ADVERTISEMENT

2 Dinwiddie players

AdvocateOfMany434

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 13, 2015
757 Area
Spoke to two Dinwiddie players and befriended them at work for last few months. Great kids our here in Hampton, VA. Just wanted to salute that community for raising up 2 kids that have a great career and great future. Good kids I enjoy talking to daily. They play for the Apprentice School here at Newport News now.

Spoke to two Dinwiddie players and befriended them at work for last few months. Great kids our here in Hampton, VA. Just wanted to salute that community for raising up 2 kids that have a great career and great future. Good kids I enjoy talking to daily. They play for the Apprentice School here at Newport News now.
One those was Miles Scott correct? He was one of the hardest working players to ever don a uniform at Dinwiddie. Got more out his ability than most people would have guessed. Great kid and family. Thanks for the compliment Advocate!

One those was Miles Scott correct? He was one of the hardest working players to ever don a uniform at Dinwiddie. Got more out his ability than most people would have guessed. Great kid and family. Thanks for the compliment Advocate!
Yeah, thats him! Other kid named Davis. Got a strong will to learn.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Advocate, thank you. A complement like that means a lot more to us here in Dinwiddie than you know.

The Apprentice School offers a super deal to kids that want to learn a skill and play football. I'm not positive, but I believe they get paid to attend the school. Something like $14.00+ per hour of classroom training, I believe that I heard?

I'm here to tell anybody that will listen, there is a growing severe shortage of tradesmen of all kinds. That translates to more jobs than tradesmen, which translates to ever growing wage rates. Even coming out of a high school Votech school, kids can start out working at wage rates better than many college graduates.

The Apprentice School offers a super deal to kids that want to learn a skill and play football. I'm not positive, but I believe they get paid to attend the school. Something like $14.00+ per hour of classroom training, I believe that I heard?

I'm here to tell anybody that will listen, there is a growing severe shortage of tradesmen of all kinds. That translates to more jobs than tradesmen, which translates to ever growing wage rates. Even coming out of a high school Votech school, kids can start out working at wage rates better than many college graduates.
actually yes, its a hidden gem...

It is a division of Newport News Shipbuilding..The company that has built ALL the aircraft carriers for the Navy and 80 percent of Submarines. Apprentice School is a WIN WIN. Actually that train you to learn a trade (welding, electric, Hvac, construction, machinist, pipe fitter, sheet metal operations, etc). when you learn a trade you go to school for associates 2 days a week PAID FOR during working hours and other days on job learning trade. For athletes they train at 5 every offseason/ and during season. when they go to games, they get paid 8 hours to ride a bus to a game. LOL, truth!

Actually the starting rate is 18 and hour and they get raises every 3 months up to 3.5 years of apprenticeship time. At the end of the apprenticeship they are making 30 bucks an hr and in position to go salary making 65 to 100 Gs a year.They can get a Bacholors paid for through the apprentice school through using ODU. It is a hidden gem BIG TIME!!! I was working with one of the Dinwiddie kids all day today. Great kid and I have taught him a lot since he been with me. Scott kills me because he always smiling when I see him and one of the friendliest kids I know on the yard.

Last edited:
I know about it because my son (2015 QB and state champ for Appomattox) chose AS over numerous scholarship offers. Unfortunately it was a bit too much for him to juggle them all at same time and on academic probation last football year.

I know about it because my son (2015 QB and state champ for Appomattox) chose AS over numerous scholarship offers. Unfortunately it was a bit too much for him to juggle them all at same time and on academic probation last football year.
With respect to your son, learning takes many forms. He will be just fine. Since he was a successful QB, he is a natural leader. He will be successful, I guarantee it.

Miles was as popular as any kid to ever walk the halls of Dinwiddie HS. Please tell him we are so very proud of him. And please tell him that he is invited to be the special guest of Bleeding Navy and myself at any Dinwiddie games he can make it back for next year.

What trade is Miles studying? How about the Davis boy?

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
With respect to your son, learning takes many forms. He will be just fine. Since he was a successful QB, he is a natural leader. He will be successful, I guarantee it.

Miles was as popular as any kid to ever walk the halls of Dinwiddie HS. Please tell him we are so very proud of him. And please tell him that he is invited to be the special guest of Bleeding Navy and myself at any Dinwiddie games he can make it back for next year.

What trade is Miles studying? How about the Davis boy?
Sorry took so long to answer. Just haven’t been on here. Thank you for your compliments on my son. Miles is a Shipfitter. Davis is a welder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT