ADVERTISEMENT

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Interesting to know what Lake Taylor, Patrick Henry, Tusky, Salem have coming back next year?

Salem loses Persinger, Pinello, few others but returns the rest. Should be better than this year, almost certainly #1 in 4D and one of the top 2-3 in the state. I'll be fairly surprised if next year finishes without an appearance in at least the semis again.

I think LT and Salem are on the side of being young. Not sure about the other two.
What about EV and Louisa? For that matter, how about GW and Glass?

With respect to the other thread about Dinwiddie next year? "Improved" should be the case. Loosing some key players, but the cupboard appears to be pretty well stocked for a couple of years. I'm thinking that the most marked improvement for Dinwiddie will be in the play of QB Brenton Hilton. Coach Mills has a history of developing solid QB's, and Hilton should be no exception.

Reactions: freeatlast2013
I think LT and Salem are on the side of being young. Not sure about the other two.

With respect to the other thread about Dinwiddie next year? "Improved" should be the case. Loosing some key players, but the cupboard appears to be pretty well stocked for a couple of years. I'm thinking that the most marked improvement for Dinwiddie will be in the play of QB Brenton Hilton. Coach Mills has a history of developing solid QB's, and Hilton should be no exception.

Glass lost like 26 seniors, I think that's what I read, and of course Kendricks so they'll definitely be in rebuild mode.

Louisa will be very young, led by sophomores, juniors and a couple of seniors. They'll have to replace most of both lines and skill players. Hopefully it'll be another good weight room season. Next season will give us the true answer of whether we are a consistent program that can stay in the thick of things in the region. Will it be a typical rebuilding year, or a Salem or Dinwiddie rebuilding year? We'll know a lot about that team after the first 3 games.

Salem will return nine defensive players that started multiple games this season. Four defensive lineman, one linebacker and all four defensive backs. The offense loses Persinger at RB, Pinello at TE, four current starting OL and WR Ferris. They do return four out of the top five WRs, two OL that started for most of the year, Zavione Wood/Cameron Leftwich in the backfield and QB Hunter Chaney.

Salem also has some major speed moving up. Peyton Lewis had the fastest middle school 100m during the spring at Cosmos (4th in the 200) as a 7th grader and he will be a rising freshman next year after likely breaking some longstanding middle school track records this spring. Landen Goins finished second in the 100m, 200m and 100 hurdles at Cosmos and will be a rising sophomore. Jamien Lingenfelter is also a rising sophomore that finished fourth in 100m, third in the 110 hurdles and dominated the triple jump with one of the best distances in the state.

Last edited:
Reactions: southbottomU
Monacan was very young and injury riddled this season. We were out 9 starters by seasons end. Next year should be a better year but there are already transfer rumors with some of our key players potentially leaving. If they stay put we should be pretty good.

GW is losing several key players (Graves, Watlington, Williamson, McDuffie, etc.). However, we do have people lines up to fill those gaps. Also, there will be a QB change. What are your thoughts @iDidntGetBanned

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
GW is losing several key players (Graves, Watlington, Williamson, McDuffie, etc.). However, we do have people lines up to fill those gaps. Also, there will be a QB change. What are your thoughts @iDidntGetBanned
I think GW will be pretty stout next year. They have some big linemen returning and coming up from JV.. The biggest piece will be George Jackson. The secondary will be very good next year with Justin Bethel, Donavan Howard (played very well for McClary in Salem), and Zay King. I can see Willie Edmunds or Shakobe Hairston playing the other safety position. Willie will be the feature back and I don’t think it’ll be any drop off from Graves. As far as the offense goes, Jeb Brynes should get the job at QB. Kid is a playmaker and is tough as nails. He reminds me a lot of Noah Beckley from Salem a few years ago. Shakobe Hairston and Shyheim Watlington will be two very good receivers. UNC Chapel Hill and Charlotte are heavily interested in Shakobe so I expect that we’ll see him at a position that he’ll play in college next season. With Glass losing a few pieces I think Salem will be the top dog and GW, Pulaski and Glass will fight for #2. IF tackling improves, I like GW chances to reach their first region championship this year. Linebackers will be good next year.

Last edited:

Glass is losing 26 seniors, so the team will have a new look. We Bring back Some good skill players, wide receiver and corner to be specific but will have to reload on the lines, running back, quarterback and linebacker. Glass staff has done a great job at developing the younger guys so it wouldn’t surprise me if they are somewhat back in contention. Just all depends on how the offseason goes. Glass usually tends to be fast and athletic, but it would be good to see some more size and strength particularly at the linebacker and running back positions. I like the young talent so far at Glass, and I am very excited about the freshman class next year coming from Linkhorne.

Reactions: Tribe OL 95
Glass is losing 26 seniors, so the team will have a new look. We Bring back Some good skill players, wide receiver and corner to be specific but will have to reload on the lines, running back, quarterback and linebacker. Glass staff has done a great job at developing the younger guys so it wouldn’t surprise me if they are somewhat back in contention. Just all depends on how the offseason goes. Glass usually tends to be fast and athletic, but it would be good to see some more size and strength particularly at the linebacker and running back positions. I like the young talent so far at Glass, and I am very excited about the freshman class next year coming from Linkhorne.

Lots of big shoes to fill at Glass, but the pipeline is much better than the 6-4 JV record might suggest to some observers. Just need to tailor the scheme to the strengths of the younger players coming up, and I am sure Woody and his staff will do a great job with that - his track record is clear.

Older guys have "showed the way" in terms of hard work and doing things the right way. The program culture is stronger now and should persist beyond this senior class...just like the it did after the classes of 2019 and 2018 graduated.

Remember the name Terrell Barbour.

Interesting to know what Lake Taylor, Patrick Henry, Tusky, Salem have coming back next year?
LT returns Newton and Foster in the backfield. Tarrion Washington-Jacobs a freshman just rushed for 120+ yards and 2 TD's against PH. One person they will be missing is LB/TE Ikeem Wright who was 2x Regional DPOY.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT