ADVERTISEMENT

2A State Contenders Boys and Girls

I wish that was the case for GC. Their D is a constant lapse. Maybe the zone D they played the other night will open their eyes a bit.

Back to the original topic --- I'll take Mason, Greensville, Bluestone and Bruton in the east. (Page County is my alternate) Then give me Graham, Gate, DR and Martinsville in the west. (Appo is my dark horse on this side)

How does the playoff format from this year differ from the playoffs from last year?

Ill take Mason, Page, Bruton, Bluestone in the East. Then I'll go with Union, Gate City, Dan River, and Martinsville in the West. (Il take Richlands as my darkhorse in the west)

I'm not 100% on how the post season is layed out so I wasn't sure how to make my picks really.

Sounds like Gate City is going to be a hand full with that size. Mavahi starts 5'8", 5'10", 6'0",6'1",6'7". They are some what athletic though, decent quickness, and play pretty good D. Danville, I take it you weren't at the game Friday, about as many athletes on one floor as I've seen in awhile. GW's Brooks is an absolute man among boys out there, good luck to him at Cincinnati next year on the football field.
Horsepasture, I go to school in Richmond but I've seen GW 5 times this year and I know just about all of them personally except for Brooks. GW has quite a team but they need to learn to finish games. For the past two seasons they've leaned on Tamario Rodgers so they're learning to win without him. GW has very good athletes and their best athletes are actually 11th graders (Pat Robinson (PG), Cayman Wilson (SG), DeVantae Grasty (PF), and Cam Lewis (PG)). Brooks is a pure football player. There are only 3 football players believe it or not..Brooks, CJ Graves and #15 Fuller-McDowell are the only football players on the team. This team is still in good shape. I think GW will actually be in state championship game this year. Will they win it? That depends on how much they want it..They tend to play undisciplined in the big games. They had their best football team in a long time this year but wanted to fight and lost focus and lost to a team they should've creamed by 3+ TDs...Can't do that. That's GW's biggest problem in both football and basketball. They get that mess out of their system, they'll dominate on the 4a level.

Last edited:
Reactions: AntGZee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT