ADVERTISEMENT

1A Soccer

I don't know much about the west other than I believe Radford and Galax will always be tough contenders. In the East there are a handful of good teams to look out for. Essex has 9 returning starters and almost the same squad as in 2013 when they made a trip to Salem. Obviously Riverheads is going to be a tough team to beat this year as well as Northampton. I don't know much about the other three teams that moved down to 1A (Stonewall Jackson, Windsor, Luray). Rappahannock lost a lot of key players and only have about 5 returning starters. Should be a good, fun season of 1A soccer. That's about all I know, hope this helps.

Reactions: CallMeCoach19
I know Stonewall plays better as the season goes on...a lot like Radford in many respects. Essex will be the one with the target on their backs out of the East.
In the West you pegged it. Radford and Galax. Galax is still the favorite for state. They are just so deep, knowledgeable, and disciplined. Honestly those kids should have been winning titles for yeas, but they never had a coach to implement a system until now! George Wythe is a great squad, but they don't have the depth. The last two seasons they sweep Radford regular season, and then lose in the playoffs.
Auburn High is making some leaps and bounds to get better as well. They won't take Galax (too much speed there), but could play some compact counter ball and knock off Radford.

You have no idea how excited I was to see this post!

Reactions: EssexSoccer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT