ADVERTISEMENT

#16 Waynesboro 32 #1Hidden Valley 7 -4th qtr

Re: Final- Waynesboro 46 Hidden Valley 15

How bout them Little Giants!!!!! Shocked the state

I guess all that useless chatter about limiting the field to 12 seeds rather than 16 is now dead for eternity.

WOW! Congrats Waynesboro that is awesome. Was wondering when we would see one of these!

Still don't like 16 teams though haha call me a debbie downer, but I can't accept seeing 4-6 teams, or 5-5 teams in the playoffs. Just doesn't and I don't think it ever will feel right.

Coach McDaniel is an excellent coach. That makes two bad programs he's turned around in the last 10 years.

Very proud of #16 Waynesboro Little Giants

That program has really turned things around and they have made their community proud, regardless of what happens the rest of the year. Congrats toCoach Mac and the rest of his staff as well as the players who have made this possible.

FootballDad2, my sentiments exactly. I don't have a problem with a 6-4 or 5-5 team but there has to be a cut off at some point. A 1-9 or 2-8 team makes the playoff? Doesn't happen in any other sport. VHSL could cut the playoffs to three weeks but I guess they would miss out on two weeks of gate fees!

It happens in every other sport, in fact all teams make the conference playoffs in every other sport. Football is the only sport you have to play your way into the postseason in VHSL.

Just a tremendous win. Doesn't get much better than this. Well done Waynesboro.

I fail to see why an upset in the playoffs changes whether or not one thinks more than half the teams should make the playoffs. Upsets will always happen, but statistically you can't make any decision based on one outlier (unless you're a politician).

Great win! I love an underdog but...

Could you guys PLEASE consider changing your nickname to something else? I hear "Little Giants" and it reminds me of that terrible movie from 1994 with Rick Moranis with the little kids tripping over themselves running through the banner. Like the Bad News Bears of parks and recreation football.

Again, I love a good underdog and that's what makes sports exciting but that nickname...SMH

Re: Great win! I love an underdog but...

Originally posted by Virginia HS Football Fan:
Could you guys PLEASE consider changing your nickname to something else? I hear "Little Giants" and it reminds me of that terrible movie from 1994 with Rick Moranis with the little kids tripping over themselves running through the banner. Like the Bad News Bears of parks and recreation football.

Again, I love a good underdog and that's what makes sports exciting but that nickname...SMH
I resent that!!! That was one of my favorite movies growing up...
laugh.r191677.gif
Seriously, though, at least drop the "little" part.

Re: Great win! I love an underdog but...

No way.

Traditional name that they've carried for over 80 years. KEEP it.

Better than the generic Eagles, Patriots, Wildcats, and Bulldogs names that every team carries now. Its nice to have some unique names out there.

And that ladies & gentlemen, is why the 16 team playoff format is here to stay. YES!!!

# of teams in playoffs....

The only division where you get truly horrible teams is 1A ---

That's where the issue lies

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT