#1 Strasburg hosts #6 Page County
#3 Stuarts Draft has BYE
#4 Staunton hosts 3A Central Woodstock
#5 Clarke County hosts #8 East Rockingham
#7 Buckingham is at Bluestone
#9 Buffalo Gap is at 3a Broadway
#10 Stonewall hosts 1a Rappahannock County

Nice work Gunz!

Do you know how many teams make the post-season?

I'd say the region looks pretty wide open so far...on any given night.

Strasburg is figuring out who they are. They have some serious balance. I’d watch out for them late in the season.
Bold, I know, since they are tied at the top. Not a lot of chatter about them. o_O

Strasburgs Defense looks really good. They get hats to the football on defense. Against Central the quarterback did not have time to throw. The dline is getting pressure and Holiday the MLB is leading the defense. Hart the William and Mary commit is leading by example by doing whatever is needed for the offennse. Haven't had to throw alot yet. Schedule gets tougher now. We will see what they are made of. The next 3 games are home vs Page County , at Rappahannock County home vs East Rock. Then at Madison, then the Showdown at home vs Clarke and Rutherford. Should be 6-1 if not 7-0 by the Clarke game.

Strasburgs Defense looks really good. They get hats to the football on defense. Against Central the quarterback did not have time to throw. The dline is getting pressure and Holiday the MLB is leading the defense. Hart the William and Mary commit is leading by example by doing whatever is needed for the offennse. Haven't had to throw alot yet. Schedule gets tougher now. We will see what they are made of. The next 3 games are home vs Page County , at Rappahannock County home vs East Rock. Then at Madison, then the Showdown at home vs Clarke and Rutherford. Should be 6-1 if not 7-0 by the Clarke game.
Luray could figure in all of this also.

If you are a contender you will be 7-0

I agree you don’t have to be 7-0 but there should only be one game at most you are challenged and that’s East Rock. Page is improved but likely won’t challenge them seriously. Rapp County has a win over Craig county but they aren’t world beaters. Madison has its own struggles which puzzles me for a program that had such a storied history. That’s three out of the next four being decisively in favor of them .East Rock has potential but lost a good bit from last years team. Still some nice pieces but time will tell if they can get in sync and be what we thought they would be this year.

I don't think you'll have to be 7-0 to be a contender,just my opinion.
. Only thing I’m saying if you are state championship contender need to go through that stretch unbeaten losing to Clark wouldn’t make that statement I don’t believe any of those teams are state champ contenders and I think Clark can be. I don’t think east rock is the team of last Year.

Page is improved. Not sure how many looked at the final score of the Luray-Page game and said, well that's about right.....3 TDs difference. With less than a minute left in the 1st half, Luray was up 21-13 with Page on about the Luray 25, and couldn't convert a 4th down. Luray running back rips off about a 75 yarder to make it 28-13 at the half. Could have easily been a tie ball game at half. Who knows what happens after that? I can see a team or two overlooking Page and them grabbing an unexpected win. Does it happen this week? Idk

Isn't Central really REALLY down this year? I know they graduated a good number of seniors so I don't know if they are a good measuring stick. Luray and Clarke are the legit teams from the Bull Run. In the Shenandoah.. I honestly see only 1 legit team.. Stuarts Draft ( I would say Riverheads but they are in another division) I am saying this after watching them against Clarke. Obviously, anyone can win on any given day but I personally think the 3 in contention are Draft Luray and Clarke in no particular order.

@gtownfencecrew, no doubt Page is improved. I know the numbers are up and some players that otherwise wouldn't have played decided to come out for their senior year. I think all of that is great, my point was that if Strasburg is a contender then Page shouldn't be a huge issue for them. If they were to lose to Page it wouldn't end their season but by all accounts you would question if they are contenders. Losing to Clarke may be a different story if they are undefeated at that point by getting past East Rock. Time will tell but it sounds like there are several teams that are in the hunt out of the Bull Run for Region B.

@gtownfencecrew, no doubt Page is improved. I know the numbers are up and some players that otherwise wouldn't have played decided to come out for their senior year. I think all of that is great, my point was that if Strasburg is a contender then Page shouldn't be a huge issue for them. If they were to lose to Page it wouldn't end their season but by all accounts you would question if they are contenders. Losing to Clarke may be a different story if they are undefeated at that point by getting past East Rock. Time will tell but it sounds like there are several teams that are in the hunt out of the Bull Run for Region B.
Clarke isn't undefeated. We lost to Stuarts Draft last Friday. Now if you're only talking district play, then you're correct.

Maybe I am wording it incorrectly. If Strasburg were to lose to East Rock and Clarke would you still consider them contenders? I agree one loss does not throw you out of contention but two losses to other divisional contenders has to call that in to question. Not saying that they lose either mind you but, IF East Rock wins their matchup, the Clarke game becomes huge. Lots of football to play and no one can say with certainty what will happen.

Red pride I think we on same page, Not trying to slight anybody I think page is on the way up and you are right gtownfencecrew but I don’t they might upset somebody I think they will

Red pride I think we on same page, Not trying to slight anybody I think page is on the way up and you are right gtownfencecrew but I don’t they might upset somebody I think they will

Oh no worries about slighting.....I just wanted to point out just how much I think they are improved. They have to play mistake-free football and have a few lucky bounces go their way.

East Rock beats Clarke
Clarke beats Luray
Luray beats East Rock
Strasburg beats Clarke
Luray beats Strasburg

All make sense to me at this point. This one could take a while.

East Rock beats Clarke
Clarke beats Luray
Luray beats East Rock
Strasburg beats Clarke
Luray beats Strasburg

All make sense to me at this point. This one could take a while.
Blasphemy, that's what it is! :D I'm nervous about tomorrow. I'm hoping the guys are fired up and angry tomorrow! Just don't want anyone to get hurt. Even though we lost to SD last week, it was still a good game to watch. I hope @Gunz41 enjoyed his gift!;):rolleyes::eek:

Blasphemy, that's what it is! :D I'm nervous about tomorrow. I'm hoping the guys are fired up and angry tomorrow! Just don't want anyone to get hurt. Even though we lost to SD last week, it was still a good game to watch. I hope @Gunz41 enjoyed his gift!;):rolleyes::eek:

Haha, I did enjoy it, but I hope it wasn't a gift.

It would be nice if each of our teams end in 1st and 2nd.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Great Job by Page tonight. Strasburg played undisciplined football. Way to man missed assignments and penalties. I am still baffled by the defense playing the linebackers 5-6 yards off the ball against a team that ran straight at you. No excuses the boys from Strasburg have to clean up alot for the coming weeks. Again a big Congratulations to Page County players and coaches

Reactions: gtownfencecrew
I am really happy for this group from Page. Lots of people have wanted this for Page and nights like tonight make all the perseverance worth it. Congrats to the Panthers and it would really awesome to see a playoff run this year. This is one Gladiator fan that is rooting for you guys.

Reactions: gtownfencecrew
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT