#11 Parry McCluer @ #6 Hurley
#14 Narrows @ #3 Galax

#10 Auburn @ #7 Rural Retreat
#15 Covington @ #2 J.I. Burton

#12 Northwood @ #5 Honaker
#13 Twin Valley @ #4 Radford

#9 Bland Co. @ #8 Patrick Henry
#16 Twin Springs/Bath Co. @ #1 George Wythe
(TS if they beat Rye Cove Sat., Bath if Rye wins)

Oh sweet! So if the blues pull off an upset way down in deep swva they then get to play galax. How comforting..smh

Reactions: Lucione
If Galax can win the first two and J.l. Burton wins i take it Galax could travel to Burton?

Last edited:
I think Galax can make a run but they will need to clean up the penalties when the competition gets tougher

I don't think PM can beat Hurley either, I assume the game will probably be played on Sat cause PM will definitely not want to travel to the Cliff and play the same day, but would be big advantage for the Rebels if they play Friday

Yes I think they need to play on Saturday . that is a long ride on a bus and then try to play that night. i don't know much about Hurley but I think if we get healthy we will be OK . does Hurley have turf?

Heck far Bgboy, Hurley doesn't even have grass! As someone said, you can't get to Hurley from here,YOU have to go somewhere else and start! Just kiddin', but a day game would be nice for PM, but my guess Hurley would not agree. Hurley is in another world my friend.That is no knock against Hurley, but Hurley is way out in " The Country ", and that is putting it mildly.

Reactions: lovethisgame78
Yes I think they need to play on Saturday . that is a long ride on a bus and then try to play that night. i don't know much about Hurley but I think if we get healthy we will be OK . does Hurley have turf?

Will being healthy really help us that much though? Our offense has not done jacksquat for nearly half the season now. I had really hoped that our line would gel but they never did. In fact, I'd say they've regressed as the season has moved along. The James River game threw up a big red flag for me, last week sent the alarms into high gear and made last nights loss not all that surprising to me, just very frustrating.

mmqp, you better be more than healthy. Hurley has a real good team, no kidding here about that. Their backs are very fast, and they have good size in the line. This just may be the best Hurley team in quite a while for the Rebels. Don't be intimidated by all the Rebel Flags you will see over there. It's more of a school thing, instead of an ethic thing, if you know what I mean. Good people, and good hardnosed football in Hurley. Enjoy your drive, and start early my friend.

I have picked against Galax most of the time, but I think they will play in the Championship Game.
I have picked Galax in most games and have gotten burned, but I agree. I think they have the stuff to make it to the championship. GW's stock has fallen as has Honaker's. Radford and JIB, however,are still in the way. The third round matchups are going to be real good. If Giles inexplicably gets bounced in the the early rounds of 2A, I may make the drive down to Norton or Wytheville for round 3.

Heck far Bgboy, Hurley doesn't even have grass! As someone said, you can't get to Hurley from here,YOU have to go somewhere else and start! Just kiddin', but a day game would be nice for PM, but my guess Hurley would not agree. Hurley is in another world my friend.That is no knock against Hurley, but Hurley is way out in " The Country ", and that is putting it mildly.
I was thinking if the game is 2 1/2 to 3 hours away it was played on Saturday unless both teams agree to play on Friday.

mmqp, you better be more than healthy. Hurley has a real good team, no kidding here about that. Their backs are very fast, and they have good size in the line. This just may be the best Hurley team in quite a while for the Rebels. Don't be intimidated by all the Rebel Flags you will see over there. It's more of a school thing, instead of an ethic thing, if you know what I mean. Good people, and good hardnosed football in Hurley. Enjoy your drive, and start early my friend.

'Fraid I wont be making that trip. It would be a 7 hour drive for me, and after the way the Blues have played the last two weeks I would not walk 20 steps to watch them play. If Hurley wins, good for them. It wont hurt my feelings any at this point.

The flags do not bother me a bit, I'm not a pansy liberal so no whining from me about it lol.

Mt fan91, it is hard to get first round games played on Saturday. I know exactly what you are saying, but Hey, just let school out for the day on Friday, start very early and enjoy the drive to Hurley. I am at exit 35, and Hurley is still a good 2 and half hrs from me. Pack your LUNCH!

mmqp, the o line in my opinion is going down and I don't know way, they are young. But the D is still doing ok . with Cook back will help he is the leading tackler and rusher. But I still don't know if it will be enough. At this point I'm looking to the future and hoping this young team gets going. I do like being in the west, we get to play some new teams.

mmqp, the o line in my opinion is going down and I don't know way, they are young. But the D is still doing ok . with Cook back will help he is the leading tackler and rusher. But I still don't know if it will be enough. At this point I'm looking to the future and hoping this young team gets going. I do like being in the west, we get to play some new teams.

I like playing the different schools, thats what made the East so much fun. I think most of the schools we used to play in deep SWVA have consolidated at this point with a few exceptions. This will be the first time we play a Buchanan County school in a football game.

I remember saying that we would be between 4-6 and 6-4 this season, we lucked out early with some very bad teams and it gave me a false sense that our line was gelling, now we're sitting about where I thought we would be. Still very frustrating though...there is no freaking way Bath and Covington should have played us the way they did. I'm very disappointed with our O-line. This is one of the more embarrassing losses we've had for a while.

If the kids have any heart on that team at all they better prove it this Friday. If they dont, then the heck with them. There are other teams more deserving.

Last edited:
I really think they will this is when the kids from every school show up and the ones that don't get beat. I think the staff at PM will have them ready.

In the very scarce video I can find on Hurley I just dont see the Blues going down there and winning. I hope they prove me wrong, of course. But the Rebels look pretty athletic. And I dont think the Blues can just "turn it on" when they feel like it. They've struggled mightily since beating Auburn. They had their chances and blew them. I really think they needed a "pretty" win vs. Craig and they could not even do that.

Prove me wrong Blues, prove me wrong.

On a side note, does Hurley play at the bottom of a cliff??? I see a big rock wall on one side of their field. Love it!

Reactions: roons-ever1980
How would you know who is more talented, you had no idea who Brady Justice is?
Well its common sense PM has played much better competition and has done well against them and hurley has only played 1 team even worth talking about in Honaker and got blown out 49-22. It's not really hard to see if PM played the same schedule as hurley they are 10-0 or 9-1 right now. Ask anyone on here I speak what I believe to be true and give my honest opinion it's not to offend its my opinion with that said IF they get by PM they will get destroyed by Galax in the second round. They will not have the depth talent or skill to go to Galax and play with them. If they make it to Galax ill pick it Galax-63 hurley-14

Well its common sense PM has played much better competition and has done well against them and hurley has only played 1 team even worth talking about in Honaker and got blown out 49-22. It's not really hard to see if PM played the same schedule as hurley they are 10-0 or 9-1 right now. Ask anyone on here I speak what I believe to be true and give my honest opinion it's not to offend its my opinion with that said IF they get by PM they will get destroyed by Galax in the second round. They will not have the depth talent or skill to go to Galax and play with them. If they make it to Galax ill pick it Galax-63 hurley-14
Rockbridge 1-9, Jackson 1-9, Nelson 1-9 Fort Chiswell 0-10 Craig 1-9, Covington 4-6, 4 wins a coming against teams with a combined 5 wins, Bath 3-7, 2 wins against teams with a combined 1 win. Hurley would have finished 0-10 with that schedule. Maybe PM lost to Bath so they could come to Hurley and have an easy first round game and then go to Galax and show everyone how good they are. Not trying to make PM look bad, there are just some nuts on here that really get me.

I have picked Galax in most games and have gotten burned, but I agree. I think they have the stuff to make it to the championship. GW's stock has fallen as has Honaker's. Radford and JIB, however,are still in the way. The third round matchups are going to be real good. If Giles inexplicably gets bounced in the the early rounds of 2A, I may make the drive down to Norton or Wytheville for round 3.
I think it will come down to 3 teams, Galax, JIB, and Radford. One will beat the other 2 to win the west.

I agree on the three teams, but because of bracketing, Radford could only meet either of the other two in the championship.

Which I don't see happening.

Personally Essex beats Riverheads in Salem in a high scoring shootout.

But what do I know! Hoping RHS loses in first game :cool:

Run, run, and run more.

It's nothing fancy at all. They will run 5-6 plays. But they run them very very well. They don't have a lot of size but they are very well disciplined and they don't make many errors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT