DR will also win Saturday!! Radford has been anointed king for Region C from day 1 but they will get a true welcoming party to 2a on Saturday. If I'm wrong though, oh well won't be the first time.

I believe DR will take this one. I'm not sure how Martinsville's depth is and with their big guy going down I think that will be the difference. I'll also go ahead and let it be known that DR will also win Saturday!! Radford has been anointed king for Region C from day 1 but they will get a true welcoming party to 2a on Saturday. If I'm wrong though, oh well won't be the first time.
Same here brother. Dawgs will be a huge task but I believe if DR wins Friday then they also take Radford.

Reactions: Buc101
Yeah it's going to be a real uphill battle. Dogs are going to be going " bear hunting with a swich" as my grandpa used to say. Hope we can stay within 25.

I'm glad this game is on a neutral court....should make the game much more interesting.

Yeah +28 at a neutral site is not good. Means we would +24 or 25 at home and it would probably be off the board at DR. A snowball would have a better chance in h*** than the Dogs do Friday

The game being played at Magna Vista is very fortunate for Dan River. It's hard to win in the Martinsville Middle School gym. It's intimidating to kids. The banners, the fans yelling and screaming at you, and the bleachers are so close to the court. Very tough place to play. Dan River lucked out! Dawgs won't be blown out, don't care if they start 3 4th graders from Albert Harris.

The game being played at Magna Vista is very fortunate for Dan River. It's hard to win in the Martinsville Middle School gym. It's intimidating to kids. The banners, the fans yelling and screaming at you, and the bleachers are so close to the court. Very tough place to play. Dan River lucked out! Dawgs won't be blown out, don't care if they start 3 4th graders from Albert Harris.

Yeah all this woe is me, we will be lucky to stay within 25 stuff is hilarious. Martinsville is one of the most respected and consistent basketball teams in the state, I have a hard time believing anyone is gonna beat them by 25.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Whoever wins this game will beat Radford on Saturday. I can tell you talking to some people. There is fear from the Wildcats about playing the DAWGS. Anyway I pick Martinsville to win if their post player is healthy to play. If not Dan River by 7-10 points and then they beat Radford by 15+

Whoever wins this game will beat Radford on Saturday. I can tell you talking to some people. There is fear from the Wildcats about playing the DAWGS. Anyway I pick Martinsville to win if their post player is healthy to play. If not Dan River by 7-10 points and then they beat Radford by 15+
Mamba what do you think of DR this year? I haven't seen any of the local teams play this season. Looks to me that Bryson McLaughlin has upped his game. I see where he’s walking on to play football at Virginia Tech.

Gosh DSH, you get blasted when you brag on your team and tell everybody how good they are, then you get called out if you undersell them and build up their opponent. Durn you cant win. Oh and we got some pretty good 4th graders from Albert Harris who could help us, but they won't let them use the 8 ft goals we play with on Sat mornings

Gosh DSH, you get blasted when you brag on your team and tell everybody how good they are, then you get called out if you undersell them and build up their opponent. Durn you cant win. Oh and we got some pretty good 4th graders from Albert Harris who could help us, but they won't let them use the 8 ft goals we play with on Sat mornings
Y’all will have another Beamer soon. May be the best Beamer yet...SCARY to think!

Whoever wins this game will beat Radford on Saturday. I can tell you talking to some people. There is fear from the Wildcats. Anyway I pick Martinsville to win if their post player is healthy to play. If not Dan River by 7-10 points and then they beat Radford by 15+
Mamba what do you think of DR this year? I haven't seen any of the local teams play this season. Looks to me that Bryson McLaughlin has upped his game. I see where he’s walking on to play football at Virginia Tech.
i think they were clearly the best team around here locally wasn’t much going to compete with them but Martinsville plays there kyrptonite 2-3 zone and they play it very well. Dan river also has a problem staying in front of quick guards. They reach a lot and refs don’t call their reach-ins around here. Catch them on a bad shooting night and they can be beat. Bryson has a lot of energy and plays hard and well just playing out of position. A true post player could expose him. But there are none of those in 2A basketball

i think they were clearly the best team around here locally wasn’t much going to compete with them but Martinsville plays there kyrptonite 2-3 zone and they play it very well. Dan river also has a problem staying in front of quick guards. They reach a lot and refs don’t call their reach-ins around here. Catch them on a bad shooting night and they can be beat. Bryson has a lot of energy and plays hard and well just playing out of position. A true post player could expose him. But there are none of those in 2A basketball
Bryson wasn’t aggressive last year. I’m happy to see him toughen up. Got a chance to ball with him last summer and he’s on his way. Great kid. I’m expecting a good one. Whoever wins beats Radford by double digits.

So how is the state tournament set up? The loser of this game is done? That sucks, shame that a lesser region sends two teams that aren't as good as Radford/DR/MHS while one of those is sent home. Region D has two great teams, Region C has three, I know of one in Region B, what about A?

So how is the state tournament set up? The loser of this game is done? That sucks, shame that a lesser region sends two teams that aren't as good as Radford/DR/MHS while one of those is sent home. Region D has two great teams, Region C has three, I know of one in Region B, what about A?

But doesn't that happen in cycles it seems?

Just so happens that C/D is loaded this particular season - and it's unfortunate that this does happen.

In a perfect world, I wish they could 'somehow' SEED the teams come tournament time - but I know that's asking a lot.

Just so happens that C/D is loaded this particular season - and it's unfortunate that this does happen.

In a perfect world, I wish they could 'somehow' SEED the teams come tournament time - but I know that's asking a lot.

Yeah it's def cyclical, but Region C is usually always loaded with 2-3 great teams. I guess you could do PowerPoints like in football but that brings it's own problems and still only sends one team per region to the final four.

If any of these 2 teams win this game by more than 20 points, I picking the one that wins to win the state championship. To much tradition and talent on the court, and especially with a rivalry, if one of these teams wins this game by 20 or more points, I am just unable to believe that any other team in the state will beat them.

DSH, little Beamer is a "playa". He and about for or five more are making the future look pretty bright for the Dogs. The Saturday morning youth league is something to watch. Gym is packed, 8 games each Sat, 2 games going on at a time. If you think the Doghouse rocks on Friday night's you ought to see it on Sat mornings. Guess that's why the Dogs are competitive year in and year out

DSH, little Beamer is a "playa". He and about for or five more are making the future look pretty bright for the Dogs. The Saturday morning youth league is something to watch. Gym is packed, 8 games each Sat, 2 games going on at a time. If you think the Doghouse rocks on Friday night's you ought to see it on Sat mornings. Guess that's why the Dogs are competitive year in and year out
It’s always like that in the city of Martinsville and Danville. If only the Danville boys took the same pride that the boys in Martinsville take, we’d have quite of few championships.

How can you sell Radford short? They're undefeated, 2 time defending state champs, and alot of talent on that team. No one is taking them lightly. DR and Mavahi will fight it out to see who can get to the regional finals then they'll turn their attention to Radford or Glenvar

That would make too much sense...

AND make the majority of folks east of Roanoke cry like babies when they have to come to SWVA. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT